Mezco One:12 Collective Ghostbusters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job articulating your opinions fellas.

This is not a glorification thread. In fact they have contributed more to this thread by posting their opinion about the figures than you by calling them out.
Anyway. IMO They are right. Mezco does so many fantastic figures. These fall short and are way behind their own standard. Granted, Diamond Select has no fabrics used, but otherwise their sculpts are way superior which is a shame. Would have loved to get these + GB2 + scientist variants.

That spotted Ecto-1 however would be pure awesomeness and a dream come true (in that 7" scale).

Lots of flippers with Mezco so I think these could do well.

1/12 has a lot larger audience due to cost and display space. I don't think there will be a that many fewer sets purchased because of the Blitzway figures.

Hope you guys are right. I love the scale and collect it for comic figures and, like I said, I’d love if they made a variant for The Real Ghostbusters. That’s a day one buy for me. I’d even grab and 1/12 Ecto-1 to go with my 1/6 ordered one of the did TRG. Fingers crossed so buy the hell out of these boys!(and girls!)

I think these would be great to play with as a kid. Nice 6 inch scale size but with that soft goods Mego appeal. If they came out with the Ecto-1 as well, it would be amazing. For display, not sure these would be that great. I think this style would lend itself very well to a Real Ghostbusters set.

I don't see a problem with anything they said.

Great job being offended by the opinion of posters.

This is not a glorification thread. In fact they have contributed more to this thread by posting their opinion about the figures than you by calling them out.
Anyway. IMO They are right. Mezco does so many fantastic figures. These fall short and are way behind their own standard. Granted, Diamond Select has no fabrics used, but otherwise their sculpts are way superior which is a shame. Would have loved to get these + GB2 + scientist variants.

That spotted Ecto-1 however would be pure awesomeness and a dream come true (in that 7" scale).

Woah! Lol. I'm by no means offended. I just wanted to know why they thought this way. Ya know, add a little bit of reasoning because I don't see what they see. As this being part of a discussion I'd really like to know why they think these don't look appealing simply for the reasons of being informed. Maybe they've spotted something or can identify something in the solicitation that I cannot. That's all.

It's frustrating that Mezco is putting out something of this quality in this scale. ThreeA shows that you can do really nice, high quality, "mixed media" type 1/6 scale figures in 1/12 scale. And at this price point, I would expect that. But here you have ill-fitting suits with this ugly, thick material. I'm not joking when I say that I would not put these on display, even if someone sent them to me for free. It's reminiscent of some cheap Dragon figures from 20 years ago. My first thought following Bustajesse's point is that this reminds me of the Spiral Zone figures that were out when I was a kid. I actually think Mego figures are a lot more aesthetically pleasing.

I am really disappointed in these. There are things I like, such as the alternate heads, the accessories, the slight discount for buying the set, but overall they just look like figures that Mezco have given up on and want to get out the door. The cartoony heads, the bulky potato sack suits. At this point I've come to expect better from them. I really think the upcoming Michael Meyers, Ash from Evil Dead, and Alex from Clockwork Orange all look really good, so I don't understand why they can't get THESE "realistic" outfits to look as nice. My guess is that is has something to do with wanting to have zippers on the front and maybe that puts a limit to how thin the material of the suit can be. I dunno. But if that were the case they should just get rid of the zipper idea all together.

I will say I like the Winston head better than the Blitzway version, lol. But personally I'll probably just stick with my Blitzway set and pass on these. If this were Hot Toys I would be thinking "Well there's still plenty of time for revisions!" but with Mezco it seems like what they put up for preorder is what you get.

I am really disappointed in these. There are things I like, such as the alternate heads, the accessories, the slight discount for buying the set, but overall they just look like figures that Mezco have given up on and want to get out the door. The cartoony heads, the bulky potato sack suits. At this point I've come to expect better from them. I really think the upcoming Michael Meyers, Ash from Evil Dead, and Alex from Clockwork Orange all look really good, so I don't understand why they can't get THESE "realistic" outfits to look as nice. My guess is that is has something to do with wanting to have zippers on the front and maybe that puts a limit to how thin the material of the suit can be. I dunno. But if that were the case they should just get rid of the zipper idea all together.

I will say I like the Winston head better than the Blitzway version, lol. But personally I'll probably just stick with my Blitzway set and pass on these. If this were Hot Toys I would be thinking "Well there's still plenty of time for revisions!" but with Mezco it seems like what they put up for preorder is what you get.

In most cases yes. There's a lot of time between solicitation and release with Mezco figs. There will be some things that change. Look at the Brown suit Wolverine shorts as example. I was watching Robo from the Fwoosh do his 2018 Mezco Catalog breakdown last night and he spotted a difference between the first solicitation material from Cyclops to the current and noticed that in the original (who knows when that was) they had him wearing a yellow bottom that broke up all the blue in the suit. They've changed it since to have blue lines throughout and taken away the yellow trunks.

Egon's likeness is the only one that bothers me. Looks like they went overboard with making his face/head long and thin. As for the suits, they definitely need better tailoring to thin them out; given what they've done with the Joker(s) and upcoming John Wick I think it's something they could do. The zippers... well, I don't think I've seen zippers done well in 1/12 scale and this definitely doesn't change that, they should probably ditch them and stitch in faux ones. They're also lacking the yellow tubes and the ghost is missing its chin.

If they can improve the suits I might get this but right now it's a pretty easy pass.

It's just the waiting game with Mezco. There's still no sign of Alex, despite him supposedly being out by now. Mezco do some lovely stuff, but punctual they ain't.

Thanks guys, really am looking forward to these.
I got my first Diamond Select Ghostbuster last week, then the tiny brittle proton stream peg snapped off. So, Mezco to the rescue as their set looks incredible, and much sturdier lol

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, really am looking forward to these.
I got my first Diamond Select Ghostbuster last week, then the tiny brittle proton stream peg snapped off. So, Mezco to the rescue as their set looks incredible, and much sturdier lol

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

The diamond ghostbusters are a lovely budget alternative for those of us who can't afford £300+ for the mez ones. They're generally robust, but do have the odd little piece that can be quite fragile as you say. Plus it's a range that really requires you to go all in to get that astonishing Rooftop diorama. (I still haven't built mine, it's massive and I'm looking for the right place to put it!)

Back