12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indy especially needs it, painted skin won't blend with the plastic neck, but HT's shown that cast skin can match the neck and make the difference less noticeable. I'm a little bummed no prod sample for Indy, means he's probably still a bit off.

He's due in what October? So we have time.

Ya, I'm not saying he won't be on time, more definitely not early, but I think Obi-Wan is slated October also and he could be September if he's already at production sample point. I just really want a NICE Indy figure to work with. The movies got me excited but so far the market's full of so-so representations.

Yeah, after seeing him the wait is gonna suck but I think it will be a happy ending.

Especially now with the idol pedistal, as soon as I started watching the movies and wanting collectibles from Indy, one of my first thoughts was SSC should make it, it would be small enough, and now they are going to.

I saw that piece and was like damn. Now I can make my dio. SDCC was pretty damn impressive with all they had.

Ya, for me, SDCC was a bit overshadowed by what wasn't there, but what was impressed me and landed a whole lot into my POs at SSC.

I was surprised at what wasn't there as well. Something we all talked about multiple times.

I hear some things may be on the horizon that'll show up not far from now, but who knows. At least Indy line got a boost of life it needed.

Yeah, sounds like lots of good things coming. :rock

Hopefully spread out. The good news with SDCC was that it was 50/50 for me, about half of what was new I cared for, half I could pass on, but I've already cancelled a few things to accommodate new orders.

Yeah, we need it spread out. As much as waiting sucks you just have to have it that way. I liked a lot of what I saw but there was a lot that wasn't my thing either.

It was nice to learn of Vader as 2009, I want 2 Stormies and they're Q4. A lot of the things at the con are slated for Q4 this year, with things already lined up for Q4 from earlier this year.

I got two stormies coming as well and will be quite happy to get them and wish Vader was Q4 but its ok to wait for him just a little longer.

I do hope Indy is a cast head... I think it will make a big difference and lead to more consistency across the lines. Especially from proto to production. But either way, even if Indy looks like what was at SDCC he'll still be the best yet.

Absolutely, the possibilities for poses really goes up with this method neck. Half my ideas probably wouldn't work with a sculpted.

Yeah, sculpted necks tend to look better... but that extra poseability is really nice. And I like that Sideshow is keeping the cut on the bottom of the head close to the jaw-line. I hate how Medicom does it on there's... looks bad on a lot of figures.

It's all about aesthestics. With Indy, it's the aesthetic of the whole figure that matter. A sculpted neck would make his head look best, but the look of the figure with the limited poseability would decline. Most of the poses done with the jointed neck will hide the seam anyway, for most views.

IMG_9359.jpg

IMG_9358.jpg

Its hard to believe thats the same Trevor Grove sculpt from the production blog. The paints are so ham fistedly applied .....:banghead

Marcus: Congrats Indiana youve made the discovery of a life time!
Indiana:Huh!? Oh, the ark. I can hardly believe it myself.
Marcus: No, dear boy. Look in the mirror. The missing link, its you !!
Indiana: Sonuva...
Marcus: Your fondest dream has come true, were putting you on permanent display in the natural history wing.

The facial lines (on the either side of the mouth and nose) look far more pronounced then the unpainted sculpt would suggest. It looks like dark paint
was used to enhance them.

Back