12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking of canceling the exclusive figure, but I don't think I can. Something wants me to keep this guy. I just wished the head looked better on this.

Damn, November?!? Oh well, lots of stuff coming in the next few months... I guess a little breathing room for the wallet can't hurt.

I have Indy pre-ordered with toys2...my credit card is expiring in November, and now the date is pushed back...what will happen?

Checked today and site is now saying Nov 2008. Sigh, more delays.

That doesn't surprise me, they didn't even have a production sample at SDCC.

There's a lot riding on this figure though, it's the premiere figure of the line, the first figure on the new body, having it turn out just right is going to matter more than with other figures because it needs to keep support for the line and make people feel happy about the new body. I think the lengthy wait will pay off with this one.

That doesn't surprise me, they didn't even have a production sample at SDCC.

There's a lot riding on this figure though, it's the premiere figure of the line, the first figure on the new body, having it turn out just right is going to matter more than with other figures because it needs to keep support for the line and make people feel happy about the new body. I think the lengthy wait will pay off with this one.

All very true. I think the main reason is the brand new body. Just look at the wait of the hobbits but I think this will turn out amazing.

All very true. I think the main reason is the brand new body. Just look at the wait of the hobbits but I think this will turn out amazing.

Not just the body, Indy is potentially more complext and uncharted waters for SSC. His beard stuble is a point of caution, they've historically gone too full beard with those types of characters and that won't fly with Indy. His leather coat is something for them, they need to find something to get the right look but not cheapen it like the plastic type material from T-800. And of course there's the new body to nail, and given some of the faults in the Hobbit body, I want them to take their time on Prometheus.

Man November? Jeez this thing is gonna have so much pressure on it now its not even funny.

Question is, will the delay be the answer to preliminary pressure, or just a cause of additional. I'm hoping it's to be an answer, but time will tell.

Yup, I mean November isn't that far off but we're getting to the point enough delays already.

Well, since at the moment, it's a 2 figure line, and of the two he's the only critical one, I can take delays all day long right now, so long as the end result is Old Ben and not Faramir. It is getting frustrating, I'm eager to get a high end Indy, but if it takes longer to get that, so be it, as long as that's what I get. If he comes out like a 6/10 after all this, then I'll explode. At this point, he should be no less than an 8/10.

Well, I don't have that much patience. :lol Having seen Obi-Wan at SDCC he shouldn't be much further behind. I just think we're at the point no more delays and its time to get this out.

Well, it is curious what goes on in production. Stormtroopers are already in production with samples out, yet Indy hasn't even produced and approved sample yet. Wonder how many other things may already be underway but we don't know about them.

My 2 big points of concern are the jacket and stubble, I'm confident the rest will come out fine because they don't seem out of the norm, but the quality of the jacket on the T-800 is pretty so-so and the wrinkles are very unrealistic, so I hope Indy's comes out better, and I just won't be able to enjoy the figure if he looks like he's got a full beard, that's not how he looks.

I think it will be fine based on what they had at SDCC. Looked like it would be fairly simple for SS to pull off in production and then looking at Obi-Wan I think Indy will be fine. I just hate waiting. :lol

Back