A custom head for $ 15 ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUFFY2ANGEL4EVER

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello, few minutes ago, I was in the forum of the sculptor Ada. I discovered a thread where she offers for only $ 15 a custom head if we are at least 30 to commission the head. I think it could be a great deal.
Ada seems to be a great sculptor. I like a lot her Buffy head, it's just that I don't want particulary to have a new Buffy. She did also an other Buffyverse actor : Alyson Hannigan, the head is great (better than our sideshow Willow head) but the hair is not good for a Willow figure. But in the same time, I see that she offers also bald heads variants, so maybe she could do the same with AH sculpt, or better : do an other sculpted hair for this head.

So, I was thinking : maybe it's not that hard to find 29 other people to commission with me a head or more.

I would love to have for Buffy : Anya, Tara, human Drusilla, Cordelia, Dawn, Riley, Andrew, Jenny, Joyce, a new Willow (from season 5-7), a new Faith (from season 7), and maybe some villains like victorian human Darla, Caleb, Glory, Mayor Wilkins, Dark Willow...

I would love to have for Angel : Wesley, Gunn, Fred, Doyle, human Darla, Connor, Illyria, Lilah, Lindsey, Harmony...

I know that most of these characters, it would be hard to find 30 people to commission them, but for some like Anya, Tara, Fred or Gunn, it should not be that hard.

So, if you are interested, let a message in this thread, tell me what heads you would be ready to commission, and maybe we could find 30 guys and girls ready to order the same head project.

Here are the links to Ada's website and Ada's forum thread :

https://www.wantedactionfigure.com

[URL="https://www.wantedactionfigure.com/bbs/Topic.aspx?BoardID=2&TopicID=7&Page=1"]https://www.wantedactionfigure.com/bbs/Topic.aspx?BoardID=2&TopicID=7&Page=1

Eh, I'm not all that interested if it's Ada. Her sculpts are often not up to snuff and she's terrible to deal with.

I like the idea of commissioning Chris but we're going to be making a long waiting list with all the work he is piling up.

If you get a lot of people quickly, and they pay quickly, then it gets bumped head of some of the others, like the House head has.

There really aren't that many Buffy/Angel fans on this board, though. I would be surprised if we could get very many people at all.

havent we been trying to get a commission going for faith or anya forever and nobody had any interest?:dunno i think there is only about 5 buffy/angel fans on this board.

Honestly I think the Whedon fans here would be much better served if we attempt to commission Chris after the holidays. And even maybe closer to February when people have some extra cash. Right now there are hotter items people are trying for but if we wait for a lull, I think we will get more members on board.

Honestly I think the Whedon fans here would be much better served if we attempt to commission Chris after the holidays. And even maybe closer to February when people have some extra cash. Right now there are hotter items people are trying for but if we wait for a lull, I think we will get more members on board.

Agreed, and I'm broke. Do you have any idea how much crap there is to buy this season? I mean really sideshow. I love you, but you make me poor! Keep 'em comin'! :)

I agree with Anzik about the time frame to approach Chris and I agree with BuffyGirl about being broke right now... :lol :monkey3

If Chris Howes is commissioned for any Buffy/Angel character heads, I'd be in for it!

Oh, and like everyone else I am broke so I can wait until after Christmas is over.

I think one of the easiest heads to get commissioned would be a Nathan Fillion head, as I know many of us would want two (one for Mal, one for Caleb)

I'm still a fan, but I don't have the spare money to play with, and I'm at least satisfied with my Buffy/Angel figure collection. The only character I would want is actually Jenny Calendar at this point.

I've always been up for whatever commissions may take place. We need Fred to help fill out the Angel line and we need a much improved Faith. There are tons of heads but these two are at the top of the priorities list to me.

My top priorities are:
Wesley
Fred
Anya
Tara
Faith

Pretty much in that order. I missed out on Spenser's Wesley, and am kicking myself for that. Binky's Gunn is great, though. He's a great addition to my collection.

Im a big buffy fan but I agree abiut the timing. As much as I want a couple of them, like anya and a faith head. Christmas is killing me.

My favourite character of all time is spike, so is obviously my fav buffy character but i need you guys opinion on sideshows 1/6 headsculpt i though it looked pretty crappy and a bad figure overall so im trying to get my hands on a pf

The SSC Spike sculpt is fantastic, and easily one of their best. The only detractors are that the head is slightly large, and the shirt is short sleeve with no stripes.

Oh their Spike is a wonderful likeness. Yes, the head is a tad oversized, but If you've ever met James Marsters in real life you notice what a big old lollipop head he really does have. :lol

Back