Angel Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a replacement gargoyle from SS. And wouldnt you know it, the replacement was WORSE than the original.
it didnt even fit into the base.
Contacted SS and let them know, they couldnt do anything further.
So i just binned the replacement gargoyle and am now stuck with the original which didnt fit. :(

That's pretty crappy. Some of the castings must be off for there to be such a problem with fitting the Gargoyle into the base.

Mine should be arriving this week at some stage, so we'll see if mine has the same issue.

That's pretty crappy. Some of the castings must be off for there to be such a problem with fitting the Gargoyle into the base.

Mine should be arriving this week at some stage, so we'll see if mine has the same issue.

Yep, let us know how you go.

So my Angel arrived number 116/250 and it also has the same issue with the hovering Gargoyle. Mine hovers that much I reckon you could fit a giant penguin in between lol. I'm not really that fussed though, I really like the statue and the likeness to DB is great imho. Now I just have to reorganise the shelf to where I want to place them all.

So my Angel arrived number 116/250 and it also has the same issue with the hovering Gargoyle. Mine hovers that much I reckon you could fit a giant penguin in between lol. I'm not really that fussed though, I really like the statue and the likeness to DB is great imho. Now I just have to reorganise the shelf to where I want to place them all.

Well that sucks. I hate to gear that.

Got my Angel Exc today! Fortunately I do not have the hovering problem that so many have had with the Gargoyle. The face sculpts are so much better in person than in pictures!

If anybody is looking for a ex, I'm selling mine for what it cost me plus shipping to u if interested... Just want my money back :)

If anybody is looking for a ex, I'm selling mine for what it cost me plus shipping to u if interested... Just want my money back :)

Ah, wow! People, get on this. As long as it isn't those people who want to re-sell and make money.
:monkey4

Hey guys! So I got the Angel Statue for my birthday today :)yess:) but I have a two questions.

First...

What I originally thought was a really screwed up looking "9" is actually a "P". The statue is numbered P8/500. I'm assuming the P stands for "Proof"?

Also, Angel's head is not removable. Normally when I get Sideshow statues that have a switch out exclusive head, even the regular's head is removable. Since he's all one piece, I'm wondering is this normal for the regular? Or is this because he might be an Artist Proof?

Any help would be great guys! He's an awesome piece, so happy to have him in my collection. Just need to order Spike (will probably get him with my birthday cash!) and wait for a good deal on Buffy to complete the line.

-Ryan

Hey guys! So I got the Angel Statue for my birthday today :)yess:) but I have a two questions.

First...

What I originally thought was a really screwed up looking "9" is actually a "P". The statue is numbered P8/500. I'm assuming the P stands for "Proof"?

Also, Angel's head is not removable. Normally when I get Sideshow statues that have a switch out exclusive head, even the regular's head is removable. Since he's all one piece, I'm wondering is this normal for the regular? Or is this because he might be an Artist Proof?

Any help would be great guys! He's an awesome piece, so happy to have him in my collection. Just need to order Spike (will probably get him with my birthday cash!) and wait for a good deal on Buffy to complete the line.

-Ryan

Congrats on the awesome gift! :rock Off all of the pieces from this line, this is the only one I have on display at the moment. I still love it.

To answer your question about the head, I'll be honest in that I'm not sure. I tried looking for an answer in this thread, but I believe the head on the regular editions are stationary, contrary to the exclusives because of the switch-out option.

As for the question about it being an AP (artist proof,) normally the base will be labeled 'AP/500' or 'Artist Proof.' Knowing Sideshow's handwriting on the bases, I'm willing to bet that it's as you originally suspected, a screwed up '9.' I have quite a few pieces, where to this day, I still can't tell what number it is. :lol

How do you think it compares to the others in the line, in your opinion? I think you'll really get a kick out of Spike. As much as I like Angel, I think Spike may be that much better. And oddly enough, while some will argue the vision is skewed, I really like Willow, especially with all of the detail on the base and the accessories.

Hope this helps. (And happy birthday.)

That is weird. I'm pretty sure all the heads are removable in case you need a replacement. I have both the ex versions of Angel and Spike, so I'm not 100% sure if the regular version has a removable head, but I would have thought so.

That is weird. I'm pretty sure all the heads are removable in case you need a replacement. I have both the ex versions of Angel and Spike, so I'm not 100% sure if the regular version has a removable head, but I would have thought so.

I don't think the Angel and Spike heads on the regular editions of the PFs were detachable either, were they?

Congrats on the awesome gift! :rock Off all of the pieces from this line, this is the only one I have on display at the moment. I still love it.

To answer your question about the head, I'll be honest in that I'm not sure. I tried looking for an answer in this thread, but I believe the head on the regular editions are stationary, contrary to the exclusives because of the switch-out option.

As for the question about it being an AP (artist proof,) normally the base will be labeled 'AP/500' or 'Artist Proof.' Knowing Sideshow's handwriting on the bases, I'm willing to bet that it's as you originally suspected, a screwed up '9.' I have quite a few pieces, where to this day, I still can't tell what number it is. :lol

How do you think it compares to the others in the line, in your opinion? I think you'll really get a kick out of Spike. As much as I like Angel, I think Spike may be that much better. And oddly enough, while some will argue the vision is skewed, I really like Willow, especially with all of the detail on the base and the accessories.

Hope this helps. (And happy birthday.)

Thanks for the info, that helps a lot. I just went back and took a second look at the number/letter, and I'm honestly pretty sure it's a "P8/500". I'll attach some pics and you can let me know what you think.

As far as this piece compared to the others in the line... it's honestly hard to pick a favorite. I have an attachment to Faith, Willow and Angel all for different reasons. And Angel, tbh, only recently grew on me as a character. I have always been a Buffy fan, but never got into Angel, and just recently I watched the entire Angel series from start to finish and read After The Fall. It changed my entire perspective on the character and I gained a whole new respect for him.

I can't wait to get the other two pieces, I'll make sure to post a group shot once I've got the whole set.

Thanks for taking the time to respond man, appreciate it. :1-1:

Thanks for the info, that helps a lot. I just went back and took a second look at the number/letter, and I'm honestly pretty sure it's a "P8/500". I'll attach some pics and you can let me know what you think.

As far as this piece compared to the others in the line... it's honestly hard to pick a favorite. I have an attachment to Faith, Willow and Angel all for different reasons. And Angel, tbh, only recently grew on me as a character. I have always been a Buffy fan, but never got into Angel, and just recently I watched the entire Angel series from start to finish and read After The Fall. It changed my entire perspective on the character and I gained a whole new respect for him.

I can't wait to get the other two pieces, I'll make sure to post a group shot once I've got the whole set.

Thanks for taking the time to respond man, appreciate it. :1-1:

Wow. Those pics are interesting. Seeing the pic of the base made me think it was an unfinished '8,' but it's almost identical in every pic on the box and shipper. You'd think if it was an '8,' one of them would be written 'better' and heck, even the second '8' in every case is perfect. I can appreciate what you're saying now. I've never heard of anything being numbered 'Px/xxx' though. As much as I'd like to say it's just REALLY slopping writing, I don't know now. Hopefully, someone else can shed some light on it.

Awesome group pic, BTW. This pieces really compliments each other when all together. I was really impressed with the quality of this line, and it really held up, even with the latter releases.

As for Angel, most definitely an awesome character. :rock And I've said this before, but I even dare say, as a series, I think Angel had a stronger run than Buffy and I'm a die-hard Buffy fan. All-in-all, both shows were stand-outs, still to this day. Funny enough, I watch more re-runs of these shows then I do most of what's on television nowadays. If it weren't for Supernatural, I'd probably have no reason for cable. So many good memories from these shows.

I think it might be a 9, but geez, somebody can't write very well :lol I Just checked out the 4 I have incase I had a number with a 9, but none of mine are.

I guess I know nothing about the head situation :lol Anyone else have a regular that would know if the head is detachable or not? I have the Faith Reg and the hand/crossbow is detachable like it is with the ex version, so I was assuming the same for the Angel and Spike head versions.

I think it might be a 9, but geez, somebody can't write very well :lol I Just checked out the 4 I have incase I had a number with a 9, but none of mine are.

I guess I know nothing about the head situation :lol Anyone else have a regular that would know if the head is detachable or not? I have the Faith Reg and the hand/crossbow is detachable like it is with the ex version, so I was assuming the same for the Angel and Spike head versions.

It's just weird how they drew the '9' backwards. That's what throws me.

Hard to tell. If I were you I'd email Sideshow and ask them to identify what it is.

Hard to tell. If I were you I'd email Sideshow and ask them to identify what it is.

They might be able to lay to rest the whole 'P8' (possible artist proof theory). I've never heard of such a thing, but who knows.

I don't see anyone being able to definitely say what number that is though. :lol

Back