All-Time BEST 1/6th Figure so far

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't display Nicholson without the hat anyway, but the hair was a miss and still bugs me even though I don't see it. :lol

Whoa, now I'm even more confused.

I thought Robo was blue/purple metallic (kind of) in the movies... but that one seems the least popular. The chair and BD are both silver, which looks wrong to me.

a-dev, straighten me out. What's the fast skinny on the three?

I think your confusion with the armor stems from the slightly different designs from Robocop vs Robocop 2. In the original film, his armor is silver (or as they say, "titanium laminated with Kevlar." The second film is where he sports the new armor with a metallic blue tinge and a more rounded helmet. I actually think his armor in the second movie looks better, even though the film blows. Anyway, there's a thread on here where some dude was offering repaints of the armor to give it the metallic blue. Aesthetically, it looks WAY better.

That I've seen in person, probably DX Jack Sparrow. I no longer own it, and I'm not a fan of those films, but just a stunning figure. Sculpt, clothing, the accessories, all of it were fantastic. Another one that may get lost in the shuffle is Avengers Hulk. Pretty basic, but visually I don't recall any noteworthy criticisms of the sculpt, or anything else really.

its so hard to pick just one as there have been so many that are dead on!

which pisses me off when i see piss poor sculpts when you see what they are capable of doing w/ the right effort put in!

There are so many great ones! However, if we're judging as to what looks the most like a shrunk down person, and not a toy, unfortunately Avengers Hulk would be out (mostly due to the visible shoulder joints), and the Keaton Batmen which look fantastic, would be out due to their capes. As good as DX Sparrow looks, my vote would be for BD Robocop. I don't own it myself, but it really is stunning in hand and in pics...

I can see why the Jack Sparrow figure ranks so high, judging from pics it is eerily accurate. I just couldn't care less about Depp, Sparrow or anything POTC related to ever buy it. I'm jealous some of the characters I love aren't done with the same attention to detail. :lol

I have the part Die cast clean Robocop and love that figure, him being slightly the wrong colour never bothers me honestly. Haven't got the BD version, it does look incredibly lifelike. Have to try and pick that up when I get the chance.

Still sticking with DX13 as my choice.

I have all the DXs and my Fav' used to be the DX11, but my vote goes on Sparrow too.

I'm gonna go ahead and say Hot Toys Godfather!

I've never bought a piece that has such class! The Box, the extra's the chair :lecture

2nd vote defiantly goes to DX06 Sparrow - As for as DX goes this thing is outstanding and I cannot find a single fault! :eek:

This is like choosing between children but I probably have to go with....

Battle Damaged Robocop...when you see pictures, good or bad, they all look like movie stills and on my shelf I feel like I am literally looking at a real person!

Love my DX08 but he is on the next shelf over and all eyes gravitate to Murphy in my collectibles room.

First Runner Up:

Blitzway: Carlito's Way

Second Runner Up:

Hot Toys: DX11...the laughing head sculpt is something else...I have actually never displayed him with the other head sculpt.

I want to add a third runner up...'66 Batman...if you have not seen this in person you should know that the head sculpt is superb!

A couple observations reading through this thread...

Despite it not being my favorite movie from the 80's I think I screwed up not picking up the BD robocop set. I may need to correct that as it can still be had for a reasonable price.

Also I remember the DX releases catching their fair share of hell here on the forums, yet most collectors, myself included seem to generally view them as the pinnacle of 1/6 even to this day.

A couple observations reading through this thread...

Despite it not being my favorite movie from the 80's I think I screwed up not picking up the BD robocop set. I may need to correct that as it can still be had for a reasonable price.

Also I remember the DX releases catching their fair share of hell here on the forums, yet most collectors, myself included seem to generally view them as the pinnacle of 1/6 even to this day.

I have DX07, 08, 09, 11, 12, and 14 and consider these pieces to be some of the cream of the crop of my collection...from the foam in the boxes, the size and design of the boxes, to the figures and accessories I love these pieces. I think a lot of people are critical of the PERS but I have never touched it, never intend to so it makes no difference to me. Also the BD Robocop set is a must have. We spend a lot of time discussing the Robocop but the Murphy is awesome too...a gun spinning hand!!!! Too awesome!

I look at this list and I'm like...
1b4e8ddb81cd263fdda183d5d0b84a0c.jpg

And where's this guy?
eb8efeaa08ab428759094a1b7515d343.jpg

I love the HT Jack Sparrow figure but to me there has always been something a little off with the head sculpt. One of those where you can tell who the character is but it isn't 100% Johnny Depp.
For my top picks I would have to go with:
Adam West Batman
Nicholson Joker
Chris Reeve Superman

Haven't gone through the thread but I really hope someone's brought up the perfection that is the Hot Toys Angelica. I'm not sure they'll ever top that. Tonto is a pretty close second though.

Back