Aliens Colonial Marines

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't it be sweet if the multiplayer was like Left 4 dead except with aliens and marines?

When I first played L4D i hoped this new Aliens game would be similar to it... co-op multiplayer rules... and if me and my mates can blast away at aliens too my world would be a happier place!

hmmm....seems really stupid of Sega to keep playing these games with us. if they put the new avp game ahead of the marines game i doubt we'll ever see the marines game released. i just don't see the point in pushing two games to the back burner just to concentrate on AVP which hasn't had much interest in 5 or 6 years.

I'm sure this will be released even despite the problems with Sega. They've already put a lot into it and it was on track to be released in summer so I'm sure they'll get it out somehow.

I've wanted this game ever since I saw it in a GameInformer magazine years ago. I hope it comes out, soon, and doesn't suck.

if the game is as reminiscent of the original aliens movies as that kotaku screenshot suggests, it should be exactly what i want. this looks to be everything i was hoping the AVP game was going to be. give me dead space in the "aliens" world and you've got a great game i bet.

Back when this game was first announced and in early development it was said it was going to be sort of like Star Wars Republic Commando/Rainbow Six and that it was squad based. If it is like that and feels like Dead Space with Aliens I'd be totally happy.

Back when this game was first announced and in early development it was said it was going to be sort of like Star Wars Republic Commando/Rainbow Six and that it was squad based. If it is like that and feels like Dead Space with Aliens I'd be totally happy.

:rock :rock Exactly how it should be.

YES! Very happy to hear this! :rock

I hope they kept the gameplay elements they mentioned. I loved the reports on how the game really screws with your mind using the motion tracker, and that sometimes you have to bunker down in a room, prepare and pray that you didn't forget any entrances. Can't wait to see all the new enviroments as well. :rock :rock :rock

I find it hard to compare AvP with A:CM just because AvP happens to have marines and xenos in it. What makes AvP unique is that you get to play all three different species, all pitted against one another. It may be too early to tell, but if/when people start playing better-organized games online, then AvP could rock on for a good long time and be even more fun than it already is. If not, I expect people will eventually tire of unorganized free-for-alls and death matches that offer no real strategic challenges and little long term replay value.

On the other hand, in A:CM you have the Colonial Marines from "Aliens", the "ultimate badasses" going up against an unknown alien species... as far as they know, it's just another bug hunt. Something like a sequel to "Aliens" might have been. This should be a perfect format for well-organized multiplayer coop games where you really need to work together with and depend on your fellow squad members. While that style of play may not appeal to everyone, I think it would set A:CM apart from most other combat action games people are bound to compare it to. In AvP only the "Survivor" match offers genuine co-op play for the Marines, while this is an entire game dedicated to playing as a Colonial Marine, so I would expect quite a bit more depth to any co-op/multiplayer combat scenarios in A:CM.

Of course it all depends on what kind of game Gearbox is actually making, but I suppose most fans of Aliens and gamers alike are really hoping for a gaming experience that combines the best of modern combat games with one of the most popular movie franchises there has ever been, and that it turns out to be a perfect marriage of the two. That's what I'm looking forward to anyway.

Last edited:
Back