Action Figure 3A announce (in an offhand way) "STAR WARS ALTERNATE" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rijie78

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ashley Wood just kind of mentions it - 3A - H3ADLINES - March 9, 2015[UNIQID]

"Spent the weekend discussing our upcoming STAR WARS line, which I'll say is gonna be called STAR WARS ALTERNATE for now, that's pretty exciting for me"

Presumably in the vein of the 3A Marvel and (presumably to be previewed soon) DC lines, so it'll be Ash's take on the characters rather than just yet more straightforward representations of them. Also presuming 1/6 scale rather than 1/12, but who knows. Proper announcement to come, sez they.

Maybe they just obtained a license to do more of these sorts of things?

wjvLblo.jpg

I know years ago they tried to do awesome, 1/12 scale, clothed figures, but weren't able to obtain the license. Maybe this will happen now:

*Review* 3A’s SDCC 2011 Action Portable Boba Fett (prototype) |

I'm not sure I'd buy this, but I really love Stormtroopers and it's interesting to see an urban art take on them.

Those figures are ugly. As for the Fett in the link, it looks awesome. Not sure if i would want 1:12 scale clothed figures though when I have the 1/6th figures.

With the way 3A is currently going Id be more concerned about the amount of dog collars and dildos Ash would incorporate into his "designs".

With the way 3A is currently going Id be more concerned about the amount of dog collars and dildos Ash would incorporate into his "designs".

This obviously isn't the thread for me! ('runs for the exit').

....I always love it when Star Wars stuff comes out that I have ZERO desire to purchase. Seriously, I personally hate the internal drama when something comes a long I feel I have to have.

I would have been more exited by this before the Marvel line he did became such a disappointment. We have only seen two releases so far and they both have been sub-par. And I like Ashley's stuff. It's like his imagination short circuits when it's applied to licensed characters.

Artwork in the latest 3A newsletter seems to confirm that the Tomorrow Kings posted above is part of the Star Wars Alternate line.

unnamed.jpg

So... I am almost an exclusive 3a collector.
I have an entire room of 3a.
I don't have anything star wars in my collection.
But I also just flipped out when I saw the new play arts kai figures coming out. It was total love on site.
The PAK designs just won me over in an instant. I'm getting them all. They were so good looking, it reached out beyond normal star wars Collectors to people who just love great designs.
Then I saw these...... Ummmmm.
Ash, I know you love star wars, but, um, WTF.
I left my gold rapper chains on the table in the late 80s.
Way to much urban hip hop nonsense going on here... Its actually difficult to look at. And I'm one who actually liked his Iron man design.
But this is star wars sacrilege...
I was expecting a dirty weathered armored look, like something from destiny or some future dystopian comic book.
What we got was something from mtv raps... Where's the turn table accessory?
Perhaps some thick gold chains, and some spray cans for tagging.

Here's a test... If you added a pair of big oversized headphones with each figure, would it.

A. Look appropriate?
Or
B. Look out of place?

If A.... Scrap the design and start over.
Eeek.

Back