2010 year of the PS3.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? Geez, I start a thread about how the PS3 will have the best year, the best line up, the best exclusive titles and people just flame it and post smart ass remarks and how much greater the 360 games are, though they are not. I can go in the 2010 360 thread and mention the PS3 having the best year ever and get kicked in the mud, but yet everyone can come in here through their crap around they they don't stink?

Trust me guys I own both systems, PS3 will own 2010 as it did 2009. The sheer number of better exclusive titles this year and last year is laughable when compared to the 360's line up. GOTY on 360? Assassin's Creed, yeah PS3 has that. GOTY on PS3, Uncharted 2, ya they don't have that. Get my point? All of the best games on the 360 in 2009, the PS3 had. All of the best games on the PS3 the 360 didn't have thus, double the games for those PS3 owners. If you have both consoles it's a win/win. But the amount of disrespect the PS3 gets from all these blind 360 fanboys is ridiculous.

I fail to see that anything you listed will make the PS3 a better year than the 360. Heck out of all the games you listed that were "instant classics" for 2009 I only bought Uncharted 2 and Infamous. And Infamous was crap. Out of all the games you said were coming out that would be good for just the PS3, God of War and The Last Guardian are the only ones that look to be anything that will really wow anyone.

The 360 has a greater line up of games coming out than the PS3 in my opinion. Halo Reach, Splinter Cell, Mass Effect 2, Crackdown 2, Alan Wake. See how easily the door swings the other way?

I honestly don't see the reason you started this thread other than to start ????.

I own both systems and I bought far more 360 games in 2009 than I did for the PS3. It looks like 2010 will be the same. The PS3 has some good games but the same exact thing can be said for the 360. They are both equal. Both have bad and both have good. This thread is fail because it is just meant to start ????.

While everyone is arguing about PS3 and 360 and which is better, etc. I'd like to point out that the Nintendo Wii poops on both when it comes to worldwide sales and net income from sales. So blah. :lol

2010 will be the year of VIDEOGAME BUYERS and NINTENDO.

Videogame Buyers: Because we'll be able to play some great games on BOTH the 360 and PS3.

And..

Nintendo: Because Nintendo is the only console manufacturer currently making actual net profits.

:D

I have a Wii and once again it was down to Mario to be the only game worth buying. As for Multiplatforms? No thanks

I have an Xbox too and last year was weak with only Left for Dead 2 showing strong in the Exclusives. Halo ODST was disappointing IMO. Plus 2010 Xbox has some good exclusives but they just look to be sequels, not a bad thing I guess, but Where are the Hard Rain's and The Last Guardian's?

I have a PS3 and that had only had two great Exclusives, Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2. As for the latter, it's a shame that it did not do as well as it should have. (PS3 owners only have themselves to blame for that)
Infamous was good but had no replay factor.

2010 looks like a great year for PS3 exclusives but will PS3 owners get behind them?

Really? Geez, I start a thread about how the PS3 will have the best year, the best line up, the best exclusive titles and people just flame it and post smart ass remarks and how much greater the 360 games are, though they are not. I can go in the 2010 360 thread and mention the PS3 having the best year ever and get kicked in the mud, but yet everyone can come in here through their crap around they they don't stink?

Difference is that you went into the 360 thread that was created to discuss the 360 exclusives and compare them to what the 360 has had to date. Your first post in that thread was flamebait that had no purpose other than to turn it into a VS. thread despite claiming otherwise.
"I'd say PS3 has the stronger 2010 line up, just as PS3 had the better 2009 line up."

as i mentioned earlier, i own both systems too but to me it depends on the game. i personally like to play fps on my 360, i feel more comfortable playing shooters with the 360 controller really and more action games like gta 4 and infamous on my ps3 because the controller too.....wierd, i know! but both are imo, excellent systems. plus i'll probably never miss out on an exclusive title for either!

Bottom line for me: there are titles available on both that I could never walk away from, thus I have em all. For the PS3, I am super pumped for GOW III and Heavy Rain; of course, still playing the heck out of Uncharted 2....!!!!

yeah, really looking forward to gow3, heavy rain, and the last guardian. heavy rain reminds me alot of indigo prophecy.

I'd say 360 has the stronger 2010 line up, just as 360 had the better 2009 line up.

You can play games on the PS3 :confused:

Honestly, I don't think it really matters who has the strongest lineup. That, like most things, depends on who you ask. The 360 players will undoubtedly mention games like Gears 3, and Halo: Reach, while pointing to 2010 as being the "best year" for the system. While the Sony diehards will hail GOW III, along with the assortment of cross-platform games, that will make it a great year for the PS3. People should just be content with the products that they purchased, and stop trying to criticize the product from the "other team" :lol. Everyone has their own reasons for choosing one system over the other, and to argue about which system is better leads to a very moot discussion.

I'm glad that Sony is doing as well it has so far. I remember back in 2007 when people were willing to write the system off as a failure. Since then Sony has made enormous strides to lower to cost of their systems, and produce more exclusive titles. Exclusives like Infamous, Uncharted 2, and Ratchet and Clank really helped PS3 sales this year, and I believe that Sony will have another great year in 2010.

In any case, it's good that things have been heating up between Sony and Microsoft. More competition, leads to bigger price drops for the consumer, which benefits everyone!

Last edited:
I'd say 360 has the stronger 2010 line up, just as 360 had the better 2009 line up.

You can play games on the PS3 :confused:

That's just Fanboy talk

Top Exclusives due for Xbox in 2010

Mass effect 2
Halo Reach
Crackdown 2
Fabel 3
Splinter Cell Conviction
Great games I'm sure, and I will most likely be picking up 3 of those, but where is the originality?

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl PS3....360!!! you guys all suck!!
Clearly The best system of this year & the Best system of next year is

Nintendo_wii_40_Acces.bmp

NUFF SAID!

That's just Fanboy talk

Top Exclusives due for Xbox in 2010

Mass effect 2
Halo Reach
Crackdown 2
Fabel 3
Splinter Cell Conviction
Great games I'm sure, and I will most likely be picking up 3 of those, but where is the originality?

although I prefer my xbox for playing games I'm not excited for any of those games. :lol

That's the thing.
Both sides argue who's best, but when it comes down to it most of us buy Multiplatform Games. With the exception of maybe Xbox's Halo and Gears and God Of War and Uncharted for PS3

Very true, Dino. In my entire PS3 collection, I only have five exclusive games (Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, God of War Collection and Ratchet and Clank), while all of my other games are multiplatform. So, that said, in general, PS3 and 360 players play the same games. Different consoles, same games :rotfl.

I fail to see that anything you listed will make the PS3 a better year than the 360. Heck out of all the games you listed that were "instant classics" for 2009 I only bought Uncharted 2 and Infamous. And Infamous was crap. Out of all the games you said were coming out that would be good for just the PS3, God of War and The Last Guardian are the only ones that look to be anything that will really wow anyone.

The 360 has a greater line up of games coming out than the PS3 in my opinion. Halo Reach, Splinter Cell, Mass Effect 2, Crackdown 2, Alan Wake. See how easily the door swings the other way?

I honestly don't see the reason you started this thread other than to start ????.

I own both systems and I bought far more 360 games in 2009 than I did for the PS3. It looks like 2010 will be the same. The PS3 has some good games but the same exact thing can be said for the 360. They are both equal. Both have bad and both have good. This thread is fail because it is just meant to start ????.

See the difference is I actually listed good games. And Infamous was awesome, not my fault your taste in games suck.

Halo reach, no interest. Splinter Cell...whose cared about them for years? Mass Effect 2..first one sucked. Crackdown...who cares? Alan Wake...zzzzzz.

Difference is that you went into the 360 thread that was created to discuss the 360 exclusives and compare them to what the 360 has had to date. Your first post in that thread was flamebait that had no purpose other than to turn it into a VS. thread despite claiming otherwise.
"I'd say PS3 has the stronger 2010 line up, just as PS3 had the better 2009 line up."

Flame bait is just said to get a rise out of people...what I said was cold hard fact.

Back