All-Time BEST 1/6th Figure so far

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like Jack Sparrow is still the champ... after all these years.

But surprisingly Robocop may be getting runner up. Would be a nice change from Ledger Joker.

I have to agree with DiFabs -- I forgot about Nicholson's hair made flat for the hat.

There's a consistent theme here: DXs.

DX Sparrow
DX Ledger Joker
DX T-800
and Robocop.

I'll do a count after a few more posts. But clearly its one of the four above.

Amazing that HT lost its nice sharp sculpts.... maybe a lot of work goes to a faster factory or HT "upgraded" their plastics to dry faster so we end up with soft sculpts now most of the time.

Too much product.

I have to agree with DiFabs -- I forgot about Nicholson's hair made flat for the hat.

If the Nicholson Joker looked like The Fiend's modification/repainted that Skiman did for him, it would probably be tops. I'm super jealous of that thing.

My vote is for Battle damaged Robocop followed by Nicholson Joker. Honorary mention of DX13 Battle damaged terminator

I don't have, nor have had, many of the ones listed in this thread, so I can't comment on them. However, the figure that I have had that was the most realistic and closest to the source IMHO was the Hot Toys Godfather Don Corleone. It felt like a movie scene on my shelf when I had that figure.

DX sparrow is pretty perfect, all though wished they released the proto second sculpt, top 3 is solid cant argue.

OK, score so far:

1st place: DX Jack Sparrow = 12 votes

2nd place: Robocop (BD) = 8 votes

3rd place: DX Ledger Joker = 5 votes

4th place: DX T2 T-800 (BD) = 4 votes

In nearly every post, someone has mentioned at least one of the 4, and some have mentioned 2-3 of them. Clearly these four figures are Hot Toys' BEST work. Yes, I used that word again: "Best".

If you collect to have the best, then you really should have these figures in your collection. I have them all except Robocop, and I'm beginning to think I made a mistake not getting him.

Last edited:
I think The Skull makes the best case for Battle Damaged Robocop. Usually there's almost always something you can tweak to improve a factory 1/6 scale, especially with a portrait. But I wouldn't TOUCH that one. It looks like a master custom out of the box.

Very nice :winner

But there were TWO version of Robocop, right?

There was the "blue" metallic one with the gritted teeth -- was that a solo figure?

And then there was the BD one -- that was "silver" -- that came with regular Murphy. Is that correct?

But there were TWO version of Robocop, right?

There was the "blue" metallic one with the gritted teeth -- was that a solo figure?

And then there was the BD one -- that was "silver" -- that came with regular Murphy. Is that correct?

4 separate releases (though we only have 3 threads):

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...4-1-6th-scale-robocop-collectible-figure.html
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ocop-collectible-figure-mechanical-chair.html
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-ver-alex-murphy-collectible-figures-set.html

*sigh* k the pics aren't working in the last one, but it's the helmetless BD figure, available by itself or with the human Alex Murphy figure.

Last edited:

Whoa, now I'm even more confused.

I thought Robo was blue/purple metallic (kind of) in the movies... but that one seems the least popular. The chair and BD are both silver, which looks wrong to me.

a-dev, straighten me out. What's the fast skinny on the three?

Out of the figures I've seen in hand, I'm going to go with the HT MoS Jor-El. Spot on, unmistakable likeness to Russell Crowe.

So hard to pick just one...

For me in my stash... it's a tie between these two guys:

Both in pics look like they literally walked off the screen!

Back