Aliens Colonial Marines

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the corps!

I remember back in 2001 they had this game in development, though unfortunately, it was canceled.

EDIT: Here it is; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIeLGifENbI

Here's hoping this one isn't. I'll get a X360 just to play this game(And TFU, and Gears of War, and Halo 3, and COD4, etc...) .

Last edited:
This game should be the ****!

If you guys have ever played Brothers in Arms, I'm sure this game will have a very similar feel to it.

Brothers in Arms is a WWII squad based shooter also developed by Gearbox, they have made two so far and third installment "Hell's Highway" comes out this year, great game!

The developers are staying true to the time period that the second movie was in. The marines, the weapons, the atmospher everything. It takes place after Ripley's death and they've found the Sulaco floating in space empty. It's supposedly infested with the aliens and eventually you make your way to the derelict ship on LV-426

Here are some highlights

* There is no one central hero character, the role is shared among the whole squad (4).
* Each mission you have the chance to experience the mission from each members perspective
* Marine can carry 4 weapons, a primary gun, a secondary gun, grenades and a side arm.
* Primary guns act like "smart guns"
* Secondary weapons will vary and be customized according to character
* Regardless of which member you currently control, you have access to the abilities of the entire team
* Team wanted to wait until gaming has gotten to the point where it could replicate the experience from the movie as much as possible. movie-like game
* There is no HUD?
* Aliens will be highly intelligent, and will not just "run and gun" at you, but are "almost perfect hunters"
* Four player co-op champaign. It will allow for combination of split screen, and online play. Two players can share one screen, and you can go online to fill vacancies.
* Players can drop in and out of game at will
* Team is interested in making a Quake II gloom mod-like experience for online multiplayer
* Gamers can expect to see something in first half of 2009
* They are planning on something sort of like a God of War button sequence during certain alien attacks, but rather than a button on your screen, it might flash a green light to the side of the screen incidicating to move your analog stick to that side of the screen.

After reading all those features this sounds like the kind of gaming experience I've just been practicing for with all the previous ones. Man, I sure hope it delivers... BIG time! Now I have one more reason to finally grab myself a PS3!
:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

That's strange! I was only thinking the other day that an Aliens Colonial Marines game could be quite good now with way games are going.

I've not had a games console since the N-64 and Golden Eye. I'm going to get a PS3 this June to go with my new HD TV! :chew

I'm looking forward to the Ghostbusters game and now I'm looking forward to this!

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

That's strange! I was only thinking the other day that an Aliens Colonial Marines game could be quite good now with way games are going.

I've not had a games console since the N-64 and Golden Eye. I'm going to get a PS3 this June to go with my new HD TV! :chew

I'm looking forward to the Ghostbusters game and now I'm looking forward to this!

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

This is indeed the year to get the PS3. I also waited until there were enough good titles to justify buying one, and now with Blu-Ray becoming the dominant format for DVD, it looks like the time has finally come! :D

This Aliens Colonial Marines game sounds great so far! I wish I could see a demo or video promo of it. Btw, what is that Ghostbusters game you mentioned? I haven't heard of that one before... it sounds very interesting.

Cool thank man! :rock I think this game has been in the works for a long time. When the original xbox came out I worked at EB and this was a game in the works. It was then scrapped. That was years ago.

It mentions that in the GI article. it's not the same game that was scrapped awhile back. it is a brand new license. Either way it should be a really good game. It even has the face suckers.

This is indeed the year to get the PS3. I also waited until there were enough good titles to justify buying one, and now with Blu-Ray becoming the dominant format for DVD, it looks like the time has finally come! :D

This Aliens Colonial Marines game sounds great so far! I wish I could see a demo or video promo of it. Btw, what is that Ghostbusters game you mentioned? I haven't heard of that one before... it sounds very interesting.

it's also coming out on the 360 as well as a small game called gears of war 2 :lol

it's also coming out on the 360 as well as a small game called gears of war 2 :lol

IF MS does buy Epic then it could use the unreal engine and future software as a bartering tool to get a blu ray drive but still retain exclusivity of the games epic produce

Back