Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not so easy, you lose the EX by doing that. They say right in the letter that they would be glad to assist in ordering the regular at the same price. That is just another irritant. Of course I don't want the regular or I would have ORDERED the regular.
I'd rather take my chance over not giving it a go and getting nothing :huh
Not happy? Money back. I didn't say accept a Reg.

The Apocalypse PF also had scraps and bubbling issues, to which SSC responded the same way. That's two must-own pieces that the company's QC and recently-lacking CS have made passable.

Mine is going back. Terrible, terrible quality on the paint app, with all kinds of hairs and contaminants sealed into the gloss coat. Obviously not sprayed in a sealed booth. A couple of the spines on top of the head have broken off during the casting, and there's a nice chip in the paint to round things off. Some of it I can fix, but it really needs a complete strip and repaint, and at this price I'm not inclined to take that on. And shouldn't have to, quite frankly.

I'm out of this line too. Way too many QC issues for me - seems like Sideshow can't produce a piece at this price point without seriously compromising on quality.

image.jpg
Here is a quick shot of my bust next to the life size after I repainted the teeth.
I can't stand the yellowish tendon on the big one anymore so decided it was time to paint it and started by giving it a black base coat.

Mine is going back. Terrible, terrible quality on the paint app, with all kinds of hairs and contaminants sealed into the gloss coat. Obviously not sprayed in a sealed booth. A couple of the spines on top of the head have broken off during the casting, and there's a nice chip in the paint to round things off. Some of it I can fix, but it really needs a complete strip and repaint, and at this price I'm not inclined to take that on. And shouldn't have to, quite frankly.

I'm out of this line too. Way too many QC issues for me - seems like Sideshow can't produce a piece at this price point without seriously compromising on quality.
Yes, their paint booths must be a joke. If it is not contaminants it is polystone dust that gets everywhere. I get new statues that have more "factory" dust than someone who displays them for years. I hope it is the China factory screwing over SS and not SS ordering them to do it cheap as possible.

Mine is going back. Terrible, terrible quality on the paint app, with all kinds of hairs and contaminants sealed into the gloss coat. Obviously not sprayed in a sealed booth

Seems like I'm not the only one who had this problem. Disappointing that this sort of thing happens with an item at this price point.

Anyway, I've sent them an email asking if it's possible to keep the name plate and return the bust only. I would even consider a slight hit on the refund amount if they let me do this, as I really want the exclusive name plate so that all the busts match. I don't think I'd be happy with a regular.

I'd rather take my chance over not giving it a go and getting nothing :huh
Not happy? Money back. I didn't say accept a Reg.
Buying something I don't want, hoping it is not worse, and with no replacements all so I don't miss out is not really the best option either. They need to just make some more or if they can't get new ones fix these or at least give a refund offer that is reflective of the amount of issues the piece has. Someone else got the same offer of $45 that I got and he has only one of my problems.

Going back to the Exclusive Alien Warrior statue from the 1/5 line my alien warrior arrived with 1 broken fang. I didn't notice it at first. Thankfully another board member pointed it out to me after I posted pics of it. Anyway, I contacted Sideshow for a replacement. Keep in mind it was the exclusive version that comes with the facehugger accessory obviously. They asked me to destroy my alien and they would send me a replacement alien. So I destroyed the one a received and they sent me a replacement. They NEVER asked me to destroy the exclusive facehugger accessory. I guess things must have changed with how Sideshow handles their replacement options and instructions for customers who ordered exclusives. And that is very sad news to me. I agree with all of you who ordered an exclusive alien warrior legendary scale bust only to receive a flawed item that now-a-days you can't even get a replacement for let alone keep your exclusive accessory (in this case a name plate).

Furthermore, the point of QC is quality control. That's what they do. So why then are flawed pieces getting past this stage? I'd be inclined to think that once a "minor flawed" piece is inspected, the two inspectors look at each other, shrug and let it pass through. The thought process on it must be something like, "Well what should we have done? Destroy this one and order another one from the factory to replace it? Naw, that wouldn't make sense. It won't be a big deal. And even if the buyer makes an issue of it, the flaws are minor. And Sideshow customer service will "take care" of them." lol :lol :slap

Sent in a request to Sideshow for a replacement yesterday as mine came with a few QC problems, and the best they could offer me is $45 credit towards another purchase or I can return for a refund and then buy a regular, as they don't have any replacements left. How can they have no replacements? This thing just came out! Seriously disappointed, as I really want the name plate, but not sure I can live with the flaws, especially with my OCD. Did anyone else send in a return request and get a similar response?

I got mine last Friday the 22nd. Noticed the broken tooth and submitted an online claim for a replacement on Saturday. I received a response on Tuesday the 26th confirming a replacement. I kept my nameplate and sent the body off yesterday.

Congratulations to those of you who are getting good pieces! However, all the examples of those who have received damaged busts is making me nervous for Big Chap.

Man, didn't knwo you had the 1:1 bust. Congrats.
Yes, I've got it from the very first day, my all time favourite piece, the first from Sideshow, the biggest :)
I finished painting, giving definition to the teeth. I should be able to post a picture tomorrow.
I'm sad Sideshow failed to deliver a perfect collectible to most of us.
Because it is one hell of a wonderful bust. The sculptor did a terrific job, loaded with details.
The alien warrior is awesome but the base is also a piece of art. Great design with tons of alienesque details.
With a triangular shape that remind me of the queen crown.
The plaque is a tad too big for this one and I like to display it with the life size.
I'm very proud to add it to my collection :)

The only "little" thing that is bothering me lately is, why there is no tubes / pipes in the back and the back appendice as well on this LSB... Would have been a complete accurate warrior...

Has Sideshow ever revisited a piece? I Sooooooo want that 1:1 Warrior!

I seem to be missing 4/5 grand.

I got mine last Friday the 22nd. Noticed the broken tooth and submitted an online claim for a replacement on Saturday. I received a response on Tuesday the 26th confirming a replacement. I kept my nameplate and sent the body off yesterday.

Seriously? That's just poor form on their part, offering a replacement to some customers but not others. Glad you got a replacement though...just wish they would do the same for others.

Back