Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you got a good one but why the 9 hour drive?

My regular will be checked by a local retailer and delivered for free :huh

The closest comic / collectible store to me is 4.5 hours away :impatient: Luckily, I had other things to do there, so picking up the bust was a bonus.

The closest comic / collectible store to me is 4.5 hours away :impatient: Luckily, I had other things to do there, so picking up the bust was a bonus.

Wow, can't imagine that drive for the closest shop. Are the shipping prices high or you just like seeing them in person fir inspection first?

Wow, can't imagine that drive for the closest shop. Are the shipping prices high or you just like seeing them in person fir inspection first?

Normally I get them shipped to me, but I had to be in that city for other things so I picked it up :)

Guys, really need some advice as I'm just not sure what to do. I have until today to decide if I want to keep my Warrior and take Sideshow's $45 credit, or return for full refund and buy the regular at %10 discount (or not buy anything). Really don't want to return it as I want to collect the whole Alien LSB line and would prefer the EX so they all match, but not sure if I should keep it with the flaws. Thought I'd throw up some pics of the worst ones and see what you think...

AlienLSB1.jpg

This one there is a bit of paint missing on the lip area, and to the right of that there is some debris stuck in the gloss coat.

AlienLSB2.jpg

This one seems to bother me the most, because it looks kind of bad on display with the lights shining on it. There is excess glue residue, not just where I've circled, but pretty much where the plastic is joined to the head because it is so clear you can see the glue underneath through the plastic and when I put it on display under lights, it just looks white in that area and it looks crap. There is also something weird going on with the shape of the tendon where I've marked with a big circle. Not sure if anyone else has it like this? the tendon on the other side looks fine.

AlienLSB4.jpg

Excess glue again. This one doesn't bother me too much coz it's on the neck area and it's pretty much hidden due to shadow etc... unless you go looking for it.

There are various other faults with it like a few random hairs/debris in the gloss coat in various spots, a couple of minor paint chips/blemishes, but these are pretty much the major ones that bother me, especially the first 2 as they are both on the face/head area where it's very noticeable. The other issues aren't very noticeable unless you go looking for them under a light, so I can live with them. Do you think I should return for a refund or just keep it?

Guys, really need some advice as I'm just not sure what to do. I have until today to decide if I want to keep my Warrior and take Sideshow's $45 credit, or return for full refund and buy the regular at %10 discount (or not buy anything). Really don't want to return it as I want to collect the whole Alien LSB line and would prefer the EX so they all match, but not sure if I should keep it with the flaws. Thought I'd throw up some pics of the worst ones and see what you think...

View attachment 131192

This one there is a bit of paint missing on the lip area, and to the right of that there is some debris stuck in the gloss coat.

View attachment 131193

This one seems to bother me the most, because it looks kind of bad on display with the lights shining on it. There is excess glue residue, not just where I've circled, but pretty much where the plastic is joined to the head because it is so clear you can see the glue underneath through the plastic and when I put it on display under lights, it just looks white in that area and it looks crap. There is also something weird going on with the shape of the tendon where I've marked with a big circle. Not sure if anyone else has it like this? the tendon on the other side looks fine.

View attachment 131194

Excess glue again. This one doesn't bother me too much coz it's on the neck area and it's pretty much hidden due to shadow etc... unless you go looking for it.

There are various other faults with it like a few random hairs/debris in the gloss coat in various spots, a couple of minor paint chips/blemishes, but these are pretty much the major ones that bother me, especially the first 2 as they are both on the face/head area where it's very noticeable. The other issues aren't very noticeable unless you go looking for them under a light, so I can live with them. Do you think I should return for a refund or just keep it?

IMO - That's just too much to deal with to keep. I would return it.

You mentioned the odd shape of the tendon. Mine looks the same. So I think that's normal lol

Thanks for the support guys. Sigh I just got a reply for USD$45 credit. I don't feel like it's worth it. A large scratch on the face of a bust is hard to miss. Not to mention the orange spot. I can live with the rest of the flaws but the face scratch? That's a really hard pill to swallow, especially if the refund is a USD$45 credit. :(

View attachment 131192

View attachment 131193

View attachment 131194

Sorry to hear about your issues my friend :(
They do look quite bad... Is there anyway of sanding away the excess glue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would return it. I can't understand how some of us got a great bust while others received a completely frak up piece. :(

For those of you returning it for full refund, you should try and see if you can take the refund and scoop one up from a local shop. Least there you can hopefully respend the same $$$ while actually being able to look at what you are buying.

IMO - That's just too much to deal with to keep. I would return it.

You mentioned the odd shape of the tendon. Mine looks the same. So I think that's normal lol

Yeah I've seen the odd tendon shape on a few of them now, so it looks like that part is at least normal, so the only issue with it is the visible glue. It's a shame, I really want to keep this, but as you said it's too much to deal with, so I'm not sure I can live with the issues :/

Crappy decision to have to make, I am in the same boat, need to let them know at some point today...

It really sucks to have to make this decision. If I had great customizing skills, it would make this decision easier as I'd just fix the flaws myself. I think I read you post on statueforum that you were going to fix yours? If you do, let me know what paints you end up using. If I decide to touch anything up on mine, I'd love to know what colours to use.

Thanks for the support guys. Sigh I just got a reply for USD$45 credit. I don't feel like it's worth it. A large scratch on the face of a bust is hard to miss. Not to mention the orange spot. I can live with the rest of the flaws but the face scratch? That's a really hard pill to swallow, especially if the refund is a USD$45 credit. :(

Sorry to hear about yours mate. Agree, your scratch looks pretty bad, I would definitely return that.

Sorry to hear about your issues my friend :(
They do look quite bad... Is there anyway of sanding away the excess glue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, with the tendon area, because there is visible glue underneath the tendon piece, the only way I can think of to fix it would be to heat up the area and carefully try and remove the tendon piece without breaking it, then clean away the excess glue and paint over it with a similar colour paint to the rest of the piece, then reattach the tendon piece. It's a risky move though. The excess glue on the neck I probably wouldn't bother with because it isn't actually visible on display.

I would return it. I can't understand how some of us got a great bust while others received a completely frak up piece. :(

Yeah it's a real shame. If there was no EX I wouldn't care, I'd simply send it back and buy another one as it would be no loss to me, but I really want that EX name plate as I had planned to collect a few of these LSB's and wanted them all to have name plates so they match. Now it will look odd if this has no name plate and the others do. So annoying.

On a side note, if anyone reading is from Australia and does custom work on statues/figures, or knows of anyone who does, and would fix the issues on my bust, please PM me.

Sideshow's response to a few members here apparently was - that you can't just keep the name plate and get a regular in place of, because their different.
Uhhhh, I see no difference in the Ex Sculpt and the regular. To me? It's the right/fair way to go, considering all the bad pieces that have gone out their door as quality assured.

Sideshow's response to a few members here apparently was - that you can't just keep the name plate and get a regular in place of, because their different.
Uhhhh, I see no difference in the Ex Sculpt and the regular. To me? It's the right/fair way to go, considering all the bad pieces that have gone out their door as quality assured.

I tried to do this also, but they just said the "base art" would be different as I guess they already have their plates on the bases before they get them.

Yeah I also asked to do that, not an option unfortunately..

"[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your email. The Non-exclusive is still available, but we cannot replace an exclusive with a non-exclusive, because the two items have different art on the bottom of the base and different edition sizes. [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you would like to return your damaged exclusive piece, and then purchase the non-exclusive, we are able to do that for you, and we would also provide a 10% discount off the non-exclusive piece. You need to return all parts of the exclusive piece however, including the nameplate. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you do want the non-exclusive piece, unfortunately, the remaining options are the previously offered credit or return for a full refund. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please confirm how you would like to proceed, and I will do my best to assist you."
[/FONT]

Well, That just pathetic.
People want their name plate to match the others Ex's for this line. I think at the least they can do that for ya

Sculpt is the same, the base art is different is what they are saying, I found a youtube video of the reg, the design is the same but it is blue on the reg, white on the EX.

Back