Angel Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. Even though I swore I would dress him with his human face, looks like that wont happen. Vamp face all the way. Pics to come Monday night.

Great pics. I should be getting mine today.

I like this statue, I love the gargoyle. I only wish they had done Angel from the first season of Buffy. He was yummy in that season.

Skytteflickan88 is right, Angel's human face looks like a korean on some angles

I paid 430.75 $ to own the exclusive version, I hope those defaults will not be too noticeable, the promo pictures were so great... I should receive it next week, I can't wait :pray:

(I hope my English is not bad :eek:)

Last edited:
Oh don't worry, your english is excellent. :)

I share your concerns. I wonder If It's the paint job/casting process that hinders things, as Trevs sculpt is perfect.

Hmmmm I was holding out and just going to buy the regular from a reseller here in Australia that I often use, but looking at these pics I really dig the vampire portrait on the exclusive! I wonder if I ordered it now the wait list would convert :-/?

Thanks Darklord Dave for your review and pictures!
He looks really awesome

We received him today and he will be display with his vamp face ..for now

_6046097.jpg

_6046096.jpg

_6046076.jpg

_6046079.jpg

_6046086.jpg

_6046069.jpg

_6046070.jpg

_6046064.jpg

_6046081.jpg

_6046093.jpg

I had completely forgotten he was coming today. I don't think I'll take many photos of them. But I will be happy to get a group shot up today.

I'm officially underwhelmed by this statue. Don't get me wrong, your pictures are awesome, Baelsan, but I don't think he looks what we paid for him. I don't like the paint apps and I kind of hate the coat floating effect. I think it looks artificial and poorly executed, like the back and the floating part of the jacket don't belong with each other. I don't know. I hope I change my mind when I see this in person tomorrow, but so far, I'm disappointed.

Thanks sueworld ! :)

@Baelsan: Love the 4 statues displayed together

Finally I'm happy to have bought the exclusive version as the vampire face is far better

Last edited:
I'm officially underwhelmed by this statue. Don't get me wrong, your pictures are awesome, Baelsan, but I don't think he looks what we paid for him. I don't like the paint apps and I kind of hate the coat floating effect. I think it looks artificial and poorly executed, like the back and the floating part of the jacket don't belong with each other. I don't know. I hope I change my mind when I see this in person tomorrow, but so far, I'm disappointed.

I am definitely underwhelmed by the paint app on those photos. Oof. Not beautiful. But I will wait till I have him in hand before I give any further opinions.

Thanks for the close up shots. Seems the paint is absorbing the light and flattening some of the detail on the heads. I expect they'll look better in person.

OTOH, he looks too short, especially lined up next to the others. Body looks small in relation to his head. This is the hazard of having more than one artist on a single piece.

Also have to say, I'm not a fan of the logo. They should've stayed with the title logo from his show.

Getting mine Wednesday. Got a good discount with rewards points so it's worth what I spent even with the flaws.

Yeah, I agree I do think the head is too big for his body, and the paint is hindering the sculpt somewhat sadly.

Although If I had the money I'd still get him. :lol

He's on a base higher than Faith's, yet he looks almost as tall as her. I'll be doing some measuring when he arrives.

Back