Anyone Ever Tried HydroSpan/HydroShrink? Possibility for new heads for Sideshows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here! I can't wait to see how folks get on with this stuff, and actually manage to enlarge a head successfully.

Do some Google image searches on this stuff-I found some neat pics. I have never cast anything so I don't want to start with this. I would bee neat to get a list of the heads we want and have one of our great artist here cast in HSpan and then recast in resin for us. Even if we end up paying 20/25per head at least we get some very wanted HS.

I have to ask Sue, what is the story behind the kiss on your avvy and sig???? PM me?

Oh thats just from the opening episode of the TV series 'Torchwood, where Jimmy boy played a guest role as Captain Jack's ex lover. The animated icon is taken from their first scene together, where they snog and fight, in that order! :lol :naughty :naughty

i'd like to give this a try but does anyone know where to buy the Hydrospan (enlarging) stuff at? only place i can find is like $70 for 3 quarts, which is way more than i'd like to start with. Dave where'd you buy yours?....

Has anyone tried to use this on weapons? Imagine the accessories and bases you could create.

How about heads? I think I am gonna try my hand at it next weekend. What do you guys usually use for making molds? any tips?

Has anyone been able to produce near bubble-free casts of head sculpts using Hydrospan? I've just attempted my second casting, pouring the urethane as thinly and slowly as I possibly could, yet there's still an aggregation of tiny bubbles throughout.

Back