Arrested Development

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deckard

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well just in case you've been living in a spiderhole in an abandoned housing development for the past few months, it's been confirmed that Season 4 of Arrested Development will debut in it's entirety in May exclusively on Netflix.

Mitch Hurwitz has stated it will take place 6-7 years after we left the Bluths with all the characters having gone their own way w/o Michael to hold them togeather. Each episode will focus on an indiviual character and what they've been doing since the break with Michael being the common denominator in every story. It will all lead upto the finale when the entire family is back togeather and it's the goal that all of that will lead into a proper movie. I consider this high on the list for best comedy ever on tv and certainly unparalleled in terms of the laughs per episode so I'm really looking forward to it's return.

arrested-development-cast-reunion.jpg

I consider this high on the list for best comedy ever on tv and certainly unparalleled in terms of the laughs per episode so I'm really looking forward to it's return.
Agreed. Up there with the best of the Simpsons, Muppet Show, SNL, Monty Python, and a few others in my book. I was just watching this yesterday. Will need to rewatch every season in preparation of this.

Love this show. Can't wait. My Netflix subscription expired on Christmas Eve. Haven't renewed it yet but I've got plenty of time if this doesn't air until May.

Alot of people are going to be renewing come May, and then probably promptly canceling. :lol

My friend and I are gonna split a sub and watch it all the way through in a day.

How many episodes will there be? Are they putting the whole season up at once or in a weekly format? I don't pay for cable so I don't mind buying a yearly subscription of streaming so I guess these questions aren't critical to me. But I am curious as this is the first I know of an original program coming exclusively to Netflix.

It was 10, but they upped the order to 14 episodes. They will all be available at once so you can watch it straight through. Hurwitz claims watching them all togeather will be like watching one big giant episode where we'll see some of the same events but from differant angles or character perspectives. It was also designed with rewatchablity in mind like the original 3 seasons, meaning there will be "in jokes" we won't get until we rewatch it a 2nd time.

https://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidet...th-stair-car-and-adam-devine-appearances.html

I rediscovered this show a couple years back. I loved it when it originally aired but watching the old shows as a marathon, I finally understood just how mind blowingly great it is. Definitely looking forward to the new series!

(Wonder if there will be any "call me, Maeby," jokes in the new series.)

It was 10, but they upped the order to 14 episodes. They will all be available at once so you can watch it straight through. Hurwitz claims watching them all togeather will be like watching one big giant episode where we'll see some of the same events but from differant angles or character perspectives. It was also designed with rewatchablity in mind like the original 3 seasons, meaning there will be "in jokes" we won't get until we rewatch it a 2nd time.

https://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidet...th-stair-car-and-adam-devine-appearances.html

One important thing Hurwitz said was that the individual episodes will have a very different feel from the original show. Because each one will be focusing on a single character, it won't be the same exact format as the first three seasons. He said the movie will be more of the big payoff, since it will be everyone fully interacting together.

I keep seeing people explain that this show was too smart.

This bit

[the show] was too dense to win a mass audience, its deeply flawed characters too unlikable, its layers of jokes too tightly packed for the casual viewer to penetrate

makes the show sound pretentious, and doesn't do it any favors.

Is it so hard to say it was just "funny"?? I like the show just fine, but I don't want to be made to feel like I'm some special person. This wasn't some 'hipster' show or something. . . a lot of the jokes were just dumb, stupid fun as evidenced by Gob's gif up above. I mean, the chicken dance?? You don't need a degree in rocket science to laugh at that.

Back