Asmus Toys: Nazgûl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impressions on the steed:

I haven't done any modification or weathering yet. My main visual gripe is flimsy strapping again. They're really thin and narrow, much more than reference photos would indicate they should be. And they don't hold the saddle on very tight. Other than that, I think the horse looks good. I don't mind the flocking or loss of the wounds, though they would be cool to see or add. I will probably do something with the blanket underneath the saddle, it has those really weird cut shapes like the Nazgul sleeves again.

His legs were kinda warped coming out of the package, so that he couldn't stand. One back leg does seem shorter than the other, but the fact they were pinched together a bit was the main problem. So I had him straddle a chair leg for a day to force them back to normal-position and that seemed to help. He can now stand on his own and hold the rider without falling or needing the stand. I did attach the stand anyway just to be on the safe side. But I'm not sure it would save him if he were to get bumped.

I like the base of the stand, but the "arm" itself is a really weird design. Why not just have a non-flexible arm that comes straight up from the stand and grips the horse on either side of his underbelly - plus hidden by the blanket? The stand is kinda ugly and obtrusive as is.

I would like to see better forward articulation on the hooves too, particularly the rear ones. Right now they stop at a point that limits the leg posing - if you want all four touching the ground, that is.

I wonder if just putting a block between the ankles for a time would do the same? I might try that once I put the steed on display.

I'm thinking I may make some little plugs out of resin for the leg joints once I've decided on a pose just to help disguise them a bit. And since it takes so much space in a detolf I looking to make a bigger base resembling tree roots to sit the whole horse on

Using something to spread them, then leaving in a warmer part of the room or standing on top of a detolf on a warm day should help

I wonder if just putting a block between the ankles ....

dmpjb8.gif

tumblr_nhb2ftP9901rsxqqio1_400.gif

:lol I saw the quote box and knew what gif I'd be looking at further down. That was on TV just the other night and my mom and me were reminiscing about when it came out and what a creepy damned scenario that all was. I hope I don't break my horse's ankles when I do it.

Well they are here, finally...

Seems Asmus' Nazgul has reached the shores. Not sure how many here have abandoned this for the ACI. The only thing that I worry about on this one is that damn seam on the head. Saw it from day one as a problem and every photo I've seen since has only concerned me more.

To anyone who has this figure, how hard is it to "hide" the seam on the head? Any chance of pulling it to one side to help hide it and correct the shape?

Why did they make it with a seam when ACI were able to make it without one? Doesn't really make any sense to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:dunno

To tell you the truth, although I'm certain the quality is there, from the neck down, I don't think the ACI is substantially better than the Asmus. But ACI wins the hood battle. So my only concern is trying to fix that somehow. And not resort to a new hood altogether. I hope to solve that issue and save the $100 difference in the process. For $100 more I like that Asmus includes a steed.

Oh, BTW, has anyone received their missing reg Nazgul sword yet?

O
Seems Asmus' Nazgul has reached the shores. Not sure how many here have abandoned this for the ACI. The only thing that I worry about on this one is that damn seam on the head. Saw it from day one as a problem and every photo I've seen since has only concerned me more.

To anyone who has this figure, how hard is it to "hide" the seam on the head? Any chance of pulling it to one side to help hide it and correct the shape?

No, not that I've been able to do. The hood is a bit more rigid than the material of the rest of the robe and you can't really move it around to hide it.

Big plans for a display base for me, considering it's going to take up whole shelf and more may aswell go the full hog on it

i still have mine coming from urban samurai. I am figuring that the seam won't be too noticeable where he will be displayed.

I've got some nice heavy material, I might have a go at replacing the hood and outer cloak if need be, more concerned if I can achieve a pose I want with horse and figure

Back