SSF 2014 Spring Custom/Kitbash Figure Challenge! Winner Announced!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
Greetings!!!

The people have spoken and the theme for the first custom/kitbash figure challenge of 2014 is Re-Imagining of a Character!!! It's a pretty broad category, so really any genre or character is fair game, you just need a unique take on him.

Just like last time, the rules for this are simple:
1. The figure(s) shown must be fit in the current theme, and only one entry per member!

2. The figure has to be something you worked on, either full-on custom, kitbashed or massively upgraded. No posting a complete work you bought from someone else :monkey3

3.The custom work must be new, not something you made last year or week, hence the "challenge" part of getting it done in 30 days

4. The deadline for submissions is 11:59pm CST March 31st, 2014.

5. Teaser images are highly encouraged, but no full figures until 3 days before the deadline.

6. This is meant to be fun, so let's be helpful and encouraging to one another. This isn't about who makes the best figure, but members getting involved and having a good time!!! With that in mind the winner will be randomly selected from all completed entries!

7. The winner of the previous contest will be ineligible to win the current contest.

And now most importantly...

THE PRIZE!!!
Sideshow Collectibles:
Darth Malgus
Graciously donated by Sideshow Collectibles!!!

malgus_zpsc5722e6c.jpg

After the cut-off date one completed figure (submitted during the 3 day window) will win the prize.

The winning entry will be randomly selected and announced on or about April 1st (no fool's day jokes, I promise), 2014!!!

If you are interested in participating please post here and I'll add you're name to the list :duff
(however you can still submit an entry if not on the list, I just like an idea of how many are working on figures)

1) galactiboy (not eligible to win)
2) Hungerdnrc
3) F_seb
4) TurdFerguson
5) JMW326
6) Mando
7) siquisiri
8) Olivier-11-34
9) jankatana
10) spiderrogue
11) Alstair
12) SpaceGladiator
13)

Last edited:
Re: SSF 2014 Spring Custom/Kitbash Figure Challenge! Re-Imagining of a Character!!!

Hell yeah I'm in, got a pretty decent idea brewin'. :rock

Re: SSF 2014 Spring Custom/Kitbash Figure Challenge! Re-Imagining of a Character!!!

I hope to finish mine for the deadine.

Yeah! My idea won! What do I win?

Also this is really cool that you started this custom challenge series. Is there anyway that I or anyone else can set up the contest next time. I understand the person who sits out is not eligible to win but maybe a random drawing of who sits out could be done. I was thinking about this in terms of fairness. If this is something we wanted to do, I'd happily sit the next one out, no problem. I just feel bad that you set this up, make/buy/paint/sculpt your entry and I you can't even win.

Very interesting. I may have to break out my box of parts and see what I can do.

Yep. Add me to the list. I'm in.

Last edited:

I'm in, and I like Turd's idea as well. Its cool of you to host this, GB, but you should be able to enjoy the spoils just as much as us.

Last edited:

Thanks guys, but no worries... I'm happy to host these and I've won my fair share of stuff from Sideshow and the board over the years. Anyway, as the one restarting these I'd feel kind of weird if I won.

But, the thought is appreciated and it's just another example of the cool community we have here :rock

So I had an idea and started working on this today. Here is a little teaser.
Yes it was meant to be blurry.
1393806121_zps77558299.jpg

Looks like you're going warp speed on this one.

Going to skip this one :( my job is crazy at the min, good luck everybody can’t wait to see them!

Aww... Bummer, hopefully you can get in on the next one.

I find the lack of teasers disturbing.

480cf199-571a-47be-b2bf-9d9ad4f42520_zps67d0cf79.jpg

teaser_zpsc22c0544.jpg

Moving right along... I got some pieces in today so i can start a bit of work. Admittedly my idea is still only about half baked, but I think it will come together at the end :rock

Hope to see all customs finished :)

I'm a the end of the sculpt, some details and it's done. After that, I will work on his accessories. If everythng is good, it will be done next week.

Just, why are there not more guys in this challenge??? I mean re-imagining a character is easier than have a perfect accuracy, and you can do all you want like waht you think about the character.
Come on guys !!

I'm surprised by the lack of participants as well... seems like a fun one :huh

Back