Funko to make "Buffy" & "Firefly" POP! vinyls!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been wrong in the general sense a lot anyway. I suppose my ultimate wish list for Whedonverse figures would be Drusilla, Vampire Angel, Faith, Tara, Vampire Darla, Dawn, and the Mayor. Although Angel was the superior show a lot of the time, for some reason I never got so obsessively into the characters as I did with the Buffy gang (at least until I started hating them all from about season six onward.)

Oh yeah, and a Wishverse Buffy would be awesome too.

They do a vampire Angel and I will buy 2!

Angel is my favorite show and if they could give me an Illyria, man, I'm gonna buy 5. And if you think I wont, you're wrong. Cause I will. And by you, I mean you in the general sense.
So you officially like Angel more than Buffy now?

I really have to watch Angel again sometime. I loved the first and second seasons, but really got turned off when Connor came into the show.

Yeah...I caved too. It was the SDCC Buffy that did it. Specifically, it was SMG herself holding it up in photos on her twitter feed. It actually does evoke Buffy pretty well with the cuts and bruises on her face. Plus I found out they had an exclusive Wishverse Willow that looked cool...and the Gentleman looked good...and then the regular Willow was actually pretty cute...

Luckily I was able to stop there (never liked Spike much, don't care about Oz, and I'm waiting on a vampire version of Angel.) But if they hit me with a Drusilla I might buy two. And Tara would be nice too. And Faith...

The thing is, now that I've done some research, these Funko Pop Vinyls are cooler than I orginally thought. First, they're less than 4 inches tall, which means the lack of detail isn't anywhere near as big a deal as it looks in the photos we see online. And looking at different lines, Funko does a pretty good job "evoking" the spirit of characters in many cases (and sometimes they even have mouths.) The Trek set is pretty sweet and a I picked up a few--the Kirk, Spock and Klingon especially are great. I love Michael Myers and Sam from Trick R Treat in the horror line, and I picked up a couple of Apes from the classic Planet of the Apes. And Cortana from Halo. So...I guess I have a collection of these things now, but sometimes I like stuff that isn't strictly representational. And the price on these is right--about ten bucks a pop, so not a big money commitment (unless you want to hunt down a popular figure that sold out a long time ago and is now fetching ridiculous ebay prices--no thanks.)

So yeah, I was wrong about these. You know, crow tastes pretty decent with tomato sauce and parmesian cheese melted over it...
Glad you changed your mind about POPs. Some of them really look like the characters and they have some pretty inventive exclusives as well.

I would never go crazy and buy hundreds of them, like some people, but I have a few lines I pick and choose from.

Glad you changed your mind about POPs. Some of them really look like the characters and they have some pretty inventive exclusives as well.

I would never go crazy and buy hundreds of them, like some people, but I have a few lines I pick and choose from.

Yeah, I'm the same way. I've ordered about a dozen Pops so far. No way I'd ever have hundreds--I'm not a completist and only some of the lines really appeal to me. I'm keeping it to sci-fi and horror only with the Pops, as I have superheroes well covered with Hot Toys and a shelf full of my beloved old Megos. I can see myself eventually owning enough Pops to fill up a couple of bookshelves, but that's it. There are way too many interesting types of figure-based collectibles out there to focus on only one type. It would be nice though if, just once, I could discover one of these collectibles when they're just starting out, instead of constantly having to play catch up on ebay.

I really have to watch Angel again sometime. I loved the first and second seasons, but really got turned off when Connor came into the show.

Now? It's been like that for years with me.

Finally saw one of the Vampire Spike's in the flesh, but no chance in me buying it considering the store was charging $50 for it! Thankfully Hot Topic don't charge extra for their exclusives.

Found out HMV stores in Canada have a Buffy/Angel/Vampire Spike 3 pack available, so I ended up ordering one of those as I can't find a decent priced Vampire Spike in stores. Plus I haven't bought the regular Buffy or Angel yet, so it works out pretty good.

I really hope we hear about a second wave from this line because I think they've been really popular. There are a bunch of the True Blood 3 packs still in stores, but all the Buffy 3 packs had sold out, so I think they've been selling really well.

Really want to see a Giles, Xander, Vampire Angel, Anya and Faith in the next line at least.

I love both Buffy and Angel and each has their stellar and "meh" seasons. Connor was not a favorite of mine until Season 5 where he really grew up in his cameos. The "last day" scene with he and Angel in the school library is fantastic....

Got my Firefly pop's ordered. Great deal for those babies. Also the Kaylee ex from HT. Very exciting.

Received my Firefly pops. I'm in love. I'll post a photo today once I get their glass shelf up and them on it. :D

10906159_10152947921347247_8653788765672161176_n.jpg

BuffyGirl, those look so cool. I don't collect Firefly merch but those look too cute. I'm hoping for more Buffy POPs in the future. We SERIOUSLY need a Giles & Xander.

I wish we'd at least get a sneak into what they have planned next for both lines. I mean, this can't be it and I believe they will do the rest but a lot of times, when they release these things, they do an entire set at once. Mind you, things like Who Framed Roger Rabbit have a lot less characters to produce than Buffy/Angel/Firefly. I'm assuming that's why we're getting them in waves. A nice little peek would be fantastic and appreciated, though.

I wish they would do Angel. I know I've said that more than once but I'm just tired of Angel always getting the snub.

Last edited:
It was announced over on Funkofunatic.com that more Buffy characters will be released in POP! form at an upcoming Comic Con. Which Con wasn't revealed and the characters weren't either. I'm really wanting a Giles and Xander!!

Back