Arrested Development

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to go back and watch the first five episodes again. I didn't get what the hell they were doing until Gobs episode

Well. That was a ****ing ride. I need to digest it. But it was of the mos unique things i've ever seen. Netflix is really going to change the way to watch a TV show.

But now it's over....

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fWyzwo1xg0[/ame]

It really picks up starting with Tobias' episode. I just finished episode 8 and laughed my *** off! Steve Holt was jarring to see again (years have not been kind!) So far, I was disappointed with the first 3 episodes but it has really picked up. Can't wait to finish this. Great to have the gang back again! Steve Holt!!!!!!!!

I haven't had internet at home since this past Friday and it might not be back until this coming Saturday. I might spend the night in my office tonight and just watch all of these on my work computer after hours. Nothing weird about that, right?

Well I just finished the entire thing. I loved gob, maybe, and George michaels episode the best, but I didn't dig the format.

I just finished it, and I love it. As others have said, I'll need to think about it a bit, but, first impressions? Well, for one...
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think you mixed up George Michael with Micheal. Micheal's a piece of **** who got what he deserved at the end.

Re: Arrested Developmenth

George Michael was an *******. Period.

thats bull****.

lets count all the great things michael did....

Spoiler Spoiler:

you forget that George Michael is 22. Michael is over 40... he's an immature *** who doesnt realize hes hopeless without his son.

Spoiler Spoiler:

You also forget that Michael raised this kid by himself for years, and he always seemed to try pretty hard to
Make sure that his son had a good (albeit unconventional) life.

So your biased,......hmmmm

The point of this season was to see how far Michael has fallen. You do remember all the **** he did to George Michael throughout the series right? ****ed his teacher, whom GM had a crush on, hated his girlfriend, and never supported him, forced him into many situations (the hippy school) ....

Sure he loved him. And sure, he wasn't a horrible person, but that was because he had his family to look after, and his son. But take them away...well, he's just as bad as the other Bluths.
As for who got who first, i'm a little sloppy on the timeline...but regardless, Ron Howard killed the relationship. Then Michael found out who the other person was, and STILL went for it.

That's ****ed up. Period. No sane father in the world would ever do something like that.

Last edited:
He STILL went for it before he knew who it was, regardless of what Ron Howard said/didn't say. He only found out who it was after he'd *ahem* finished. Also, if I were in Michael's shoes, I would've went for it, too. George Michael was a **** to Michael since the beginning. Sure, he was entitled to his privacy, but he basically cut his father off. Now, for a guy who raised you on his own, and provided for you, and, when you really think about it, threw his life away for you, to be cut off like that hurts, why would I give a damn what the ungrateful little bastard wants? As for the life part, yeah, he did throw his life away for George Michael. He could've been a successful real estate developer in Phoenix, but he gave that up so that his son could get to know his wonderful family.

Finished the 4th episode, this one felt the most like the old show so far.

The format change itself to the focus on indivual characters isn't bothering me but the extended running time really really is. That is without a doubt what is making it feel so differant and why so many people are hating it. While I may not herald the first 3 seasons as the best comedy show ever (though it is up there), one thing I don't think anyone would argue is no other show came close to the laugh per minute ratio in how successfuly they could be constantly setting up jokes and paying them off. Here now it's more like Curb Your Enthusiasm or Louie where we get alot more serious time with the character and then see how they segway into those goofy and crazy situations all of the sudden, especially when they're around more and more members of the family. All of their antics coming togeather snowball into the old format of the old show and you get moments where it feels perfect. The actors are also feeling a little more comfortable back in their roles now, where as a few felt a little unnatural at first, this is also probably a result of them all being about 10 years older and having to adjust to their age, and in George Sr.'s case his voice and personality change due to being so much older now. Though Lucille and Linds show it the most in their faces.

The guest stars are still really in your face too, like they just wanted to jam every "comedy" person in hollywood in there to somehow validate their showing of support for the show but it does make it feel sort of like a reunion special or weird movie version of the show at times.

All in all though I'm enjoying them, albeit a little less than the first seasons, it's still better than most things going now and I think the payoff will come the ability to rearrange and rewatch the episodes in differant orders and still have a cohesive story play out. It is indeed differant and quite genius albeit not comedy genius, at least not yet unless I'm really missing some hidden plot threads.

Last edited:
So your biased,......hmmmm

The point of this season was to see how far Michael has fallen. You do remember all the **** he did to George Michael throughout the series right? ****ed his teacher, whom GM had a crush on, hated his girlfriend, and never supported him, forced him into many situations (the hippy school) ....

Sure he loved him. And sure, he wasn't a horrible person, but that was because he had his family to look after, and his son. But take them away...well, he's just as bad as the other Bluths.
As for who got who first, i'm a little sloppy on the timeline...but regardless, Ron Howard killed the relationship. Then Michael found out who the other person was, and STILL went for it.

That's ****ed up. Period. No sane father in the world would ever do something like that.

George Micheal had a girlfriend? Who?

George Micheal had a girlfriend? Who?

Her?

@ Deckard, I think the further you go into the series, the less concerning the runtime is. It really wasn't until the Tobias episode that got me feeling like I was watching Arrested Development. It felt a tad awkward at first. Yes, I laughed at many things in those first few episodes, but it all comes together by Tobias' episode and onward.

I'm also agreeing with Celtic regarding the Michael vs George Michael debate. I like Michael better as a character but he is wrong to be doing what he is doing.

Back