Action Figure 2017: Your Star Wars figure collecting resolutions!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My resolution is to stop impulse buys. I need to accept that even if it's cool, if it's not a part of the focus, it doesn't get bought. I've bought and purged so many times, it really does irritate me. I want the original SW Kenner 20, but even now, I have old Luke on order and want Resistance Rey to go with him, then Jedi Luke, and I'm off focus again. If Tarkin comes out, I'm off focus again, so I'm gonna try some discipline this year. We'll see how it goes. Definite buys are Death Star Trooper and Gonks. Then it's Walrus Man and Snags to finish 1/6, unless someone does a Death Star Droid to upgrade the Hasbro one.

Yes, I'm finishing up the 1/6 12 back run with the Death Star Trooper. I'm very happy with Sideshow R2D2, C3PO, Jawas and Tusken Raider (albeit with reservations as to build quality), so no need to really consider a HT R2D2 (unless it looks incredible) or HT C3PO (as I don't care for the TFA-accurate extra bulk).

For me personally, expanding to a 1/6 20 (or 21) back run would be simply too cost prohibitive. But then I doubt we'll see a Walrusman or Snaggletooth any time soon, as Sideshow's focus is seemingly now upon ESB, and the market prices for Sideshow Hammerhead and Greedo are now just silly. I'd love to do it, but I have to draw the line somewhere. :(

Give me HT or SS Tarkin or Count Dooku and I'm good. That's it.

I'm going to try to stick with finishing the bounty hunter line up. I've got IG-88, 4-LOM, Bossk, and Dengar all on PO. Gonna get the Snow Trooper too and MAYBE the rogue one Vader.

...............My collecting goals every year begin with becoming a minimalist but usually end with me wasting an obnoxious amount of money on a bunch of wonderful plastic crap.

No real change. Just buy what I like, no need to have it all, most importantly try not to be lured in by Sideshow figures and stick with hot toys (obviously a few exceptions since I have all the bounty hunters on order).

I'm trying to stay high and tight with SW.

Deluxe Jyn
K2SO
Hopefully Cassian
Hopefully Hoth Leia
Hopefully McGregor Obi-Wan

Troops will fall to the side. If I get a sale to get a Shore or Deluxe Deathtrooper, so be it. If no, no worries.

...most importantly try not to be lured in by Sideshow figures and stick with hot toys (obviously a few exceptions since I have all the bounty hunters on order).

I've just relented and embraced Sideshow for robots and aliens. Build quality (and pricing) notwithstanding, the SS ANH stuff fits seamlessly with Hot Toys. I'm happy that HT are debuting ANH Death Star personnel, because I really couldn't bring myself to buy the old Sideshow Imperials figures (due to the head sculpts), although their Greedo and Hammerhead are fantastic. Be nice if Hot Toys offered up some Rebel Commanders (Tantive IV style), as (short of Tarkin) that would provide a pretty definitive ANH line.

I was planning on "just" getting Jyn and K2S0 for my Rogue One collection but got bit by the Rogue bug and just placed the BeachTrooper and the Two Trooper set on pre-order... :gah:

BeachTrooper is unique enough to join the Imperial ranks. I've been hesitant on the Two Trooper set for some time but noticed that they were quickly selling out just about everywhere so placed a pre-order on them so I won't regret passing on them later. The deluxe Death Trooper will definitely get ordered eventually as well...

Back