1/6 S-HERO - SH001 Doom Monarch (Doctor Doom)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome!

What clay did you use?

How did you know how far to extend the joints, did you just “eyeball it”?
Thanks! I used magic sculpt from ebay. Its a timed cure resin. I also followed the same length of the mvs body. Put them side by side.

I did an update to the armor. I detqched the knee armor and used elastic bands to attach them to his knees. This way, when hes sitting down, it wont have such a giant gap.

Heres a pic:
1000005095.jpg

Thanks! I used magic sculpt from ebay. Its a timed cure resin. I also followed the same length of the mvs body. Put them side by side.

I did an update to the armor. I detqched the knee armor and used elastic bands to attach them to his knees. This way, when hes sitting down, it wont have such a giant gap.

Heres a pic:
View attachment 681044
He looks amazing!!!

Thanks again to you and @Bgnyc007 for giving fellow members some detailed suggestions.

Did you use glue on the plastic or otherwise prepare the plastic before attaching the clay or did the clay just adhere right to the plastic?

I don’t have the MOS figure so I will probably shoot for making Doom the same height as Endgame Captain America

Last edited:
He looks amazing!!!

Thanks again to you and @Bgnyc007 for giving fellow members some detailed suggestions.

Did you use glue on the plastic or otherwise prepare the plastic before attaching the clay or did the clay just adhere right to the plastic?

I don’t have the MOS figure so I will probably shoot for making Doom the same height as Endgame Captain America
Glad i could help! Im actually doing the mods for a few friends with theirs so im happy to share the knowledge.

No glue or anything since that could get messy. The clay works and holds well. Just need to set it aside and put it in a safe spot as it cures.

Good luck!

Glad i could help! Im actually doing the mods for a few friends with theirs so im happy to share the knowledge.

No glue or anything since that could get messy. The clay works and holds well. Just need to set it aside and put it in a safe spot as it cures.

Good luck!

My Magic Sculp should arrive in the mail in a couple of days 😀
Would you mind telling me tool did you use to cut out the magnet on the neck?

I got a late mail call, from overseas last night. So I did a mod on my Dr. Doom. I used a Worldbox AT012 for the body swap. Mainly because it was pretty tall, and had similar body dimensions so the bodysuit and armor fit pretty well. I was going to use the new AT044, but it was too big.
I removed the neck magnets and opted for a neck adapter, for better height. I trimmed the neck from the neck armor and it slid through onto the AT012 pretty well.
The face magnet appears to be mounted near the nose, so I placed a stronger magnet onto the faceplate, just below the nose, so when it's mounted it rises slightly and sits properly. So now his eyes are visible. It's currently mounted with tack, but I plan on gluing it later.
I added smaller ankle extensions, for just a little more height, and now he's perfectly sized! I took Skull Knight's idea, and detached the knee armor from the shins, and attached them with magnets to the knees. So there isn't a visible gap.
The only problem is the ankles are still weak, even after bolstering them with electrical tape.
Sorry for some slightly blurry pics...but I've been day drinking, and am still suffering from the effects!
😅

Attachments

• DSC01186.JPG
    DSC01186.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC01188.JPG
    DSC01188.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC01189.JPG
    DSC01189.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC01191.JPG
    DSC01191.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC01192.JPG
    DSC01192.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC01193.JPG
    DSC01193.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC01194.JPG
    DSC01194.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC01195.JPG
    DSC01195.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC01196.JPG
    DSC01196.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC01197.JPG
    DSC01197.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 0

Good luck!
Sorry I forgot to ask earlier about how you safely removed the joints from the sockets? I have never done that before and I am worried about breaking something 😂

Sorry I forgot to ask earlier about how you safely removed the joints from the sockets? I have never done that before and I am worried about breaking something 😂
No need to apologize. You can just use a hair dryer to heat up one end of the joint, it'll make it easier to pull it apart. You could also use hot water to soften the plastic.

No need to apologize. You can just use a hair dryer to heat up one end of the joint, it'll make it easier to pull it apart. You could also use hot water to soften the plastic.
Ok thanks, I’ll try that. I was able to remove the lower arms pretty easily but the legs were very stubborn, so I’ll try a hair dryer or hot water tomorrow

Ok so here mine is!

I went ahead and followed the procedure that @Skull Knight was generous enough to share.

It was my first time using clay (Magic Sculpt) but I got the hang of it after not too long and stopped making a mess 😁

At any rate I love this figure now and I have to admit I initially thought this would be a placeholder until the MCU and HT gives us a Dr. Doom. But now I think it would take an incredible design and great execution by HT to convince me to replace this Doom in my collection.

Here are some quick shots, could use some futzing but you get the idea …

Attachments

• 20143F49-5D95-4356-9EF3-5B5E714CCA51.jpeg
    20143F49-5D95-4356-9EF3-5B5E714CCA51.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 738C95ED-976A-408D-ACDF-89B67EE79035.jpeg
    738C95ED-976A-408D-ACDF-89B67EE79035.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • FC43C18B-8761-44A0-887D-E04BDF8FFEAD.jpeg
    FC43C18B-8761-44A0-887D-E04BDF8FFEAD.jpeg
  • 5CAE6494-5EE7-4914-9A64-A5041141FD0A.jpeg
    5CAE6494-5EE7-4914-9A64-A5041141FD0A.jpeg
  • E32ACAA5-5208-44F4-AAE6-CF3DDDC48921.jpeg
    E32ACAA5-5208-44F4-AAE6-CF3DDDC48921.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 6A761367-24A2-48C2-A2EA-20BBE81B1F6D.jpeg
    6A761367-24A2-48C2-A2EA-20BBE81B1F6D.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Thanks!

And thanks so much for your help!

I’m happy with the results but if I had it all to do over again I would commission you to do it. Your work is so clean and precise!

My only dilemma now is whether or not to keep him with the fur on or not?
My pleasure, my friend!

I appreciate the confidence as well!

What a great dilemma you're in, haha! I'd say switch him up with the fur every now and then to keep things fresh. That's what I plan on doing.

When I added height to Doom I used Kit's longest extensions.

That was was fine for making him tall enough, but the more I've looked at him the more his proportions seemed wrong. With that much extra length to his legs the thigh armour had to drop too low to fill the gap, which made the skirt of his tunic appear too short. The skirt was also sinking into his body and then flaring out where it met the armour. To my eyes the long legs made his head look too small as well.

I was tempted to return him to his stock height just so that the thigh armour was in the right place again, but then tested him with the next size down of Kit's extensions. It's a compromise between height and proportions:

IMG_1992.JPG

Back