Agent Carter (Marvel TV Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Agent Carter (Potential Marvel TV Series?)

The Agent Carter short was awesome. It was the best of the Marvel one shots and it could work really well as a TV Movie or even a film. Haley is stunning and the WWII setting and pre-SHIELD storylines could be well done. IM IN!

ABC and Marvel have solidified their potential Agent Carter series.

The drama, inspired by a Captain America one-shot on the Iron Man 3 DVD, has tapped Reaper creators Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas as showrunners, ABC Entertainment Group president Paul Lee announced Friday.

Agent Carter takes place a year after the events of Captain America: The First Avenger and follows Steve Rogers' (Chris Evans) girlfriend Agent Carter (portrayed by Hayley Atwell) as she builds her career as a secret agent while the hero is frozen in ice.

Lee said Friday at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour that the Agent Carter script -- written by Captain America duo Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely -- has come in, calling it "good."

"That certainly has a good chance to be on the network," Lee said from the stage.

Following the session, Lee also confirmed that Atwell -- long rumored to be attached to the project -- would indeed be a part of the potential series. As for now, though, the ABC Studios/Marvel Entertainment project is merely in development and has not yet been ordered to pilot.

"She's such a strong, wonderful character if you've seen the one-shot," said Butters, at TCA to support ABC's Resurrection. "We're happy to be involved." The EP also noted that she and Fazekas could ultimately work on Resurrection and Agent Carter should both dramas continue on for the 2014-15 season.

Fun fact: Butters is married to Arrow EP/comics scribe Marc Guggenheim, creating what she called a Marvel and DC Comics household. "We're all inclusive," she joked.

Meanwhile, Lee also praised ABC's Netflix deal, noting the streaming service would be a home for Marvel projects for the "super fan."

The potential Agent Carter series comes as ABC has found modest success with Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, a first-year drama that Lee admitted took time to find its "sea legs."

Last edited:

Awesome news. That one shot was great. Hopefully Cooper reprises the Howard Stark role.

I loved the little short in front of IM3.. I would def take this show over Agents of SHIELD

Can't wait for this. Marvel definitely needs more heroines tossed into the mix. The fact that it'll be a period piece is even better. Just a shame this'll essentially be disconnected from everything else.

I loved her character. I think this has a TON of potential. How interesting to have a period piece TV series, too. It's been a while.

Since they have finally seemed to realize AoS needs some oomph maybe they will do this right from the start.

How much of a kick in the backside will it be if Marvel can launch an AGENT CARTER show set in the World War II era and DC can't launch Wonder Woman as a series?!?!

They have little faith in Wonder Woman anyway. Gadot only has a 3-picture deal, which after BvS and JLA leaves a single picture.

I like the idea of shorter seasons. They should reduce Agents of SHIELD to 13 episodes and have them share a time slot throughout the year.

Heres the most recent buzz:
https://www.deadline.com/2014/04/pilots-2014-early-buzz-edition/

Then there is Marvel’s stealth Agent Carter project. Last year, the company went into Fort Knox mode on its Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot, which was kept under lock and key. They took that a notch further this year with carterAgent Carter. Because there is a prototype — the project is inspired by a one shot, which was featured on the Blu-ray release of Iron Man 3 — word has been that it would forgo a pilot and go straight to series. The script was finished more than three months ago (“the script is great,” ABC’s Paul Lee said back in January), the option on one-shot’s star Hayley Atwell came up and was extended, but the green light never came. Now there is talk that a pickup for Agent Carter may come along with a renewal for Marvel’s freshman Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., with the new series possibly serving as a bridge between the fall and spring portions of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I like the idea of shorter seasons. They should reduce Agents of SHIELD to 13 episodes and have them share a time slot throughout the year.

I agree. Show isn't exciting enough for 22 episodes - go the short/sweet route

I know alot of people are loving AoS from the start, but I'd rather see the current format scrapped. If they can afford to make 20 something eps a week, I'd rather they just make focused one week miniseries that went along with each MCU flick release. Focus all that budget into kick ass 5 hour blocks that they show all week and make it a real event, keep the shows relevent to the latest movie, have contracts where people signing on for the movies would do small cameos, maybe the first ep could be a few flashbacks showing whats been going on with the team, but at this point, I still find myself with little to no concern with what happens to the characters, my interests still go straight to which episode is going to have Lady Sif, will SLJ or Maria Hill be coming by soon, whos a Hydra agent, etc.. I don't care at all who Ward's latest crush is and I definitely am way past caring about how/why Coulson... LiVeS. It looks like hes not becoming the Vision, so that dog pretty much stopped hunting for me.

Agents of SHIELD didn't impress me after watching 5-6 episodes...

I will try to push through the full season when it pops up on Netflix or something but so far, Marvel isn't impressing me with their live-action TV shows. I enjoy Marvel for the recognizable characters and they've been a little too slow on bringing in "known" characters. I think Ward should be replaced with Clay Quartermain (a prominent SHIELD agent in the comics), and bringing in prominent characters like Victoria Hand and Deathlok has been happening too slow for me.

I don't think they should do an Agent Peggy Carter series...one-shots here and there, maybe an "Agents of SHIELD" flashback episode(s) starring Peggy Carter would be great or perhaps just a MINI-SERIES. But these shows have little-to-no impact on the big movies and thus far have acted as just filler and fluff....

Wow, is this something DC is ACTUALLY better than Marvel at? Live-action TV shows??? Wow...who would've thought? ;)

DC has had a lot more experience with TV than Marvel has, plus Arrow is starting to get a little soap opera-ish. The just need the guts to go full fledged Marvel on TV.
I think the Peggy Carter/ Shield origins has a lot of potential.

Without Cap, I wont be interested in watching Peggy and some side missions. Havent been following AoS, but this will go through the same fate.

Back