Media List Your Top 5 Most Disappointing Games!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blaustein comes off as bitter no doubt, but he's also the only man who has a direct involvement with Kojima and isn't afraid to open the closet of skeletons so I do trust his info. Everybody who knows Kojima on a personal level were always secretive as to his true personality and therefore we fans know him by his legend that's buld up around him. As a person, Kojima has an unhealthy ego and genuinely thinks he's a man who could do no wrong, which inevitably made his craft suffer.

Now don't get me wrong- since you're new here, I'm a HUGE MGS nut, at least I was one. I lived and breathed MGS and for the longest time I worshiped Kojima. That all changed slowly and surely when I started noticing he's barely the man he's made out to be and I don't think many MGS games except MGS1, 2 and some of the spinoffs were actually any good. You're
gonna notice very quickly that every single person on SSF who hates the man used to worship him. We're like ex-members of a cult. :lol

And we're not even bringing up Tomokazu ***ushima yet, the man who is in some circles believed to be the person who actually wrote the actual good stuff in the series, whom apparently disappeared off the face of the earth. But yeah, you could probably talk about it in the designated MGS thread. :lol

I was also a Metal Gear fanatic but never worshipped Kojima as others did. Growing up, I guess I primarily focussed on the games themselves. Having said that, I'm not a stranger to Kojima's ego and that's even without having investigated the series' background in depth. Judging by what little I have read over the years, I can't say that I'm a fan.

But yes, I won't deviate any further from the topic at hand. :lol

Why Outbreak 2? I'll admit aside from the RPD and maybe the Subway, the maps are dull.

I totally understand why you got 0 on there though.

Mechanics of the game felt lifeless

Like it wasn't a RE game more like Silent Hill

Halo 2 - developers pretty much ruined everything I loved.

JSRF - turned it into a platformer rather than a level based action game. Also changed way too many mechanics.

Amped 3 - screwed up one of the all time great snowboarding sims

Rainbow Six Seige - Take an awesome game and change it back to its older generic self, nix customization and choice of levels and modes. Get rid of story mode so new players dont know what theyre missing.

5. Pretty much everything movie/tv related I ever played... except for Goldeneye, Ductales and Aladdin

Final Fantasy XV

I waited for 10 yrs for this game, a portion of which actively searching for any shred of news or development updates. When the final product came I was taken back by how bad the game truly was. I got about 20 hours in the bland and lifeless world, when I was given a quest to gather 5 red frogs WTF!!?? Every about Versus XIII was gone including the dark, violent, and mature story. Boy Band simulator confirmed.

The Game Known As Metal Gear Solid V (It's Not)

What can I say.... The removal of David Hayter, reduced custcenes that inspired and remained a staple of all the other games, diminshed boss fights, a ****ing parasite that can kill based on language, ohh and diminishing Solid Snakes accomplishments by making it not Big Boss.... **** this game

Dragon Age Inquisition

Not necessarily a bad game, but by god was the world lifeless. The cities if you can call them that had almost no quests to be given or completed, no interactions with NPC'S, and nothing to do but shuffle to your next plot point. The Story was unforgiveable considering the lore and depth of the original, I mean how lackluster of a villain/final battle can you provide?

Horizon Zero Dawn

The game is beautiful and the main story is quite interesting, considering its their first attempt at something like this, I would say good job. The game lacks in any side quests that have any importance or emotional depth, outside of encountering a new enemy the open world did not have any sense of discovery or mystery excluding cauldrons and main mission locales. Game becomes very repetitive and I found my self asking why continue.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Yes not released, I just know they will **** it up. I really hope to be flat out wrong but its Square Enix.

I'm more concerned about the music. FFVII's soundtrack is such a work of art, it would be blasphemous to change it. But I'm sure they will. :lol

Also, is FF15 really that bad? I had it on my radar but it seems the hype died really quick.. :slap

Back