Asmus Toys: Merry and Pippin Lord of the Rings 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I prefer v.1 Pippin and v.2 Merry. But I'll have to wait until I have them in hand to be sure.

Those are my current thoughts with the sculpts right now too but the paint on the original release is just too tan/orangish especially when they are next to the rest of the fellowship.

If I could find a v1 Pippin, I'd grab him. Definitely like that sculpt more than new one as new one is a little extreme. Paint jobs can always be fixed.

I totally missed the new v2 sculpts. They are much more expressive and certainly comically exaggerated... and they may be more interesting and diverse on the shelf than the glum expressions of the early v1's.

If Sideshow happens to be your retailer of choice, Merry and Pippin slims are now up. FYI.

(I don't see anything about stands, though. I'm curious if that may have been a mis-print/misunderstanding/mis-translation in their earlier note.)

I totally missed the new v2 sculpts. They are much more expressive and certainly comically exaggerated... and they may be more interesting and diverse on the shelf than the glum expressions of the early v1's.

Not sure what you meant by missed them, but they're still up for sale on Asmus' site. Still wish I had Pippin v1. Really think with a proper paint job it looks pretty good.

not sure if its just me but im trying to pre order both but when i tried to add pippin to the car it just adds 2 merrys ? any info asmus?

Any news? I thought these two were due out around now.
In Stock with TNS
86faa39154624c73ad169479201cefeb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Capes look a bit thin. I'm not 100% happy with the likenesses, especially Pippin's, but its's the best we have for these characters. And yes, the V2s capture the characters better, so there's that. For a Chinese company, Asmus seems very invested in making better LOTR figures, so good on them, and good for us.

Are these partial rubber bodies - like, is there an ankle joint in there? I am a bit worried about longevity.

Back