Doom Eternal Doomslayer - Mondo/Dark Horse Direct

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Up for preorder here. $295.

cig-cozy-gallery-884EJN-DOOM_SLAYER_DHD_PHOTO_DSP_1-xxl.png

cig-cozy-gallery-884SQo-DOOM_SLAYER_DHD_PHOTO_DSP_14-xxl.png

As much as I wanted this character in this specific look, I'm disappointed. It looks more like a detailed repaint of the McFarlane figure than a nearly $300 offering.

They can't even show its full range of motion. No photos of it holding the bigger guns. Now that's suspicious. Get a 1/12 Figma and call it a day.

The rendering of the in-game characters was pretty cartoony, I don't know how much more detail or weathering they could've packed into this without straying from the source material. Having that said, the price tag is ridiculous.

Also can't we get classic Doomguy? Or some demons? Why so many figures of these overdesigned suits?

Figure is only 30.5cm, thought Doom Slayer is supposed to be bigger than this. The hip is also poorly designed because there is a gaping hole that can be seen if you look from the side. An overpriced oversized action figure, pass

Attachments

• 7_afed2b13-ae52-4030-b6f7-cc516abfedaf_1024x1024.jpg
    7_afed2b13-ae52-4030-b6f7-cc516abfedaf_1024x1024.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The rendering of the in-game characters was pretty cartoony, I don't know how much more detail or weathering they could've packed into this without straying from the source material. Having that said, the price tag is ridiculous.

Also can't we get classic Doomguy? Or some demons? Why so many figures of these overdesigned suits?

The rendering was definitely cartoony but there’s no reason the paint on the figure should be. Just look at how poor the weathering on the armor looks for example. They put zero effort into this garbage figure. As others have said it seriously looks like a larger version of Mcfarlanes offering.

Figure is only 30.5cm, thought Doom Slayer is supposed to be bigger than this. The hip is also poorly designed because there is a gaping hole that can be seen if you look from the side. An overpriced oversized action figure, pass
Look at those ankles. The McFarlane figure has better articulation than that. Also, no drawer (butterfly) joints in the shoulders so no way it'll be able to pose holding a two-handed weapon. Practically useless.

Also can't we get classic Doomguy? Or some demons?
'93 Doomguy is way overdue. The closest we got is McFarlane's "Classic" skin Slayer.

McFarlane dropped the ball on demons. You'd think he'd be all over that, but he only made the Marauder.

The line was mostly made up of Slayer repaints. :rolleyes:

I am very happy to see a figure I thought long cancelled see the light of day but also disappointed at A: the paint, B: the size (seems smaller than it should be), C: the articulation and D: the price.

I am happy to see plenty accessories are included. I truly hope this is one of those very rare occasions where the final product is far superior to the prototype with better size and paint at least but I expect the reality will be what we see in these pics is what we will get.

If it fails to sell well maybe they will put it 50% off in clearance... maybe will be more worth it then.

Back