Angel Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
today.. (hope that one wasn't posted before)

reveal-14.jpg

Oooh, very nice. Where was this posted then?

*ETA* Ah just spotted on their site. Looking forward to seeing the full image asap. :D

Last edited:
I'm pretty underwhelmed and a bit disappointed in that to be honest. I'll wait for more pics, but...yeah.

Awesome ive wanted a David Hassellhoff statue for years, exclusive should come with a piece of the berlin wall and a microphone.

Well, I saw it unpainted and so far, the paint has taken away from it. I guess I will need more shots. I'll still order it, but at this time I'm not wowed. That of course could be due to the lighting, paint, and angle of the shot. So I don't wish to grade it too low at the moment. Just that I'm not wowed...yet.

Well, I saw it unpainted and so far, the paint has taken away from it. I guess I will need more shots. I'll still order it, but at this time I'm not wowed. That of course could be due to the lighting, paint, and angle of the shot. So I don't wish to grade it too low at the moment. Just that I'm not wowed...yet.

100% have to disagree with you BG. The paint looks awesome on this thing.

I'm not impressed either. Looks boring and the likeness is somewhat off. I'll still be pre-ordering, because I am a completist. But what a disappointment...

I'll also wait to see other shots and the complete statue. It looks like Angel is on top of something. Could it be the dragon?

Last edited:
would have liked to see its vampire teeth pose with demonic eyes

100% have to disagree with you BG. The paint looks awesome on this thing.

I guess when you've seen it 'naked' like I have...you feel differently.
Don't get me wrong. I think it will end up looking amazing. I just need more shots before I can say anything.

Last edited:
why is he always just standing? i understand he's a broody fellah, but at least pose Angel once in a while. I didn't expect him to pop a squat because that's the pose Spike is in.. but deviate from a boring standing pose. maybe an in-air jumping action shot? or brandishing some weapons? but arms crossed is a bit plain.

can't wait for some more pics.

Yeah, I agree. He's got his foot on a gargoyle, you can see the wings. But maybe if he was holding weapons or something, that would have been cool. The pf he had his hands behind his back, this one he has them crossed. I dunno. I don't want to say bad things. :( It's tough. Again, I will order no matter what. But I guess with how great the base is on this one, I would have hoped for something other than arms crossed.

Vamp face to come. Woot.

Ordinarily I'd say that regardless of what you think of the likeness, the vamp face switch out head could probably save this piece for you if you're a fan, but I can't see how a vamped out head will even work very well with the pose chosen here, so...

Why isn't he in a bra top?

Well considering how the women in this line were portrayed I'm waiting to hear about the arsless chaps version for both his and Spikes figures. :rotfl

I think It's a good likeness from what I can see of it so far, but as many have said I'm still not sure about the pose. Not that I can afford to get him of course.

I'm just saying, if I'm giving my right arm for this piece, i'd like a pose that makes it worth it. It's not worth the cost when the piece is so dull looking. I'm not saying this sculpt isnt nice. The head sculpt looks great. Good paint job and all... my beef is just his pose. Sideshow needs to get a little more creative with their pieces.

Yes, we'll be buying this regardless, because it's angel, and we're completists of this line... but gee, can we jazz it up a bit? I'd be cool with the standing, just as long as Angel was doing a cool looking upper body move with weapons or something. Alas, he is not

Just seen the photo on the Sideshow web site.

Looks a real improvement on the last few attempts. Please remember these statues always look better in the flesh, than on the photos.

I am going to order this Angel statue for sure.
animal-smiley-051.gif

I guess I am one of the few completely cool with this piece. This is everything I would want from Angel cause it represents his character perfectly.

I'm with you Sexy. I didn't care for the Spike pose, but this pose is perfect on Angel. I am far more than pleasantly surprised by the overall feel of this piece. I was planning on not wanting Angel, but Sideshow did a great job conceiving this one. I'm reconsidering big time.

I even think a vamp head will look great on this pose since Angelus was such a cocky bastard.

It has to have a vampire head! Maybe with a smirk. Then I can imagine that it's a Angelus statue, not a Angel statue, and that will make this piece more awesome.

I already think it's good, but I wonder if the pose isn't too dull. But it's better than the PF, and rather too dull than to "exciting". Actually, I take that back. I really wanted slutty Angel.

I hope, when we seem more, it doesn't look as if he's actually striking a pose, as is hinted in this image. Attitude is good, but not too much.

Back