Alien Giger Maquette Inside Look

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant news!
Looks like it will be a very beautiful piece. I wonder if I will be able to afford it...

I love the side by side shot of the Medicom and HT aliens.

Pose looks good, but not great. I think it's the right arm that bugging me a bit. But the detail is awesome.

I'm loving the look of this so far. Sad thing is, it doesn't really matter if Sideshows best painter paints it up. We aren't going to have ours painted up by that same person. In the end, the paint job will decide how good this statue looks.:(

I'm still super excited for this piece.:panic:

sometimes I hate when Sideshow has a pose that doesn't allow for full viewing of the statue. I really wanted this, but now I will until how I see that head turning affects the viewing of it.

Don't collect Alien/Predator stuff just out space/money concerns (gotta draw the line somewhere!)... but I think this looks awesome. It almost makes me want to cross the line and hop in.

But awesome new swag for you folks who dig this line!!!! woot!

the sculpt is solid. but once again, i don't like SSC's idea for the pose. this is exactly why i don't buy maquettes anymore.

love it, can't wait... i wonder how much is will be

My sentiments exactly; I've been waiting for Sideshow to do Giger's Alien for some time now. :chew

the sculpt is solid. but once again, i don't like SSC's idea for the pose.

I see where you're coming from but, speaking solely for myself, I actually quite like the pose. The alien from the first movie wasn't the ultra-mobile menace we saw in the sequels so a more active pose (like the Alien Warrior maquette) wouldn't be too movie-accurate, IMO. I can't wait to see a finished prototype.:panic:

Thanks for those Sabres.
It has a bit of a cough/sneeze pose from some angles not unlike the Palisades disaster.
But with the body side on and the head turned facing it does look cool.

Here the Palisades piece for comparison:

Classic_Alien-statue.jpg

¨
Sideshow concept screen:

alienmaquette3.jpg

alienmaquette4.jpg

Hmm, not so sure yet about this. Paint app and detail will be awesome without a doubt...but the pose...need more pictures of the sideshow piece first.

I'm not digging the OBVIOUS McFarlane finger pose on the hands.

Looks pretty sick. The sculpt looks awesome. I am not necessarily sold on the pose but overall looks badass. Cannot wait to see the full reveal. Did we get an idea of scale and size?

Would be nice if this came in around $500-$600.

I prefer it when Giger Alien fingers are stuck together like on the original suit. I can't recall from the video, but are they spread on this piece? It won't stop me anyway, this must be mine. Wonder about the specifics on the dome as well.

I prefer it when Giger Alien fingers are stuck together like on the original suit. I can't recall from the video, but are they spread on this piece? It won't stop me anyway, this must be mine. Wonder about the specifics on the dome as well.

It looked like they were spread.

Looks great, but I get a Nosteratu vibe from the pose.

did you listen to the video? thats exactly what they got the idea from

This looks fantastic. It's not for me, but I think Alien fans will be pleased.

arent you one that has a 1:1 Alien Warrior bust? :cuckoo:

IMO, this looks epic, will be a home run. This will be the ONE Alien piece for my collection. Anyone passing this up will surely regret it. i think the pose it better the cm pose too and 1/4, how can you go wrong :panic:

Did we get an idea of scale and size?

Would be nice if this came in around $500-$600.

There is a comparison piece in the preview video for scale, and they mention premium format scale and that this will be very tall. As far as price, it's going to be high. No way around it. It certainly won't be less than the warrior, and with both rising costs and the obvious fan demand for the Giger Alien, I can honestly see this approaching the $1000 mark, even if it should not. My guess would be $900, and I will be surprised if it is less.

probably same price as alien warrior 1/4. I think this has a much better pose and will be a great Alien piece. Not for me tho, im more of a alienS fan, but congrats to those who will own !

well its not as intricate as putting together the Predator maquette, but this looks bigger than the Aliens piece, so i would prolly bank on it being like 1k cause this will sell quick imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back