12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you use the Dragon uniform as well? I was surprised how well it fit on the muscular 3.5 body. Belt rides a little high because of the shoulder straps, but otherwise perfect fit. I still need the rocket launcher though, can't wait to see what you've done there.

Yep. Used many of the same Dragon uniform pieces that you did, though I made some alterations to make the jacket more screen-accurate (I removed the gold trim around the color and added shoulder boards). And I too was surprised to see that it fit the 3.5 muscle body. I was scared there for a bit. :lol

The rocket launcher is coming along. It's almost a total custom job. I used parts from different 1/6 rocket launchers, other random pieces of plastic (such as as a coffee stirrer, believe it or not) and I'm still sculpting parts of it. I can't wait to see how it turns out, either. ;)

Kevin, it was great to hear you talk about the cut & sew for Indy. So glad that you did your homework on the costume and are aware of the minor differences between the jackets from movie to movie. I'm one of those geeks who keeps tabs about the exact length of each and the size of the pockets. Interesting that you at least considered real leather and glad that you went with the cotton lining and not satin. Kudos also on getting the gas mask bag details in there. I'm SO happy you went with a scale zipper - even though it's not an accurate nickel color :D

I personally would like even more details about the process, the things that didn't work, the challenges in sewing the materials, really any info you could give about the process and the patterns. Thanks!

AWESOME:

3905_press01-001.jpg

3905_press03-001.jpg

3905_press06-001.jpg

39051_press02-001.jpg

39051_press03-001.jpg

I'm gonna get this figure for sure when it released.

Well, thanks to Irish and TheObsoleteMan, I've most of my German Soldier disguise Indy gear. Haven't gotten a hat yet, but gonna hold off on that for now. I'm using a Hot Toys body because I had one lyin around, just gotta get him some feet.

I'm curious to see what you guys put together. After getting everything on the body for muck up look I'm really excited about completing it! Thanks for the inspiration guys!!! :rock

i wanna know what type of german soldiers you guys are gunna use to battle indy. I need to see what they have as far as dragon and hot toys germans they have at my next toy show.

Ugh don't say four months because I need to get that extra $300 from the good ole Government so I can make sure I got my TF orders covered. :lol

Interesting, never seen those before... but it looks like there's a mid calf and forearm joint? That would make no sense... unless maybe you can swap them out.

Well there ya have it... thats kinda cool. Wonder how durable they are, resistant to floppy limbs and what not.

this wassssss gunna be my first SSC fig. then i saw ANH Obi-Wan at hastings for $55.

oh well. still lookin forward to indy!

This looks great, September cannot get here fast enough.

Can't wait to see how the new body is in hand. Well worth the hincreased price.

Hope the Joe's have the same quality to them.

Back