Media List Your Top 5 Most Disappointing Games!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol The game isn't perfect but I feel like its imperfections are more indicative of the time at which it was released than blunders where story, characters, etc. are concerned. It's a bit corny at times and its localization leaves something to be desired, but it really is a remarkable game.

Are you aware of the story about the sole translator, Agness Kaku whom went trough hell to finish the game, with no assistance by Konami or Kojima?

You all are going to freak but... Metal Gear Rising Revengance. Would have way rather gotten what was originally shown with an attempt to fill in the gap of MGS2 Raiden and MGS4.

I love MGR, but I'm pretty sure it's not for everyone. :lol

Game would've probably just felt like a budget MGS with shoddy mechanics if they didn't give it to Platinum.

Are you aware of the story about the sole translator, Agness Kaku whom went trough hell to finish the game, with no assistance by Konami or Kojima?

I wasn't but I just looked into it. It was an interesting read, and one that has reshaped my outlook on the game's localization. I mean, I love the game and accepted its faults years ago, but now with the knowledge of what its localization entailed, I'm both sympathetic toward Agness Kaku and impressed by the quality of the game given the resources she had. She's definitely a pro.

Fester's Quest (NES)
- I dint have a clue what was going on and the difficulty level was too high for me.

Gravity Rush (Vita)
- it didn't live up to the hype for me. Entertaining for a week then never went back to it.

The Evil Within (PS4)
- I became stuck at an early stage. I'm not a big fan of stealth and waiting.

Battlefield 4 (PS4)
- massive maps with no players in them. Didn't return to FPS war games until BF1 (which lasted 3 weeks for me).

Anarchy Reigns (Xbox 360)
- I never found my feet with this game. Didn't get far at all. Didn't find things to do or figure out what to do !

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I wasn't but I just looked into it. It was an interesting read, and one that has reshaped my outlook on the game's localization. I mean, I love the game and accepted its faults years ago, but now with the knowledge of what its localization entailed, I'm both sympathetic toward Agness Kaku and impressed by the quality of the game given the resources she had. She's definitely a pro.

If you mean the Hardcore 101 interview, the yeah that's it. It's a miracle the game turned out comprehensible as it is, as a lesser translator would have just half assed the job and call it a day. The worst part about it is that MGS fans tend to despise Agness and even Kojima's ex MGS4 buddy, Ryan Payton at one point criticized her work.

If if you think she's an isolated case, then look no further than Jeremy Blaustein, the MGS1 translator who got fired by Kojima for "fixing" the localization and shared all the dirty little Kojima secrets in a long but worthwhile interview:

As its been brought up on this page, The Evil Within. Character controls like a bus, ****** aiming. Giant cases with ONE bullet? A story that you can kinda make out whats going on, but its all based on assuming by whats presented.

And the ps2 Syphon filter games. Syphon filter on ps1 was badass. I liked it more than metal gear. Then it went to ps2, and we had to use a create a wrestler in ****** missions.

I'm sure I'll think of more, but these are the most recent offenders.

Destiny -- Ugh. Just ugh.

Star Wars Battlefront -- partly my fault for thinking I'd be ok with it not having a single player campaign. I wasn't ok with it. :lol

Batman Arkham Knight -- solely due to the over-reliance on the Batmobile, everything else was fine

Sonic 06

destiny- can't believe people actually want a second game

resident evil 6 - what **** fest.

halo 5- horrible story

mass effect 3- no words.

Destiny... perplexed me. Great shooting mechanics. But then the repetitive nature of grinding the same missions repeatedly and struggling with no match making setup for raid's took its toll on me.
Not to mention the cost of stupidly buying into each DLC release individually stung me over £100, I thought the game might be better after each DLC. Definitely not buying into Destiny 2.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

For Honor. Actually the game is great but ubisoft screwed up. I feel stupid spend money on it.

Mighty no 9. Become backer and not receive any code for download. Pirated it because curiosity, drop it after play for half hour. **** this mess.

Diablo 3 launch. Horrible server, dumbed down mechanic, the game need DRM even playing singleplayer and those auction store. Already vast much better now but launch just horrible.

SFV. Need I say more? Rushed barebone launch, awful server, characters that should be in game are in DLC pass, overpriced skins, slow update. The game mechanic feels wrong and so dumbed down.

ME:Andromeda. Dissapointment for sure, the gameplay actually feels kinda nice but everything else just let down.

Civilization 6; I bought it because I believe Firaxis but this game is kinda piece of crap compared previous installment. Leaders become DLC, mechanic just ugh..., AI just really bad, graphic and artstyle gave me headache.

For Honor. Actually the game is great but ubisoft screwed up. I feel stupid spend money on it.

Mighty no 9. Become backer and not receive any code for download. Pirated it because curiosity, drop it after play for half hour. **** this mess.

Diablo 3 launch. Horrible server, dumbed down mechanic, the game need DRM even playing singleplayer and those auction store. Already vast much better now but launch just horrible.

SFV. Need I say more? Rushed barebone launch, awful server, characters that should be in game are in DLC pass, overpriced skins, slow update. The game mechanic feels wrong and so dumbed down.

ME:Andromeda. Dissapointment for sure, the gameplay actually feels kinda nice but everything else just let down.

Civilization 6; I bought it because I believe Firaxis but this game is kinda piece of crap compared previous installment. Leaders become DLC, mechanic just ugh..., AI just really bad, graphic and artstyle gave me headache.

I learned my lesson with SFIV. It makes my stomach turn the direction they've taken the series.

What's your opinion on Tekken?

I think it's the only fighting game worth a damn. I think it's gotten a little flashy in some respects, but I still feel it's still true to what it always was. My wife is a big fan of the series and I'll probably buy 7 next month and get another controller.

I'd love a high end Jin and Kazuya in 1/6.

If you mean the Hardcore 101 interview, the yeah that's it. It's a miracle the game turned out comprehensible as it is, as a lesser translator would have just half assed the job and call it a day. The worst part about it is that MGS fans tend to despise Agness and even Kojima's ex MGS4 buddy, Ryan Payton at one point criticized her work.

If if you think she's an isolated case, then look no further than Jeremy Blaustein, the MGS1 translator who got fired by Kojima for "fixing" the localization and shared all the dirty little Kojima secrets in a long but worthwhile interview:

Damn, I had no idea. I'll definitely be giving this interview a listen. Thanks!

Damn, I had no idea. I'll definitely be giving this interview a listen. Thanks!

Blaustein comes off as bitter no doubt, but he's also the only man who has a direct involvement with Kojima and isn't afraid to open the closet of skeletons so I do trust his info. Everybody who knows Kojima on a personal level were always secretive as to his true personality and therefore we fans know him by his legend that's buld up around him. As a person, Kojima has an unhealthy ego and genuinely thinks he's a man who could do no wrong, which inevitably made his craft suffer.

Now don't get me wrong- since you're new here, I'm a HUGE MGS nut, at least I was one. I lived and breathed MGS and for the longest time I worshiped Kojima. That all changed slowly and surely when I started noticing he's barely the man he's made out to be and I don't think many MGS games except MGS1, 2 and some of the spinoffs were actually any good. You're
gonna notice very quickly that every single person on SSF who hates the man used to worship him. We're like ex-members of a cult. :lol

And we're not even bringing up Tomokazu ***ushima yet, the man who is in some circles believed to be the person who actually wrote the actual good stuff in the series, whom apparently disappeared off the face of the earth. But yeah, you could probably talk about it in the designated MGS thread. :lol

Last edited:
Both Jeremy Blaustein and Agnes Kaku both have some very legitimate complaints about their respected involvements in the series, especially about Kojima's lack of involvement (or interest) in English localizations of MGS 1 and 2. That said, it's pretty glaring, that the more Kojima isn't involved in his own projects, they often turn out for the better :lol.

Back