12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm more hopeful about the paint apps on his 5 O'Clock shadow now than I was before SDCC. Clone Obi-Wan has a fantastically painted beard, so I'm hoping Indy will get a 5 O'Clock shadow that looks like it should and not like a full beard, that's my biggest worry, if it looks like a beard, it'll totally ruin the whole thing because he just had some rough stubble.

I'm thinking it isn't because of the difference in appearance between the head and neck. Clone Wars Obi-Wan Production head is cast in flesh tone and matches his neck, so my guess is Indy is still the Prototype. That and the paint apps look a bit more detailed than any production figure I've seen.

Good catch, bro. I think you're right. I also agree with your other post that I'm hoping the 5 O'Clock shadow is lightly painted and not heavy handed like a beard.

Don't hit me, but I think Hasbro's whipping Indy has a pretty good sculpt -- ruined by poor paint. Specifically, a too heavy beard.

SDCC08-SSCIndy-04.jpg

Trev :rock

300_62069.jpg

I'm trying not to see this connection!! :horror

I wouldn't mind if they nixed it all together. I'm afraid of repeat Aragorn apps. Facial hair is just too tricky.

That'd be my preference, if the factory can't pull of subtle, then go non-existent rather than Faramir and Aragorn beards.

Looks good. Gotta dirty up those clothes a bit. The sculpt looks really nice and with a repaint should look awesome. Indy with the idol diorama is gonna be killer.

The more I see con shots of Indy, the more I come to the conclusion, I'd rather leave his 5 O'Clock shadow at just Trev's sculpted hairs and not be painted. The proto paint is too heavy, it alters the look of his face and expression just as it did with Aragorn.

Looks good. Gotta dirty up those clothes a bit. The sculpt looks really nice and with a repaint should look awesome. Indy with the idol diorama is gonna be killer.

Yeah, I'm gonna have one of each. Josh is going to mess with my other which will go with my Idol chamber and be reaching for the Idol just like at the start of Raiders.

Sean- I don't think the paint was quite as thick in person as its showing up in my pics or any of the others I've seen.

Hey Josh,

You say that the painted stubble doesn't look as bad as it does in person? That's good to hear but right now it looks too heavy for me. It's a great sculpt, and I hate having trying to repaint it, especially since this rest of the paint apps look good. Also, does the color difference between the neck and the head look as apparent as they do in the photos? It's really jarring in the photos. The outfit does look like it could use some weathering, however, it does look well tailored. Honestly, I would be happy if SS would just fix the paint stubble and release him just like that. Is this a prototype or the final pre-production sample? thanks man and I appreciate the cool pictures. Best so far!!

Last edited:
I don't think it looks bad at all. It just not as thick looking in person as it does in the pics. I didn't notice the color difference on Indy so I guess it wasn't an issue. Ya know I'm not sure. I don't recall anyone saying what it was. I would say its a pre-production since he's shipping in just a few months.

I'm about 90% certain that's the prototype Indy. The paint apps and everything looks like the usual resin prototype from Sideshow, with painted skin. I'm sure the production head will be cast in flesh tone like all of the new body figures have been so far.

I'm about 90% certain that's the prototype Indy. The paint apps and everything looks like the usual resin prototype from Sideshow, with painted skin. I'm sure the production head will be cast in flesh tone like all of the new body figures have been so far.

It will be I'm pretty sure. They're going to do that more now on their figures trying to go the HT route.

It will be I'm pretty sure. They're going to do that more now on their figures trying to go the HT route.

It's a good way to take things really, based on Obi-Wan, I'd say the detail it allows to come through is great. The hobbits were ok, but very soft faces, Obi-Wan really shows where it helps with detail not covering up subtle lines and things with paint. I'm actually hopeful Indy's 5 O'Clock shadow may turn out alright with how paint is done on the new head material, more confident than I'd be with the old resin heads.

Well, SS appears to be doing it right with this method. The Hobbits turned out quite nice and Obi-Wan is going that way. Indy should rock.

Back