Agent Carter (Marvel TV Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Agent Carter (Potential Marvel TV Series?)

There's no reason this can't work as a series. AoS's main failing, all other things aside, was that it just wasn't well written out of the gate. They've improved, though. But it was just flat. As a different show with different writers and people calling the shots, it could work better.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Nope. Dealing with the fall-out. The first post-movie episode was pretty interesting because of that. We'll see what they do with it.

This could be awesome. Shield being born and Hydra infiltrating all the while.

Cool, I really like that era of American History, so it will be cool to explore that time period.

Although the initial write-up doesn't sound great, I'm excited about the possibilities. A major network show set in the 40s could be fun. You don't see a lot of period shows that far back these days.

I honestly don't see this one lasting long. There's no real connection to the films since it all takes place after Cap but decades before anything else. I'll watch it but I'm not expecting much out of it.

I imagine Marvel is hoping the appeal of their series goes beyond just their connection to other things.

This could be the spy-show that AoS kinda hinted at but only has shown in the last half of the season. I'll watch it.

I'll be watching this solely based on plot, production value and character development.

hayley-atwell-hot-sweeney.jpg

:monkey3

I think the films and universe are going to become very Hydra focused and this will help set them up as a shadow group affecting things we see in current timelines. I've also read a lot about how they think MS will kill off Steve Rogers but I can't see them doing that with any of their big characters. The nice part about having seen Downey as Iron Man so often is that they don't need to establish who he is etc, same goes with Thor and Cap, now Widow and to some extent, Banner. I can see them realizing they they do in fact need SHIELD but have Rogers set it up and run it, paving the way for Bucky to take over as Cap.
The tricky question is: Who, and how many will Whedon kill going up against Thanos? The guy is virtually a God, there has to be a body count.

I think the films and universe are going to become very Hydra focused and this will help set them up as a shadow group affecting things we see in current timelines. I've also read a lot about how they think MS will kill off Steve Rogers but I can't see them doing that with any of their big characters. The nice part about having seen Downey as Iron Man so often is that they don't need to establish who he is etc, same goes with Thor and Cap, now Widow and to some extent, Banner. I can see them realizing they they do in fact need SHIELD but have Rogers set it up and run it, paving the way for Bucky to take over as Cap.
The tricky question is: Who, and how many will Whedon kill going up against Thanos? The guy is virtually a God, there has to be a body count.

I don't see them killing off any of the biggies. I could see I guess Widow or Hawkeye being killed when Thanos attacks but the rest will make it out going forward leaving room to add others if they kill off either one of those two characters.

I don't see them killing off any of the biggies. I could see I guess Widow or Hawkeye being killed when Thanos attacks but the rest will make it out going forward leaving room to add others if they kill off either one of those two characters.

If it was one of them, I would much, much prefer it to be Hawkeye, and not the strongest female character in the MCU. I'm ready for a Black Widow movie, myself.

Can't wait to see Agent Carter. Her Marvel One Shot is my favorite, and it's great to see them recognizing how awesome Hayley Atwell is and that she's worth building a series around.

If it was one of them, I would much, much prefer it to be Hawkeye, and not the strongest female character in the MCU. I'm ready for a Black Widow movie, myself.

Can't wait to see Agent Carter. Her Marvel One Shot is my favorite, and it's great to see them recognizing how awesome Hayley Atwell is and that she's worth building a series around.

I would expect it to be him over her. As I have read several times they're probably going to do a BW solo movie.

I'm eager to see it and think it has a good chance of being pretty good.

Yeah, me too.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Renner as Hawkeye and would like to see more of him, but I've come to love ScarJo as Black Widow and she's one of my favorites of the main Avengers. Avengers and TWS have done wonders for her character and she's only gotten more awesome with each movie. And it would be absolutely refreshing to me for her to get her own movie because she's such a strong female character. I would rather lose Hawkeye over her any day of the week.

The news about Agent Carter being picked up is fantastic. Hayley Atwell is great, and left me wanting to see more of her character after TFA. This news rocks for me.

Back