Angel Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pics of Angel Statue EX #155/250

BuffyTheVampireSlayer-AngelStatue3.jpg

BuffyTheVampireSlayer-AngelStatue5.jpg

BuffyTheVampireSlayer-AngelStatue4.jpg

And here is a group shot of all the gang.

BuffyTheVampireSlayerGroupShots2.jpg

IMG_4056.JPG

What a happy family I have!! :wink1:

I may have to get the regular Spike and Faith now, since I cancelled those earlier this year. Sigh.... :slap

Just got word that my Angel EX arrived at home! Can't wait to leave work and go see him!

My (chosen) collection is almost complete! :D

So my Angel arrived! I gotta say- he's perfect! I got #136. Both the heads look great. The gargoyle is flush with the base. Only thing is... there's something rattling inside the base. Um. Yeah, not really sure what that is. Also, Angel himself doesn't stand completely straight, he kinda leans to the left a little. Or maybe my house is slanted? lol. But other than that, he's perfect. A definite keep! I'll post pics tomorrow.

So my Angel arrived! I gotta say- he's perfect! I got #136. Both the heads look great. The gargoyle is flush with the base. Only thing is... there's something rattling inside the base. Um. Yeah, not really sure what that is. Also, Angel himself doesn't stand completely straight, he kinda leans to the left a little. Or maybe my house is slanted? lol. But other than that, he's perfect. A definite keep! I'll post pics tomorrow.

Ok, here are a few quick pics I just snapped.

I was surprised the base didn't say "Exclusive" on it like most SS EX's do.

42f72c71.jpg

8e7d14da.jpg

e43eba7e.jpg

4267d2c3.jpg

4fb32071.jpg

02f6f54b.jpg

0e732e51.jpg

So there he is! Mr. Broody himself! Overall I'm very happy with it, and I'm *EXTREMELY* happy that my waitlist converted cause I love the gameface!

There's still the mystery of the rattling inside the base. Sounds like the bottom of one of the pegholes might have popped off in there? Idk. Then there's the slight lean to the left. And of course, he's kind facing down, wish he'd been looking a little more up to see his face better. But aside from that- he's great!

Now, to find a Buffy on the throne... :gah::thud: Unless Sideshow completely AMAZES us and releases a new/better version of her! :yess: Although I doubt that's happening. This might be the end of the line, folks. Which if it is, it's been a good run.

Looking good there Xaryen, glad you got a good one :)

I decided to let my flexpay continue, had other expenses over the last month and still need to organize to fit Angel in somewhere.

Looking good there Xaryen, glad you got a good one :)

I decided to let my flexpay continue, had other expenses over the last month and still need to organize to fit Angel in somewhere.
I'm letting flexpay ride on out, too. I'm in the same boat as you with other expenses.

Yeah, this isn't working. Trouble is, I can't see how this could possibly work. I got it down into the peg as far as it would go (struggled with it, even), there's no gap between the gargoyle's torso and the base, and yet it hovers!

To prove I'm not grossly incompetent:

IMG_4178.jpg

See? No gap. Then turn it to the front...

IMG_4177.jpg

I feel a little nuts.

Also, when Angel is in there without the gargoyle, he's leaning forward at a crazy angle. This can't be right. Is anyone else having issues?

Sigh.

Other thoughts:

Finish work is definitely sloppy, especially on the human head. Notice the polystone flash under the human right nostril, the missing outer end of the left eyebrow, and the flesh tone wash into the sloppy hairline. It's just a little better done than Faith I think.

So i had a closer look at my angel last night, and i have the same issue, gargoyle is pushed in all the way on the base, but he is not sitting flush with the top edge of the base. Is anyones elses like this?
Not sure which piece to ask sideshow to replace, the base, the gargoyle?
Dont know which one is not manufactured correctly? :gah:

Sideshow replaced just my gargoyle. They did so pretty quickly, too, so again, great customer service. The replacement still hovers, but the gap is significantly less (now the left arm just hovers by a couple of millimeters, while the right is about 1 mm). I compared the two, and the original one had a lot of excess polystone flash on the nub that I think was preventing it from going down all the way in the front, even though the back seemed tight, if you get what I mean. The original was going in crooked, so it really was defective. I knew the new one was better right away because I didn't have to put superhuman pressure on the gargoyle to get it in the slot, and pulling it out didn't leave me wheezing for breath. I mean, it took a little pushing on the new one to get it in the slot, but significantly less on the original, when I was actually leaning down HARD with my weight to get it in. If your gargoyle goes in and out fairly easily then you actually might be okay, and the gap is by design.

I do have to say the production statue seems to have changed the angles of the original a little. I don't see the crazy lean on the prototype that my statue has. What's more, the crazy lean is taking away some of Angel's precious height. He is already on the short side, this could've been helped by making him stand upright. there is no way he should be the same height as Faith even if he is about to topple over.

Faith is cleary too big, the scale is off with her, as well as Willow and Buffy, but you can't tell with Buffy because she's sitting in a chair.

I think Angel is best suited next to Spike because he's crouching, so they seem more in scale.

Back