12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know we talked about it but how hard do we think it will be to make a Dr. Jones figure from the Giles figure?

I know we talked about it but how hard do we think it will be to make a Dr. Jones figure from the Giles figure?

I think it'd be rather easy. The two trickiest parts would be the glasses (the style that Giles wears is not at all the same) and the fact that Indy is clean-shaven in those scenes, which would require a repaint for authenticity.

Otherwise, the Giles suit should work just fine.

Is the stubble actually part of the sculpt? I know that the original unpainted sculpt we saw looked cleanshaven. The main problem, though, is that the Indy head won't fit on the Giles body.

I'm just assuming the stubble is part of the sculpt, it usually is.

the stubble is, it was on the unpainted proto head. I like the look of the Hasbro Cairo swordsman, much moreso than their other 12in figures, and since he was only in the movie for 10 seconds I'd rather not have to pay $90 from SSC to get him. And since Obsolete Man was totally right about the outfit, it wouldn't be hard to buy an extra to use as a custom.

I wish the other Hasbro 12in figs had this much utility, as a $20 price tag for $8 quality is a hard sell. Tho I really must have that ark.....:monkey5

I think it'd be rather easy. The two trickiest parts would be the glasses (the style that Giles wears is not at all the same) and the fact that Indy is clean-shaven in those scenes, which would require a repaint for authenticity.

Otherwise, the Giles suit should work just fine.

Well, I might not worry about the glass too much at first till I find something that works better. Josh will be working on my regular Indy so I will probably just have him do any of that work to the head.

Wouldn't Map Room/Cairo Digger Indy make the perfect SDCC Exclusive??? :monkey3

r17.jpg

The Staff of Ra is a must. Throw the book and the surveying piece in there and DONE DEAL:
r38.jpg

Don't see them giving us the surveying piece or book, but the staff of Ra is a given.

Don't see them giving us the surveying piece or book, but the staff of Ra is a given.

The book is also a must, imho, since he uses it in the Map Room scene as well. Sideshow doesn't have to include a gun, hat or second headsculpt with this one so the only necessary accessories would be

Staff of Ra
MK Bag
Indy's Notebook (and pencil?)

The surveying piece is unlikely, I know, but would put this completely over the top, imho.

The book is also a must, imho, since he uses it in the Map Room scene as well. Sideshow doesn't have to include a gun, hat or second headsculpt with this one so the only necessary accessories would be

Staff of Ra
MK Bag

The surveying piece is unlikely, I know, but would put this completely over the top, imho.

What about having part of the model city that the light points to?

That's WAY too much to ask, but I would be floored if we got that (no pun intended).

I don't mean the entire city-- just the building where the Ark is located (maybe surrounded by what looks like sand).

AND always intend a pun... otherwise the world has no meaning.

Wouldn't Map Room/Cairo Digger Indy make the perfect SDCC Exclusive??? :monkey3

r17.jpg

The Staff of Ra is a must. Throw the book and the surveying piece in there and DONE DEAL:
r38.jpg

WOW Irish, I hadn't thought about it being an SDCC exclusive, but that would work too. I'd definitely get one!

You know, now that I think about it, 'Streets Of Cairo' Indy could make a good SDCC exclusive too...same as the regular with no jacket, rolled up sleeves and a little more sweat/weathering on the shirt, and VOILA! Instant exclusive! More akin to the 'Sith Eyes' Anakin variation...EXACTLY the same outfit with a slight variation. No need to tailor any new clothes...Perhaps he could come with a market basket too...

Ugh.. please no 'now with a little more sweat' $90 SDCC variant.

If anything a bleeding battle damaged, shot and torn clothing SDCC Indy.

Staff of Ra
MK Bag

No doubt. They are all musts in my book, but who knows if we will actuly see them. I will buy any and all Indys, though, and I'm ready for some more IJ announcements!!! Getting antsy

Love Entropy's avatar, by the way.

Back