2010 year of the PS3.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in GT5 is it at all possible to tune your car in any way? my dad just got a ps3 for xmas and cant for the life of him figure it out, and you could in the others

Oh hell yes. GT are pioneers in this for gaming. Forza is lame sauce compared to the GT series.

Games aside The PS3 should be compatible for a Blu-Ray 3D upgrade and that for me is why it's an excellent future proof purchase.

You mean we'll need some sort of hardware plug-in to get 3D? Or it can all be done via software update?

It'd be really cool if we could get 3D via a software update. Though even then won't you need a 3D TV?

You mean we'll need some sort of hardware plug-in to get 3D? Or it can all be done via software update?

It'd be really cool if we could get 3D via a software update. Though even then won't you need a 3D TV?

not neccesarily, its just how the image is distorted and the glasses rearange it to make it appear 3D

I have both systems. I definitely get more use out of the PS3. Sure the games are slowly on the rise for PS3 but it's still the best home entertainment system in my house. My xbox360 is picking up dust at the moment. Maybe when Bayonetta comes out I'll use my xbox360 again.

But awayz, lets talk toys and collectibles.

I own the three major systems. I bought the three of them the same day I bought my PS3 which was on launch day. When there is a multi platform game I always choose the PS3. The other two are collecting dust. Also Netflix I watch on the PS3, I don't want to pay $50 for Live.

Luis

I own the three major systems. I bought the three of them the same day I bought my PS3 which was on launch day. When there is a multi platform game I always choose the PS3. The other two are collecting dust. Also Netflix I watch on the PS3, I don't want to pay $50 for Live.

Luis

Not to turn this into a flame war but I would rather pay for Live then use that POS PSN....I hate the playstation network...it is a such a piece of ????. I always get my games for xbox if they are on both. Built in netflix for the win...not playstation being lazy with their crappy disc you have to insert.

I recon it will be a quite year for Xbox 360, because I honestly think that Natal is Microsoft's next console, and not just an add on for the 360 itself.
Most of the exclusives for Microsoft will be gearing up for its release most likely in 2011

Not to turn this into a flame war but I would rather pay for Live then use that POS PSN....I hate the playstation network...it is a such a piece of ????. I always get my games for xbox if they are on both. Built in netflix for the win...not playstation being lazy with their crappy disc you have to insert.

Well, I don't play online so there goes Live for me. As far as Netflix, I don't mind inserting the disc until Sony releases the new update.

Luis

You get a lot of bang for your buck with the PS3. You cannot call Sony lazy with regard to the PS3. It's a beast.

But he online service is free. Not an online player so I am jot bothered. But with the upgrade to 3D next year and future upgrades all the time the PS3 is here to stay.

I would suggest that it is the game designers who are being lazy. Any games I have played on the PS3 have been pretty sweet.

But he online service is free. Not an online player so I am jot bothered. But with the upgrade to 3D next year and future upgrades all the time the PS3 is here to stay.

I would suggest that it is the game designers who are being lazy. Any games I have played on the PS3 have been pretty sweet.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Luis

Biggest fail statement in this thread, as your whole message is filled with flame-bait :lol. The one reason why I got a PS3 instead of a 360, was because of the free service offered by PSN. I play online a lot (especially on Uncharted and MW2), and the PSN works fine. There are always a lot of players online, and my connection to the PSN is always stable during gameplay.

Plus, if my PS3 ever craps out on me, and I have to send it in for repairs, I won't be paying Live fees (for a few unused months) while waiting for Sony to return my system.

In my opinion, online play should always be free (regardless of the system). But, that's just me.

Last edited:
yeah i have never had a problem with PSN, my brother has live and he gets dropped from games sometimes, not too often but sometimes, i never do, all the proof i need :lol

Built in netflix for the win...not playstation being lazy with their crappy disc you have to insert.

Actually its more of MS having a rights to it built into their OS (Do you call it an operating system??). Sony has already made a statement that they are going to have it built into XMB sometime next year. I'm guessing that's when MS' patent runs out.

Having both the 360 and PS3 I can say both have advantages and disadvantages. For online play, the 360 is the superior service. Free online action does not mean SMOOTH online action.....And when more than double the fanboys buy a game for the 360 than the PS3, you have some advantage by plaing the version with MILLIONS more online

Having both the 360 and PS3 I can say both have advantages and disadvantages. For online play, the 360 is the superior service. Free online action does not mean SMOOTH online action.....And when more than double the fanboys buy a game for the 360 than the PS3, you have some advantage by plaing the version with MILLIONS more online

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I've never experienced any significant problems when playing online games on my PS3. There is the occasional lag here and there (which is expected when playing online), but nothing even remotely terrible as to ruin my gameplay experience.

While it's true that there are millions of more players on X-Box Live, it's not possible for a single person to play against so many people :lol. Most of the games that I play are set to team death-match, with 10 to 20 people. So, in the lifetime of my online gaming experience on the PSN, I'd probably meet several thousand different players.

The Playstaion Network does what it was meant to do. And for a free service, it does it exceptionally well.

Back