Asmus Toys: Nazgûl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap

Waiting on BBTS. Love to see more pictures. Someone here has the ACI version coming as well so it will be really interesting to see the two side by side.

If you're going to make ths look like a true Nazgul, you don't see much armor other than feet and hands, and most of the fabric is just wet and hanging looking, so really either can look correct -- just depends on how much you want to spend.

I need to save money for the Mouth of Sauron who will also likely be on his steed.

Exactly, the only pose for showing his armor should be riding the steed, otherwise, the robes should cover everything. And thats what I tried to do. Theres no need to "spend". Its definetely an easy fix. I get it that the company has to show the armor, but on a shelf, I don't see why it should be showing that much...

By the way, I recommend removing the elbow guards. I removed mine. Its the same arm protection as the Witch King, but this time, inside the robes, the elbow guard makes him look awkward.

elb.jpg

(and yes, most days my hands are stained with ink or paint)

Cant wait for my zombie horse to arrive. Expensive but it looks rad especially with glowing eyes. I only wish I could get it with full flocking including the muzzle.

Are there any photos of hte horse without the hood on?

Btw, for you who are planning to open your Nazgul, and mount him on the horse, please be aware when the ankle got loose (this happens all the time, almost every time on the Nazgul figure), when the ankle is loose and off, it will make the shin guard fell off, and risking the knee guard to be broken due to the fall.

So please take a very careful step, when the ankle is off, and the feet fell, grab/hold the shin guard right away before it fell down, just to avoid any breakage.

I ordered the SET from Urban Samurai...anyone else? I haven't received any word on shipments for these...just anxious:)

I ordered the SET from Urban Samurai...anyone else? I haven't received any word on shipments for these...just anxious:)

I ordered from them too. They estimated arrival to their store around January 28th so I am not worried yet. Just anxious.

image.jpg
Horrible ipad photo, sorry!
Just got him, right out of the box.
Both ankles were disconnected. Good call on reattaching them with him on his back so the armor doesn't slide off! I got them back in, I think, to where they don't fall off but I'm afraid to push them all of the way in case they snap.
There is a lot of fabric to play with and many folds to tuck in and around the armor for some cool looking poses. Could do with some weathers for sure.
The head part of the robe is more solid than the rest of the robe. Like its brittle almost. I'd like to try to open it up abit.
The joints are nice and tight. Gonna try to swap out the hands now...

Got the Nazgul and Steed last week and immediately set to modding the Nazgul:
- water treated all the robes, off the figure, to straighten them out
- shredded the hanging edges of the robes and sleeves, basically anything that would drag on the ground, and heavily muddied them. The cut pattern on the sleeves Asmus did is pretty weird, so these end up more tattered than I'd prefer.
- some brighter silver dry brushing on the arm armor, and just a bit on the leg armor
- rebuilt the belt with thicker vinyl. The original material is just too flimsy. Also sewed the buckles to the fabric. (I despise glued belting)
- (EDIT) rotated the sleeves so the seam is on the bottom and they hang better off the arms

Is it just mine, or could the "face" area be cut a little higher into the hood?

nazgul-weathered7.JPG

nazgul-weathered3.JPG

nazgul-weathered4.JPG

Second layer:
nazgul-weathered6.JPG

nazgul-weathered5.JPG

Yes, mine also has a right foot that falls off...

Last edited:
Impressions on the steed:

I haven't done any modification or weathering yet. My main visual gripe is flimsy strapping again. They're really thin and narrow, much more than reference photos would indicate they should be. And they don't hold the saddle on very tight. Other than that, I think the horse looks good. I don't mind the flocking or loss of the wounds, though they would be cool to see or add. I will probably do something with the blanket underneath the saddle, it has those really weird cut shapes like the Nazgul sleeves again.

His legs were kinda warped coming out of the package, so that he couldn't stand. One back leg does seem shorter than the other, but the fact they were pinched together a bit was the main problem. So I had him straddle a chair leg for a day to force them back to normal-position and that seemed to help. He can now stand on his own and hold the rider without falling or needing the stand. I did attach the stand anyway just to be on the safe side. But I'm not sure it would save him if he were to get bumped.

I like the base of the stand, but the "arm" itself is a really weird design. Why not just have a non-flexible arm that comes straight up from the stand and grips the horse on either side of his underbelly - plus hidden by the blanket? The stand is kinda ugly and obtrusive as is.

I would like to see better forward articulation on the hooves too, particularly the rear ones. Right now they stop at a point that limits the leg posing - if you want all four touching the ground, that is.

I too am missing the sword with the combo.
I also have a broken wrist joint on the nazgul.
I emailed asmus about it.
How did you attach the scabbard to the belt? Did you use the 2 loop attachment on the side of the belt or is that for the dagger?

That looks really good with Malificent on there. I bet it would look great with a Frazetta Death Dealer figure.

Is this thing being held up at the ports on the West coast?

Last edited:
Back