Completing the SSC Buffy 12" Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffy commissions

• Wesley

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Tara

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Anya

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Dawn

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Joyce

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Gunn

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Fred/Illyria

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Mayor

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Glory

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Darla

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters
Why you didn't finish this Spike ? It's a amazing head and body sculpt !

Oh just real life came along really. That and my various health problems.

Here's another WIP. A Fool for Love bust.

2721573791c0ae80769z.jpg

Well the work you did is excellent. You clearly have the talent needed.

Thank you so much, you're too kind. :)

Thanks guys. Yeah, I hope so too. I particularly want to finish the Punk Spike one as I wasn't a fan of the SS version.

I've also a a FFL William in the works which still needs a lot of work doing to it too. :lol

Here's the head of that Spike figure that I painted up.

3373819088f192a46b6fz.jpg

Last edited:
Well the work you did is excellent. You clearly have the talent needed.

sue, your work is clearly superior to the version released.. i am in awe.. you can always tell the work of a true spike jm fan! i like the dst version 6in spike so much better than the sideshow sadly.. don't know what happened there
:dunno
Oluf did such an amazing human spike.. can't figure out why he looks so odd.. semi human semi vamp to me..
can't wait to see your progress.. have at it woman!

Sadly Trevor will not be able to do any unlicensed Buffy sculpts due to the fact he works for Sideshow and they alone hold the license.

I'd already approached him about it a while back and he sadly had to decline for professional reasons.

Who is talking about unlicenced Buffy products?

We don't want sculpts of Wesely, Fred, and Faith. Naw; that would be illegal.

However Trevor should definatly do sculpts of Sandy Rivers from "How I Met Your Mother, Andrea Barr from "Supernatural", and Tru Davies from "Tru Calling".

We may never get Trevor to do Buffyverse products, but at least we can be happy with these other classic tv characters.

However Trevor should definatly do sculpts of Sandy Rivers from "How I Met Your Mother, Andrea Barr from "Supernatural", and Tru Davies from "Tru Calling".

Really? :dunno

Who is talking about unlicenced Buffy products?

We don't want sculpts of Wesely, Fred, and Faith. Naw; that would be illegal.

We may never get Trevor to do Buffyverse products, but at least we can be happy with these other classic tv characters.

You know what...now THAT'S an idea! I hadn't thought of that.

we could just refer to them as sculpts from Dollhouse. wasn't Dushku and Acker on that show too? i think Tara was on Supernatural too. can't remember the actress name sorry.

Maybe you don't get what im saying.

Sandy:
275042_1248758664039_full.jpg

Andrea Barr:
supernatural103_r2-2.jpg

Tru Davies:
TruCalling.jpg

Nice idea, but I still don't think it would work really. I think it would be dangerously close to crossing the line for Trev sadly as It'd be obvious whats really going on. But you could PM and ask him though.

Not really.

A Dollhouse line could give us Eliza Dushku and Amy Acker, and that seems like a natural followup to the Firefly line.
There also might be interest in a Supernatural line, which could give us Amber Benson.
Granted a "How I Met Your Mother" line is pushing credibility, but enough people here seem to want Alex.

As long as it is not specifically labeled as a Buffy line, legally there is nothing that can be done, even if it is obvious that a large number of people are using it for an "offbrand" project. The same way that it is legal to sell drug paraphenalia in the US, so long as you put a sign next to it saying "For Tobacco Use Only".

The same thing happened in a Kato thread where Showtime offered a cease and desist notice to Kato for selling a Dexter outfit. Kato mearly changed the title to say he was offering an "American Apparel thermal henly and cargo pants" and Showtime had no other option than to stick the C&D up thier Hellmouth, even though it was pretty baltent that everyone was only using it for Dexter customs.

Its the same thing here. As long as the actors themselves don't issue a C&D, there is nothing that Showtime can do since they only own the rights to the characters.

Last edited:
Well I'm up for it. Anyone fancy PMing the sculptor in question then? :)

Won't they "catch" us if we make them have "Wesley season 4 hair and facial hair" or "Illyria hair"?

Can't really say I would be up to buying a "Sandy River" head with his hair-do.

Also, if Trevor says yes, he might be pissing off FOX, and in turn, his own bosses. Career wise, I doubt it would be a smart move. No harm in asking, but I won't be that hopeful.

i'm honestly only interested in a new Faith head. Eliza Dushku has been in a few roles since Buffy. her look doesn't change much. hopefully someone can work around the red tape on that one. i'm really not interested in any of the other characters mentioned. i have a wesley and gunn. fred would be ok to complete the angel line. Illyria looks cool, but the character wasn't allowed to develop enough for me to want a figure of her. plus the outfit would be impossible to bash.

I've spoken to Trev about this before, and I can bring it up to him again. But honestly, as his friend, I wouldn't want him to do anything that would have ssc upset with him. So I am sure he'll have to turn us down.

Back