A custom head for $ 15 ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, it is one of SSC's best headsculpts in all their lines, not just the Buffy/Angel license, even if it is slightly large. The bigger issue for me was the early Buck body. As James Marsters is listed as 5'9" the 12" body is a little too tall and much too buff, so to speak. I've reduced his height by 2 scale inches, but plan on trying a body swap, maybe to a Dragon.

That said, get the 12", but if you can swing it, definitely get the PF too. It's also one of the best likenesses on a PF. SS hit both scales out of the park.

I've reduced his height by 2 scale inches, but plan on trying a body swap, maybe to a Dragon.

Thats what I intend to do in the long run too. I also want to make a recast of the head to go with the reduced body size. Jimmy boys quite wee in real life, and so having him the same size as the Angel figure just looks so wrong. :lol

No, it seems any attempt to start a Buffy/Angel/Firefly commission falls flat. There just aren't enough of us.

Yes but we can also reach out to BTVS figs and Buffy Boards for interest. There were a lot of Buffy figures made. People bought them, and would likely buy more to finish the line.
IF they are good enough.

Sadly this is a very old thread, and I can't see anything been done now. :(

I'm still interested in a custom head from Ada or an other sculptor if the price is not superior to $ 15 ($ 10 would be better lol).
If it's Buffy, I want Anya and Tara
If it's Angel, I want Fred, Gunn and Wesley

They are in my top 5 of most wanted 12 inches figures.

But after that, I would be also interested in a new Willow (season 5 to 7), a new Faith (season 7), Cordelia (from Buffy), Dawn, human Drusilla (from Buffy), human Darla (from Angel), Illyria, Glory, Connor, Jenny, Joyce, Lilah, Lindsey, Harmony, Caleb, vampire Xander...

If you are really interested, let me know. We could try something for at least one head.

I'm still interested in a custom head from Ada or an other sculptor if the price is not superior to $ 15 ($ 10 would be better lol).
If it's Buffy, I want Anya and Tara
If it's Angel, I want Fred, Gunn and Wesley

They are in my top 5 of most wanted 12 inches figures.

But after that, I would be also interested in a new Willow (season 5 to 7), a new Faith (season 7), Cordelia (from Buffy), Dawn, human Drusilla (from Buffy), human Darla (from Angel), Illyria, Glory, Connor, Jenny, Joyce, Lilah, Lindsey, Harmony, Caleb, vampire Xander...

If you are really interested, let me know. We could try something for at least one head.

You might want to read this first.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61686

No one is going to do a decent custom head that is $15 or cheaper. Even Ada, who isn't the greatest, charges more than that.

yes, she charges more, but if we are enough to be ready to commit a custom head, the price is $ 15 for everybody.

But her sculpts are not good. She puts out maybe 1 out of 5 are good. Most are to small. I have a few and they are ruff.

Rough sculpts I can deal with, but undersized heads are another matter entirely. I can't stand customs with 'pin heads' on them.

If only she'd learnt about proper scale and how much a head shrinks in the casting process. :confused:

I'm feeling more optimistic these days. We used to have 4 awesome repainters in the custom section now we have at least twice that. Now we are starting to attract more sculptors as well. With Trevor and Tim working on Firefly sculpts I have high hopes different sculptors will look at this as an opportunity.

I would have to see it mounted on a body by a customer. Ada's sculpts are too hit and miss for me to chance it.

Back