Agent Carter (Marvel TV Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Agent Carter (Potential Marvel TV Series?)

What's the point?

atwell_1951148i.jpg

Aside from the way she looks? I have no idea.....

Don't forget that a large chunk of that is owned by other companies. That aside, I'd rather see well developed heroes than Smalville-ish garbage just thrown together to stack the tween demographic.

Not true, There's only four franchises they don't monopolise and only one of those is street level. They can do an Iron Fist, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Punisher ect... series of movies or tv shows anytime they like.

But i agree, they need to branch out to street level movies.

Last edited:

Not true, There's only four franchises they don't monopolise and only one of those is street level. They can do an Iron Fist, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Punisher ect... series of movies or tv shows anytime they like.

But i agree, they need to branch out to street level movies.

I think a Powerman/Ironfist show would work, but I have a feeling they're saving Cage for a feature film (Dwayne Johnson). Daredevil is a movie hero, so I don't see them doing a show. I think Moonknight could benefit from the show (so long as they do the first volume hero). Ghost Rider and Punisher need either a cable series or R movies to work. Neither is really suited to broadcast television. :lol

My point was that I'd rather see them develop these licenses carefully, than rush them out to television like Smallville garbage that blows continuity into the wind for tween drama.

I think Daredevil would work better as a tv series. Part superhero action, part courtroom drama. He's not the kind of splashy, special effects character that needs the big screen.

I think Daredevil would work better as a tv series. Part superhero action, part courtroom drama. He's not the kind of splashy, special effects character that needs the big screen.

Law & Order with red tights doesn't sound all that appealing. :lol

She's hot and did a great job on the movie. I don't really think we need a series based on the character.

Agreed- but I'd like to see more of her in the Marvel films..buy how would it be done- ?????

I think a series with Agent Carter could work. Detailing the back story of the beginning of SHIELD and some of the older villains laying plans that can come to fruition later in the film/TV cycle. I think it may do better as a series of TV movies though instead of a weekly serial.

I have to admit, I don't get the fascination with this character, aside from her looks obviously. She was fine in the movie, but I saw the short, and I can't imagine sitting through a whole series of that. The Marvel Universe is full of female characters, can't we find one a bit more compelling than Peggy Carter? Hell, let's see a She Hulk series.
Yeah, the thing about this, and SHIELD for that matter, is that these supporting characters really don't seem all that interesting in themselves. Yeah, I know Coulson has a following now, but he proved himself to be worth watching in brief snippets in films. But taking center stage in an hour-long, weekly show? And Carter. . .hard for me to see how it would be any different than any other generic TV spy drama. But we'll see. My point is, folks care about these characters because they have associations with well known comic characters. The comic super heroes are the draw. These guys were supporting characters in the films for a reason. Could be these shows are really great. Could be they succeed. But as a comic fan, I want to see important comic characters first and foremost, and I think only the more hardcore of Marvel movie fans are going to go out of their way to tune in to watch human backup characters star in TV shows. But who knows? Maybe they'll roll out those kinds of characters early and often.

My point was that I'd rather see them develop these licenses carefully, than rush them out to television like Smallville garbage that blows continuity into the wind for tween drama.
Just because it would be made for TV doesn't mean it would have to be rushed or target teenagers.

He would be really well suited to TV vs. movies in my mind, because he's such a complex character. An entire season could be devoted to the Born Again storyline. Then there's all his dealings with Mephisto/Blackheart, and Typhoid Mary, and Bullseye, and Elektra. . .a great variety of potential stories to be told. Add in the court element and it could be really distinctive.

Yeah, the thing about this, and SHIELD for that matter, is that these supporting characters really don't seem all that interesting in themselves. Yeah, I know Coulson has a following now, but he proved himself to be worth watching in brief snippets in films. But taking center stage in an hour-long, weekly show? And Carter. . .hard for me to see how it would be any different than any other generic TV spy drama. But we'll see. My point is, folks care about these characters because they have associations with well known comic characters. The comic super heroes are the draw. These guys were supporting characters in the films for a reason. Could be these shows are really great. Could be they succeed. But as a comic fan, I want to see important comic characters first and foremost, and I think only the more hardcore of Marvel movie fans are going to go out of their way to tune in to watch human backup characters star in TV shows. But who knows? Maybe they'll roll out those kinds of characters early and often.

:goodpost:

I don't personally see the interest in the SHIELD program, for pretty much the reasons you've stated.

From what i've seen there's nothing Marvel in that show, it's all new, unrelated stuff

Last edited:

I really liked the short film and was very happy to see Domenic Cooper as Howard Stark. I think there could be some "origin of Shield" TV movies if the Agents of Shield series does well.

Back