Alien Giger Maquette Inside Look

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the pose either.

Far too reminiscent of the old Palisades piece.

But, I know I will own this anyway.

"I'm really pleased that this time, we've gone to our premium format interpretation."

Does that not mean this is a premium format figure? Or is he referring to maquette's as their premium creation format?

we wont know until we see the finished product. Technically, the original P1 maquette is a pf, but they labeled it as a maquette, so who knows

I'm a huge Alien fan - got the blu-rays in the egg when it was released - but the only collectibel I got is the Aliens Hero Pulse Rifle ex from HCG. As for the rest, it's either way to expensive or I didn't really like it. But I would be all over a Ripley pf.

As for this ...... if the price is anyway near the $1000 mark I would rather get the regular pulse rifle, that piece is worth that pricetag, this one is not.

Looks like this will be a 1/5th scale PF not a 1/4 scale judging by the video since there is a height comparison with the 1/5 Punisher comiquette at 46 seconds into the video.

Looks like this will be a 1/5th scale PF not a 1/4 scale judging by the video since there is a height comparison with the 1/5 Punisher comiquette at 46 seconds into the video.

it showed the Alien statue being 24 inches tall, prolly without the base too, so that would make it 1/4 scale and taller than the P1 maquette IF that meausrement isnt including base.

Whenever I look at the Aliens maquette, I can't believe it cost $500 more than the Hellboy one, which easily is bigger.

Pose reminds me of this picture.
With no name plate on the base I am liking this - I will be able to turn the statue to suit the pose to how I like since at the moment I don't like it as much front on as I do side on.

alien.jpg

No. Why would they want to do that?

idk, you can either look at it as being a creepy looking pose for a monster or a monster playing peek-aboo with you :dunno. I'm not sure what kind of pose would be better, this piece sure beats the hell out of the Aliens maquette as far as pose goes. I like it better than the cm too. A lot of ppl hate the P1 maquette pose too, but that seems to still be very high in demand.

Why would this be around $1000? Is it just me or is that a crazy amount for this statue? I don't get why it would cost more than the Hulk Comiquette.

well this wont be cheaper than the warrior maquette, and this looks to be a bigger piece than the warrior, so that would make it at least $100 more than the warrior maquette. I would imagine a lot more money went into development of a piece like this license wise and time wise.

Whenever I look at the Aliens maquette, I can't believe it cost $500 more than the Hellboy one, which easily is bigger.

:lecture...........i had a lot of hope for that maquette as i like the design of those aliens better, but it fell way short of expectations. Hopefully they release a kick ass warrior LSB when the line gets moving, so ppl that missed the 1:1 could get a good representation of that alien without spending 4k. I wouldnt mind the inaccurate blue color either.

I'm not a absolute fan of the pose, but I think they choose one of the better ways to represent it, elegant and menacing. The Alien has a very particular body language and expression, it moves in a slow, elegant but weird way. And it's been proven difficult to choose a static pose that expresses all this.

I wish they change the hands though, the one on the prototype are too nosferatu like. I may get it... just waiting on final pics

The first one isn't showing up and the second one looks like it's tap dancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back