Angel Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Faith is cleary too big, the scale is off with her, as well as Willow and Buffy, but you can't tell with Buffy because she's sitting in a chair.

I think Angel is best suited next to Spike because he's crouching, so they seem more in scale.

Now that I have my whole Angel, I see that yes indeed, he is in smaller scale than the women. If you compare just his head to Buffy's, you can see it right away. This is too bad, I wanted to put him next to Buffy since she's sitting and you shouldn't be able to tell he's on the small side. I don't want to put him next to Spike. For some reason, I think Faith should be next to Angel, but that's no good with them being so out of scale next to each other. Ultimately they might all end up on different shelves in a narrow case.

I haven't got my Angel yet, but I'll be putting him on a higher shelf as he is leaning down and appears to be standing on top of a building. I'm also putting Spike on a higher shelf, as he's also looking down, but I'll have him separate to Angel. Buffy and Faith can be on the same level. I don't have Willow, so that's one less to sort out.

My Angel came today!

Am pretty happy overall. The paint app is really good, sculpt came out nice with no defects, chips and all the pegs go all the way in and everything sits flush (the gargoyles arms are a little raised off the side of the base by a few mm though, despite the peg going all the way down, but this seemed to be a common issue).

For me, the likeness to Angel/David is not spot-on at all in the face though. It's not too bad (better than Buffy) but I think the best likeness is Spike for sure out of the whole range. Followed by Faith, Willow, Angel and then Buffy last :thud: I really think they messed up something with Buffy's face and the hair is attrocious.

The slight lean forward I really like. It's like he's on the rooftop of a building leaning over. The height/scaling is off. He is only marginally taller than Willow's total height and he is elevated even more off the base :slap

All in all though, am a pretty happy camper considering Sideshow's recent QC issues of late. Terrible you have to say that when you're paying this much for collectibles. The whole line looks good. I only wish they would do a new Buffy - off the fictitious throne and perhaps in a fighting/battle stance.. with a better face... and hair :p

My final flexpay payment goes through this week :)

Sad to say goodbye to the Buffy line, now there's nothing on the horizon at all from SS for me.

Goodluck aquiring them :)

I remember when one of the Tesla's from the show was sold at auction a couple of years ago, I think it went for over 4K - bit out of my price range :)

I'd love it if they did a Claudia pimped up Farnsworth :)

Goodluck aquiring them :)

I remember when one of the Tesla's from the show was sold at auction a couple of years ago, I think it went for over 4K - bit out of my price range :)

I'd love it if they did a Claudia pimped up Farnsworth :)

I have a good feeling I'll acquire the Tesla within the next little bit here. After that, the Farnsworth is on my radar.

One of the original Tesla's from the show sold for 4K, the replica is 1200 :lol:

I'd buy one too if I didn't get slugged GST and custom fees!

Yeah, this isn't working. Trouble is, I can't see how this could possibly work. I got it down into the peg as far as it would go (struggled with it, even), there's no gap between the gargoyle's torso and the base, and yet it hovers!

To prove I'm not grossly incompetent:

IMG_4178.jpg

See? No gap. Then turn it to the front...

IMG_4177.jpg

I feel a little nuts.

Well, i'm sad to say my Angel Ex came with same issues on gargoyle and base like yours. It was a nightmare to put the gargoyle on base and yet there is a huge gap between the torso and base :gah:

But i really liked the statue, i think Angel and Spike are the best of them. Is there no way to SS release the others characters?

I'm very happy cause i finally got the Buffy PF regular, after years trying to win ebay's auctions :yess:

Got a replacement gargoyle from SS. And wouldnt you know it, the replacement was WORSE than the original.
it didnt even fit into the base.
Contacted SS and let them know, they couldnt do anything further.
So i just binned the replacement gargoyle and am now stuck with the original which didnt fit. :(

Back