Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only "little" thing that is bothering me lately is, why there is no tubes / pipes in the back and the back appendice as well on this LSB... Would have been a complete accurate warrior...

I agree. That's the one thing this piece is missing that should have been included.

I also would have loved it if they included the spine and tubes coming off the back of the bust. It would have really added to the complex shape of the Alien.

So pretty... Wee lil bugger when I first opened the box but it gets bigger the more I look at it..... Happy to say I didn't find any issues with mine. Y'all had me worried!

It's a good afternoon when you get to open a new collectible & a new bottle of whiskey... :duff

One crappy pic is all you get..

IMG_20140829_145401_380_zpsad0ffkem.jpg

Looks like your in my old apartment. Lol
Same exact cabinets and appliance.

( Central FL)

temporary_zps79ff8160.jpg

temporary_zps075f3252.jpg

Didn't expect it to be that much smaller. It's even smaller than the alien dvd bust set.

mmmm glue

temporary_zps1c1c5dbd.jpg

Scratches turn me on! (looks worse in real life)

temporary_zps2a0c0406.jpg

It's hard to see but that white-ish spot on the lower jaw (circle area on the right) is bright orange in real life. Couldn't get rid of it no matter how much I wipred.

temporary_zps51b4ea7c.jpg

Mmmm more scatches

temporary_zps86b21fac.jpg

temporary_zpscaef3403.jpg

Are there more flaws? Probably, but my policy now a days is just have a quick once over and look for obvious flaws or flaws that immediately popped up. I didn't want to be too **** since asking for near perfection is quite hard.

Seeing all the damages on this piece has me extremely concerned about Big Chap. The chances of that dome arriving damaged look to be pretty high :(

But before concerning myself too much with that one I have to hope this one arrives ok…

All of the damage on these is unfortunate, many of the scratches and chips seem to be in the same place also, the shoulder blades. A huge shame as I was really looking forward to this. Maybe they should be making extra replacements for the big chap, that delicate dome isn't going to help matters much at all if he is being manufactured in the same factory.

Damn, imagine what one of these would have to look like to not[/] pass QC....

Would be nice to hear from one of the SS employees who reply to people's questions here about how something like this happens. Don't know about anyone else, but if this is the level of "quality control" we're going to get for these pieces, I'm out. I have a few SS pieces, none of which are "flawless," and two more on the way (Big Chap and Kenobi Mythos.) But if this is what we're going to get, and a pittance of a refund is all we're going to be offered for sub-par quality control issues, I'll take my money elsewhere.

I'm aware that the issues we've seen may be the exception rather than the majority, but I don't see how that matters. When you release a quality product and any number of people receive something that isn't up to that level of quality, you take care of them. You don't give them a few bucks toward their next purchase. You fix this purchase.

Don't know about anyone else, but if this is the level of "quality control" we're going to get for these pieces, I'm out.

Ditto here. Par for the course for Sideshow these days is to offer stunning prototypes then follow up with disappointingly shoddy final product. The supposed 'QC' is a joke. It's hard to get excited about anything they offer when you know there's a better than strong chance you'll have to send it back.

Do they care? Seems not.

It's not the product that's at fault here it's the way the factory seen to handle the items.
What do they do? Stand at opposite ends of a room and toss them to each other?

Ditto here. Par for the course for Sideshow these days is to offer stunning prototypes then follow up with disappointingly shoddy final product. The supposed 'QC' is a joke. It's hard to get excited about anything they offer when you know there's a better than strong chance you'll have to send it back.

Do they care? Seems not.

This. At best, I meet a new statue/bust/anything-made-of-polystone announcement with apprehension. Their figures are the main attraction for me these days and it seems that won't change anytime soon.

After driving 4.5 hours each way to pick him up, I finally got my Alien Warrior bust yesterday! And he was soooo worth the drive! Mine is a regular edition, #87 and he is flawless... I can't find a single issue with him anywhere. I'm so happy with it!

Back