Asmus Toys: Nazgûl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have confirmed that the horses will be fully articulated. Haven't heard anything about the manes or tails yet, though.

The early proto images of the horses didn't show any manes or tails. That could mean they're thinking of doing rooted hair ... or, I suppose, that they're going the sculpted route, but casting them separately.

EDIT: I asked them in the "Ask Asmus" thread. Hope to hear back soon ...

Last edited:
They have confirmed that the horses will be fully articulated. Haven't heard anything about the manes or tails yet, though.

The early proto images of the horses didn't show any manes or tails. That could mean they're thinking of doing rooted hair ... or, I suppose, that they're going the sculpted route, but casting them separately.

EDIT: I asked them in the "Ask Asmus" thread. Hope to hear back soon ...

As I said before, I'd still prefer no articulation for the horse. However, after seeing how impressive the Asmus LOTR lineup has been (especially the Witch-King IMO), they definitely deserve the benefit of the doubt and I hope they prove me wrong.:pray: As long as they can hide the joints, I would have no issues.

I'm with you, N-K. I'd also much prefer the horses not have any leg articulation. About all you could reasonably do is lift one front hoof off the ground. Anything else and the whole thing would tumble over. If the joints are too distracting, I may consider filling them in and painting them over.

However, a ball joint at the base of the head and one at the base of the neck would be very cool, though. That could provide a lot of posing options and be hidden well by the riding gear.

I wasn't sure where to put this. It was posted on Asmus' Facebook page:

1920340_10151908894241968_1031392723_n.jpg

12684497784_a7f1f35d5b_b.jpg

Hello Asmus, great sculpt but maybe you should make a larger base for the ears? As they are they quite look like donkey ears instead of horse ears.
:)

Agreed on the ear comment. The base is to narrow and the opening is a bit to far up on the ear, if that makes sense? Here is a good picture showing the opening in relation to the base of the ear and where it meets the head:
HORSE_Ears.JPG

I think if the ear base was made a little larger and then bring the entire ear down a bit so it doesn't appear as long this horse will be very mean looking. :)

Asmus, what is the update on the body used for Nazgul?

Equally important, what about us witchking owners and a replacement body?

Back