12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see what you mean, those creases do appear to have been painted for enhancement, which they don't need. I think the hard edge of the 5 O'Clock shadow really kills that it's not a beard, not so much how dark or thick the brown is, but that it has a hard, halting edge, where a 5 O'Clock shadow makes a smooth transition because it's just stubble. Thankfully, the production should come out with "lesser" paint apps which should favor things. My gut's telling me production Indy will be a step up from the proto.

I hope the quality of the body (tightness of joints; plastic) is better the POS small body.

The fedora needs to be taller as well...from these shots it looks shorter than it should be.

I have to be honest here, I would happily accept a delay for Sideshow to have Trevor redo the head. NOT because he did a bad job, but because he nailed it with the PF and I'd like to see the 12'' figure get the same respect. I remember Trevor mentioning that there things he tweaked on the PF sculpt to get Harrison's likeness.

If not, I'd have Sideshow get one of their best painters to repaint the head....c'mon now you can do better than this!

We were all ecstatic about his sculpt when all we had was the unpainted pictures, and I think there's nothing wrong with it. it's the paint that's off (although I think it's actually not THAT bad -- just not ideal). But I don't think getting someone to repaint the head is necessarily the answer if it can't be replicated in production. We've been down that road before.

Maybe it is a new tactic: paint the prototype very poorly so nobody will be dissapointed by the production paint.

Since we now have seen a pattern that SSC figures on the new body will have Hot Toys style heads where the skin is the cast material, not paint, I think it's safe to assume the production figures will look fairly different because of this, not a bad thing, but quite different. Look at the skin differences between Clone Obi-Wan proto and the production piece. Belloq and Indy will also look significantly different because of this.

The likeness on this prototype is a bit hard to see at times because of the paint on his beard and the lack of neck. It frames the jawline akwardly, but knowing Trev's work and how this looked before, I have no doubts the sculpt is on par for Indy.

The fedora needs to be taller as well...from these shots it looks shorter than it should be.

I have to be honest here, I would happily accept a delay for Sideshow to have Trevor redo the head. NOT because he did a bad job, but because he nailed it with the PF and I'd like to see the 12'' figure get the same respect. I remember Trevor mentioning that there things he tweaked on the PF sculpt to get Harrison's likeness.

If not, I'd have Sideshow get one of their best painters to repaint the head....c'mon now you can do better than this!

You'll have to wait for the Temple of Doom or Last Crusade Indy. I'm sure we will get them.

I really don't think there is any need to redo the head... its a fantastic sculpt. Sure the paint's a little off, but in person people seem to be really happy with it... but not as much in photos.

Did anyone at SDCC pick up an updated release date? I know SSC site still says 3rd quarter but I was hoping for an email notice pretty soon. :whip

The website actually says October.
indyti4.jpg

I have this per-ordered through Toys2. Looking VERY forward to adding this to my tiny collection.

October eh? So I'll get this and my Hot Toys DK Batman around the same time... sweet!

Geez! The more I look at these close ups the more I see the Geico caveman. I can't buy this figure if this is how it will look. I wasn't that impressed when I first saw it but it grew on me, now I'm right back off. I really think I'll be canceling this and waiting for a TOD figure.

I really believe those shots are of the prototype. It looks handpainted to me. I think the pushoff to October is for the factory to get the paint apps right. This is the flagship figure for this line. They can NOT screw it up.

Geez! The more I look at these close ups the more I see the Geico caveman. I can't buy this figure if this is how it will look. I wasn't that impressed when I first saw it but it grew on me, now I'm right back off. I really think I'll be canceling this and waiting for a TOD figure.

At the rate SS's going that could be a while.

Their next figure will probably be one of the misc. thugs in the Raven bar shootout from Raiders......:rolleyes:

Regardless of the sculpt, the accessories alone sell this figure for me.

Poseable. Whip.

Fists! Indy with fists! Finally! :banana

Already canceled. I'll wait for a TOD Indy down the line.

Back