Asmus Toys: Merry and Pippin Lord of the Rings 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus please do a 2nd run on the Merry & Pippin Hobbits (complete figures). 200pcs at least. They are the only ones I am missing to complete the line and are IMPOSSIBLE to acquire. I am sure I'm not alone on this one.

They both look very cartoony and characatured. The sculpts definitely look like them, just seems exaggerated.
Also Pippen's hair looks very flat. Hopefully they add some highlights so it's not one flat colour.

Still, after making my complaints you know I'll still order them...

Ordered.
But Merry shouldn't smile.... :-(
I have the originals. Will compare and pick up what I feel is best.
Asmus deserves a lot of credit for this. $35 for the head+cape+shipping...??? OMG
Now, slim Frodo and Sam!!!! Asmus, take my money!!!!
m.

Muuuuuch better sculpts! cool that they're updating them and selling them.

They told me "yes" too. I trust them.
:)

Since all the research and design costs have already been spent I would think a release of Merry & Pippin would only make sense although o would prefer an ultimate set which would include everything from the first release without the suntan on the sculpts plus the new sculpts and capes and the Barrow Wright swords/knives. I know it's not going to happen but that's what I would love to see.

Since all the research and design costs have already been spent I would think a release of Merry & Pippin would only make sense although o would prefer an ultimate set which would include everything from the first release without the suntan on the sculpts plus the new sculpts and capes and the Barrow Wright swords/knives. I know it's not going to happen but that's what I would love to see.

Yeah, I'd love that too...but I doubt it'll ever happen :(

Same here.

I want the new heads but I also want the barrow-blades but I'm not gonna buy another set of Merry&Pip for the blades...

I am not usually negative about these updates etc, but I am a little annoyed that the Slim version gets extra hands and a stand. Whereas I bought the original release and the new heads and didn't get a stand. Not the smartest move for the fan base IMO.

I am not usually negative about these updates etc, but I am a little annoyed that the Slim version gets extra hands and a stand. Whereas I bought the original release and the new heads and didn't get a stand. Not the smartest move for the fan base IMO.

I don't see a stand listed in the description anywhere.

Ordered. I have the first version, but plan to pose those with Treebeard if they ever make him. For now I'll pose them with the Toybiz Treebeard. I'm going to pose these with Frodo and Sam.

It's on Facebook

"The Slim Version of 1/6th scaled collectible action figure Merry and Pippin are now ready for pre-orders.

Other than the heads and cloaks that are different from the original duo-packs, we have also added a set of figure stand in the set, and additional pair of hands.

We have prepared only 500 copies of each hobbit, it is a treat of opportunity for those who missed the first time.

Please hold on to this opportunity and make your order, because it will run out very quickly.

Please also notice,the figures are already in the middle of production, we expect to ship them as early as mid-October 2017.

Pre-order here...

Pippin : https://www.asmustoys.com/pippin
Merry : https://www.asmustoys.com/merry"

They've stated on Facebook that a stand is included. I'm in the same boat. I was annoyed when they were released without a stand (yes I know the big feet let them stand just fine). The reality is I like consistency on my shelves of all my Lord of the rings figures on lord of the rings stands. Now the "slim" versions of the hobbits get extra items, extra stand and extra hands. How hard would it have been to add the stands to the expansion packs we faithful customers are buying?! Oh well. I guess I'm being a grumpy old complainer...I'll go sit in the corner now for a time out.

In that case it would have been nice if they included the stands with the updated heads and charged slightly more. It would be nice to have stands for all of the figures.

Back