3A - Dr. DOOM

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.worldofthreea.com/threea-production-blog/3zx2h74hunt1j0rgx4ym9fuacl7xlw

Pre-orders on Halloween!

He's coming in 3 versions -
Classic

Ghost

Stealth

Looks bad. Not the way I remember him. 400086-doctor-doom-005.jpg

Problem is the fact that his chest isn't covered with cloth. Would have been insta-purchase because I do love the helmet!

It's non-traditional that's for sure - but I'll remind people that even it's not for you being rude is not called for.

Personally I'd like to see a more traditional tunic and cape. He kind of looks nekkid this way.

I'm not trying to insult anybody. I just don't like it and I certainly don't like Ashley Wood and his ridiculous make-up-things-as-we-go business model.

I also think this is definitely ugly and a mockery on what Marvel built.

It's non-traditional that's for sure - but I'll remind people that even it's not for you being rude is not called for.

Personally I'd like to see a more traditional tunic and cape. He kind of looks nekkid this way.

What an odd thought that a man covered head to toe in armor would look naked, but damn if youre not right. :lol

Depending on the price, I may get it. I already have a Doom that I made, so I can just change the boots and give him a tunic and I should be good. Again, it all depends on the price. Over $150 is out of my range.

Here's my color edit. Kinda thought they would have done his traditional color on the one that's called "Classic Edition". Not anything you can't customize yourself though. Figure looks great overall. At least there's a 1/6 Dr Doom figure in the market now.

ac44jWl.png

wljv3r5g4hfrviej2wrw.png

Is he a Hoth ally now or what?

How would a ghost hold a pistol, never mind shoot it?

And when does Dr Doom ever do anything in stealth?

This makes no sense on so many levels.

Why even call this Doctor Doom? Just call it Metal Man with a cape, Metal Man with a cape Ghost version, and Metal Man with a cape Stealth version:dunno

I just don't get those boots.

Other than the boots though, the figure has a cool, haughty feel about it, very Doom-like. But the boots...is he supposed to be a duck?

there are details in this figure that I like, head, hands and so on but the overall figure just looks incomplete IMHO, almost like 3A is going out of their way to make sure they don't make any cape and tunic for this figure. If their ironman is any indication, once the sale on bamba is over Doom will be available on other online retailer for $20-$30 cheaper.

I actually dig the armor and cape's design to some degree. I just don't like how there wasn't any attempt at making a tunic at all. I hope they don't screw up Ultron. It's literally just a silver body with a head design that should bear SOME resemblance to the bot's iconic look.

Back