Asmus Toys: Merry and Pippin Lord of the Rings 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to see the stands. Are they just half-sized standard stands? Personally I'd like some small waist-grabbers for my hobbits. (With their packs on, the hobbits tend to be a little top-heavy so crotch-cradle stands might not be the best option. Because, despite how big their feet are, if you don't balance them juuust right, they are prone to toppling over. Stands would be welcome.

Hopefully, Asmus includes them with the head upgrades or sells them individually.

Maybe Asmus can just sell us the hobbit-sized stands by themselves if they don't cost out in the accessory packs?

What is missing from the slim version of Merry and Pippin that was included in the original release?

The Lothlorien cloaks are missing and elven daggers and belts I think. They seem to have their pipes and bags. So the slim set is as 'thick' if not 'thicker' than the original with the replacement cloaks, additional hands and with the inclusion of stands

What is missing from the slim version of Merry and Pippin that was included in the original release?

They don't seem to have any daggers. Or am I missing that? they're not mentioned on Asmus' order page, but maybe they are on Facebook. (There seems to be a bit more info on Facebook.)

They don't seem to have any daggers. Or am I missing that? they're not mentioned on Asmus' order page, but maybe they are on Facebook. (There seems to be a bit more info on Facebook.)

I think they might be missing one pair of hands, knives, belts and elven cloaks. Maybe the pipes too. Regardless the price is real good in my opinion. I can get the pair for less than a barebones Sideshow Star Wars figure.

Preordered both Merry and Pippin slim edition. Don't want to miss out with the edition size being just 500!

It seems that Frodo and Sam are to be announced soon:
MER002-700x700.jpg

Pretty cool that they offer them seperately as well. Frodo will be bought no matter what. :yess:

I might prefer the v1 Pippin *sculpt*. Not the paint though. The paint on the first round was pretty sub-par.

I definitely think the newer Merry is better though. Not that the Pippin is bad, it's just more extreme than I would've gone for personally.

I might prefer the v1 Pippin *sculpt*. Not the paint though. The paint on the first round was pretty sub-par.

I definitely think the newer Merry is better though. Not that the Pippin is bad, it's just more extreme than I would've gone for personally.

Very true. Though the v.1 pair I got wasn't quite so rosy-cheeked as a lot of the pictures I've seen, so the paint work on mine was fairly solid. I mean, they've still got somewhat rosy cheeks, but not nearly as bad as others.

Back