Doom Eternal Doomslayer - Mondo/Dark Horse Direct

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please excuse the terrible photos but:

Here is Mondo slayer next to Sideshow clone for height comparison
20231207_033625.jpg

Then next to Threezero Ultraman Taro
20231207_033645.jpg

So pretty normal height for average 1:6 dude, however, next to the 3A/Threezero one things looks quite inconsistent
20231207_033729.jpg

20231207_033844.jpg

Need to find info on doomguy/slayers height to work out which one is wrong, either Mondo is underscaled or 3A is overscaled. Can't both be correct. Unless we are to assume his size can alter somehow due to mark of the slayer or the height of in game models changed between games... well in my mind they will have to be separate slayers (Doom is a multiverse story after all so I guess there can be multiple variants of the Doomguy)

Size difference extends to chainsaws and other accessories (Mondo on left, 3A on right)
20231207_034033.jpg

20231207_034439.jpg

(Please note I accidentally included the Crysis Nanosuits Typhoon rifle in pic, I was well past bed time already so picked it up in error, I edited the pic to avoid confusion, consider it included for size reference only)
20231207_034628.jpg

The plasma rifle on the mondo one seems to have a small grip but when comparing to other 1:6 gun grips it looks ok, it is just smaller compared to the other included weapons such as the BFG. The grip will be puny in the 3A slayers large hands though.

3A/Threezero one wins in terms of paint and size (I always assumed the slayer was large but could be a misconception, will need to google to see for sure) while Mondo wins in terms of materials (no rubber), articulation (still limited but a little better) and range of accessories (the exclusive has that Lost Soul, 4 pairs hands total, 2 inter hangeable wrist blade attachments, shoulder canon, chainsaw, crucible blade, BFG, assult rifle, super shotgun and plasma rifle vs 3A's 4 total pairs hands, double barrel shotgun, combat shotgun and plasma rifle (edit: and chainsaw. Forgot that)

Last edited:
Reading online the doomslayer seems to have been canonically 6ft tall but recently for Eternal he is depicted a little bit taller. A lot of websites throw 6ft 8 inches as his new height but apparently that may have been due to someone including a pedestal base when measuring a life size statue. If we assume both heights are valid then both figures are correct depending on which height the companies used as reference it seems. So I guess jumping through portals and bearing the mark of the slayer has some weird effects on height/size...

Reading online the doomslayer seems to have been canonically 6ft tall but recently for Eternal he is depicted a little bit taller. A lot of websites throw 6ft 8 inches as his new height but apparently that may have been due to someone including a pedestal base when measuring a life size statue. If we assume both heights are valid then both figures are correct depending on which height the companies used as reference it seems. So I guess jumping through portals and bearing the mark of the slayer has some weird effects on height/size...
Great stuff. Thanks for the useful information and pictures. I think the the figure is likely to be undersized

Attachments

• ce0ez201dnp41.jpg
    ce0ez201dnp41.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 0
I am disappointed with the figure due to the limited articulation, but can he hold the BFG with both hands?

Yes he can!

Attachments

• 20231207_163753.jpg
    20231207_163753.jpg
    706.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231207_163747.jpg
    20231207_163747.jpg
    691.9 KB · Views: 0
I should add that I like the proportions on the Mondo slayer better than the 3A/Threezero one. If it was a smidge bigger I would like it more as I always pictured the slayer as being bigger.

If another company could produce a line of Doom figures with a much higher quality, avoiding the pitfalls of the 2 existing figures and include a complete range of weapons, key cards, and some enemies that would be nice. Also would love classic Doomguy. One day.... if not, I will have to go the 3D print my own custom route.

I should add that I like the proportions on the Mondo slayer better than the 3A/Threezero one. If it was a smidge bigger I would like it more as I always pictured the slayer as being bigger.

If another company could produce a line of Doom figures with a much higher quality, avoiding the pitfalls of the 2 existing figures and include a complete range of weapons, key cards, and some enemies that would be nice. Also would love classic Doomguy. One day.... if not, I will have to go the 3D print my own custom route.
Since we have gotten 1 variant, I really hope we get a OG Doomy Guy. If this goes on sale I will get it but definitely looking forward to a new sculpt.

Wonder if that Plasma Rifle works with the McFarlane and figma Doom Slayers.

Not sure if this is allowed but this figure is also in the Bethesda gear store and you can save 20% when using my Bethesda ambassador code,
BTNUKAC
At checkout!
Code only lasts a week but I can make new ones anytime!
Thanks for this. The figure is currently on sale for $175 with free shipping. Using your code brought it down to $140 shipped.

Not sure if this is allowed but this figure is also in the Bethesda gear store and you can save 20% when using my Bethesda ambassador code,
BTNUKAC
At checkout!
Code only lasts a week but I can make new ones anytime!

Thanks for the coupon! I had every intention of passing on this figure because I have the 3A one already. However, at $148.75 shipped, I couldn't resist.

Back