Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 130289
Here is a quick shot of my bust next to the life size after I repainted the teeth.
I can't stand the yellowish tendon on the big one anymore so decided it was time to paint it and started by giving it a black base coat.

Hey Bud, have you finished the painting on the 1:1 warrior? I would like to see when finished :)

I hope some day I can afford one. :pray:

CAIN MKII having both, what do you think about the lsb? Does it worth the money? Is it really half scale? The painting is equal to the big bro?

Is it worth the money?
Absolutely!
Half scale?
Yes with an outstanding base.
The painting is very good, not equal to the big one, but at this scale it is very appropriate.
I have both and love them. The life size is huge and was built from the original molds by Stan Winston studio, nothing less than spectacular.
The LSB may be not as prestigious, but it's a darn good Alien warrior, one of the very best, second only after the life size.
Buy it without a second thought after you give it a complete check.

Everyone who has painted the teeth so far hasn't really made an improving difference to it in my opinion, no one has actually made them look chrome yet, like the 1:1.

It is just hard to tell from pictures sometimes, proper metallic paint such as Alclad looks just like metal in person. I painted my Scar bio with it, it doesn't come across well in pictures but in hand, it looks and almost feels as if it is solid metal. Now I know I am keeping my little warrior, I'll get a bottle ordered soon and do mine.

Everyone who has painted the teeth so far hasn't really made an improving difference to it in my opinion, no one has actually made them look chrome yet, like the 1:1.

Agreed. That's what stopped me from painting mine. Been lookin' @ different paints/ways to get a chrome effect for weeks.

I'm going to get some Chrome paint on Monday from my local model shop... Think they sell trains etc so will have every model paint under the sun.

How should I apply the paint? Brush?

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Airbrush ideally as it will provide a much nicer finish free of brush strokes. Assuming you don't have one, you may want to read up on rattle cans to see what is available and up to the task. Also, take the time to read up on how to use the brand of paint you do get. Alclad for instance looks significantly better if you apply a gloss black base coat before applying it and is worth putting the extra effort in to. Also, very light coats only, it may need several coats but again it is worth the extra effort.

The teeth on the bust need to be like this
22a738528f74100a77e61250efbab4b8.jpg

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Airbrush ideally as it will provide a much nicer finish free of brush strokes. Assuming you don't have one, you may want to read up on rattle cans to see what is available and up to the task. Also, take the time to read up on how to use the brand of paint you do get. Alclad for instance looks significantly better if you apply a gloss black base coat before applying it and is worth putting the extra effort in to. Also, very light coats only, it may need several coats but again it is worth the extra effort.

Thanks Python... I'm thinking of getting them professionally painted?
Also... Will doing this decrease the value of the alien bust??

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

For the people returning their ex's, I would just measure and photograph the nameplate, from every angle, then find a 3D printing company to reproduce it for you. It shouldn't be that difficult.

Back