12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

No-account noob here. Howdy.

Despite all the issues everyone has complained of, I'm pretty dang sure I'm gonna buy this Indy figure at a local shop here on Friday or Saturday.

But I have a question...

Is the neck loose?

Just kidding.

My real question is: Where can one purchase one of these "TT" bodies? If mine proves to be as loose as most, and if the TT body will fill out the pants better, I'm most likely going to want to opt to replace the Prometheus, but the full extent of my experience with Sideshow (and with figures at this scale in general) was a Buffy figure I bought several years ago.

If anyone could send me a link to where I could purchase a replacement body? Or does anyone have a spare they'd like to trade or sell? (I know I'm a noob, but I have a buttload of positive trade feedback at Joe Battlelines, for what it's worth.)

Thanks, everyone!

Cheers,

Monte

Look at the Indy customs thread. Most of those are on a True Type body. I also think there are instructions on how to modify the bodies to make the parts compatible.

I finally bought my Sideshow Indy half an hour ago at a store called Hasting's. (I offer "a store called" 'cause I don't know that Hasting's boasts a presence beyond the humble boundaries of Twin Falls, Idaho.)

If I pull the collar of his jacket open, he becomes the Headbanger Indy variant that everyone has praised throughout this thread, but I find that his jacket tends to keep his head in place for most any pose; perhaps I lucked out and scored one that's reasonably tighter?

There were two figures on the shelf, so I even got to choose which looked better; the surprisingly amateurish facial hair was slightly more subtle on one than the other, so I nabbed him.

I am a total novice to figures of this scale. I had a Sideshow Buffy several years ago, but I found that she struggled to maintain a standing pose, so I traded her and have stuck with Sigma 6 since then; I even have a Sigma Indy that someone customized for me. It's obviously animated-style, having a Sigma 6 figure for its base, but I like it quite a bit.

That said, despite having no figures or accessories or dio resources that suit his scale, I am mighty enamored with my new, bigass Indy figure.

I hope to get him outdoors as soon as tomorrow.

He's such a fun figure to have. Looking at him everyday, raising his head and unbuckling his legs. J/K, I have two, one on a TT and one on the Harbinger body.

I have two, one on a TT and one on the Harbinger body.

Would you be willing to post a comparison pic of the two? I still might eventually replace the body, and it'd be cool to see which looks nicer.

Also, is there a way to minimize his Grandpa Pants look? Them pants is mighty high. :)

EDIT: Pulling down his pants works. I'm a genius...

Last edited:
Would you be willing to post a comparison pic of the two? I still might eventually replace the body, and it'd be cool to see which looks nicer.

Also, is there a way to minimize his Grandpa Pants look? Them pants is mighty high. :)

EDIT: Pulling down his pants works. I'm a genius...

off subject, but your photos are GREAT! :rock

Your pics are neat...nice to see someone else who takes their figures outside once in a while!

(that sig is a little large though :) )

Thanks, guys. I did in fact take Indy out for some outdoor photos today. I am about to load them, and I'll start sharing them ASAP.

Thanks for the note about the signature, too; I'll replace it with a humbler one today. :)

Picture3.jpg

Wow, zombie thread resurrected!

I didn't even remember my posts in this thread until I just reread them.

I ultimately (and in fact rather quickly) decided that Sideshow Indy's face paint was unforgivably bad. I gave him to a friend.

Sadly, we still haven't had a single great sixth-scale Indy figure. The Hot Toys likeness is rough, and the PERSI eyes look weird.

Back